Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2002 1:50:56 PM EDT
how about it, if they can have a channel for golf and racing and soap opera and stuff how about a channel just for guns

we could call it the tnfn (the national firearms network).

it would be like american shooter all day long [:D]

what do you guys think
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell yeah!! [bounce]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#2]
YES!!!! I'd never get anything done[:D]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#3]
...but would it have POP?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#4]
They'll probably ban that in Kalifornia too.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember getting something from the NRA asking for a donation about a month or two ago.  Can't remember if it was for a show or a channel though...guessing show.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#6]
think of it we could have a shows for hanguns, concealed carry, rifles, deffensive shooting, machine guns, shotguns, blackpowder, competition coverage, reloading and a special show for our favorite black rifle.

it would be the only channel I would watch.

we need to find a way to make this happen

starting to drool just thinkin about it [:D]

edited to say hell yeah it have pop, and bang, and boom and ratta tat tat too [}:D]

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Make it - 'The Weapons Channel', have nothing but weapons ranging from A-10 Warthogs, ICBMs, firearms, cutlery, etc.  There'd be tons of stuff that could be aired.

[heavy]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#8]
sign me up!
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#9]

[B]I WANT MY GTV!!![/B]

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#10]
that would rule. course we need a gun based soap opera. days of our ars
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like a good idea
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#12]
only if there is no commercials for Valtrex and Vagisel.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#13]
What a bright idea! Anybody considered making a business plan and obtaining some capital to make this a reality.
Think about it. If enough interested people got involved we might just be able to make it a reality. I cannot think of a better way to promote our views and diminish the antis arguments.
I'd be willing to get involved, would any one else?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:17:34 PM EDT
[#14]
great Ideas so far
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I wonder how many democrats would want to buy airtime for their campaign commercials on 'our' new network?  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Instead of a soap, how about a couple 5 minute shows (shown ever couple hours) about whats happening on ar15.com.  Today in GD we have an interesting discussion about bla bla blah.  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
[B]I WANT MY GTV!!![/B]
View Quote

If you wanna make money, you gotta git on the GTV!  That ain't workin--that's the way you do it--ammo for nothin, and hicaps for free!

We got to get some pre-ban blue labels, custom FFL deliveray-ay-ay!  We got to move these sub machine guns! We got to move these M60E3eeees!

I shoulda learned to handle a glock!  I shoulda bought that Beta-C drum! Hey there, look at darkhelmet--practicin' in his league like a J-B-T!  That aint workin--that's the way you do it--ammo for nothing, and hicaps for free!

I want my. I want my. I want my GTV!
I want my. I want my. I want my GTV!

Err... I'm not exactly sure where that came from--but I'm gonna stop now. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Who wants to guess what kind of Parental Advisory rating a channel like that would get?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#20]
maybe we can get this tacked up

ya never know.
if we could get the funding how great would this be.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#21]
GTV can run bad re-runs of the non-hit comedy Sledgehammer! Remember that show?

Now THATS quality television!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Hell I'm a producer/editor, lets roll!

Bulldog OUT
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 7:33:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't forget about the chicks with guns segment every night after 10pm!  Anyone remember that 80 tape with the topless bimbos shooting full auto?  

Gotta love America!

(Would this be one of those shitty satellite access channels or in "the package" with CNN, MTV and USA? Not that it would matter...)
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#24]
bull dog where do we start [:)]

maybe we could get it right next to speed vision and oln, either that or right in between the histor channel and the discovery channel
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:09:22 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't know if this is still relevant, but check out the [url=www.gunownerstv.com]Shooting Express Network[/url].

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#26]
don't know if it is or not but I will sure find out. thanks though
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:42:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Sign me up!!!!
Any chance of including any female nudity?
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:52:39 AM EDT
[#28]
less dogs and women, more guns
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:55:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Well our soap opera could be that old show "Sledgehammer". The other hit show would "Bikini Girls With Black Rifles" But the all time hit would our own version of Survivor. Use your imagination for the last one.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:52:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

maybe we could get it right next to speed vision and oln, either that or right in between the histor channel and the discovery channel
View Quote

There is actually ALOT involved in this (Starting a new channel), in the time being you  would have to come up with quite a few SERIES of shows (say 26 weeks worth), then multiply that times the number of hours you plan on being on air every night.....

