Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2002 1:33:31 PM EDT
I have an original ArmaLite 20 rd AR-15 magazine, marked "CAL .223".  I undertand these were the first AR magazines made, and are quite rare.  Could anyone tell me what the value would be on this magazine??
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 1:55:53 PM EDT
[#1]
absolutely worth less as a matter of fact their so worth less I would be willin to take that off your hands a dispose of it for no charge to you at all (except shipping of course). [:D]

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure it's not an AR-18 mag that someone home modded.. Early ones had a distinctive horizontal, and vertical pattern of reinforcing ribs in the body, as compared to the common vertical only..
 Posting piccies would help..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#3]
It is an actual ArmaLite AR-15 magazine, as it states this on the floorplate.  However, it only has vertical ribs in the body.  I have some pics of the mag, except I don't know how to post them.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have an original ArmaLite 20 rd AR-15 magazine, marked "CAL .223".  I undertand these were the first AR magazines made, and are quite rare.  Could anyone tell me what the value would be on this magazine??
View Quote

Jason, the base plate just says ArmaLite and not Colts' and ArmaLite ??

Is this a waffle-mag ?  Waffle looking design ?

Without the above question answered I saw a similar mag sell for $160.00 but I believe that mag was dual branded.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:33:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It is an actual ArmaLite AR-15 magazine, as it states this on the floorplate.