:)

Bulldog OUT
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:11:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Hell Bulldog, I got a few good idea's for a series. Can Call it REDNECK-N-GUN's
 A comedy/Information show, Starring me and my FRIEND  MR.GAME WARDEN.
  Yeah, I am from Georgia, Have longish hair, beard,JACKED UP 4x4 with a shotgun behind the seat, Coondogs beagles the whole nine yards,I am MR. Redneck, But My friend really is the game warden, A Dudly Dooright looking fellow.
    We could do shows on How to fish for bass with a 3006.... ANd then show why you should not, when Mr. GameWarden shows up,
  How to spot light, And then why you shouldnt.
    An educational show of sorts, with a funny twist. Man I can come up with several hundred shows, Hell I have lived them in my 38 years..

Ya'll be good now ya-hear

Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:14:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I am sure that there are probably alot of small shows from around the country that would love to be syndicated. we would still have to come up with some more new shows but I volunteer for to host or help in as many as possible. [:D]

particularly the rifle handgun machine gun and ar shows [:D]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#34]
imagine the red green show with small arms?
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 10:23:39 AM EDT
[#35]
so where do we start
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#36]
when do we get the gun channel or did this idea fall flat on its face?
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Don't forget to add any movie with lots of guns. This could be Die Hard series, anything by Steven Segal, Arnold Schwartzannager(sp?), Van Damm, etc.

We'll have the black rifle show, the deer rifle show, the shotgun show, the pistol show, the revolver show, the knife show, the concealed-carry show, the open-carry show, the SHTF show, the how-to-kick-dirtbag-anti-gun-reps-out-of-office show, the reloading show, the competition-shooting show, the ammo show, the fighter-jet show, the tank show, the nuclear weapons show...

This could go on for a while. If you could find enough guys to do the shows, you could fill up a lot of airtime.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#39]
I can see the 3rd episode now.   Guns of the Gangsta.   Not to be confused with the history of the tommy gun.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Here's a show... ".223 Is Company "
Janet and Krissy can pillow fight over who gets to carry the Colt Shorty.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#41]
I second the motion for Chicks with Guns!  We would also need a Celebrities with Guns bit as well.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:53:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

MONEY, Lots of MONEY. LOL

Its all anbout getting sponsorships and proving you have a built-in audience, (I am working on pitching a show to Discovery Channel, you have NO IDEA how much work this is.)

I would go OFF on this if it ever took off. I think you would have to go small first, try to get a couple shows on Outdoor Life Network, aka American Shooter, the whe you get enuff of 'em, split and form your own network.

Bulldog OUT
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Make it - 'The Weapons Channel', have nothing but weapons ranging from A-10 Warthogs, ICBMs, firearms, cutlery, etc.  There'd be tons of stuff that could be aired.

[heavy]
View Quote

All subjects related to things that go [b]BOOM!![/b]

Count me in!![}:D]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What a bright idea! Anybody considered making a business plan and obtaining some capital to make this a reality.
Think about it. If enough interested people got involved we might just be able to make it a reality. I cannot think of a better way to promote our views and diminish the antis arguments.
I'd be willing to get involved, would any one else?
View Quote

It wouldn't work.  The goal of television is to make money.  And TV makes money by advertising.  I know a little about TV production and what it costs to do it, and it isn't cheap.  Who is going to actively advertise on a gun network other than gun related companies?  Any non-gun company would end up getting pressured by the Brady Campaign and Million Moms.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
how about it, if they can have a channel for golf and racing and soap opera and stuff how about a channel just for guns

we could call it the tnfn (the national firearms network).

it would be like american shooter all day long [:D]

what do you guys think
View Quote

No this is a bad idea as i sit on my ass enough. LOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top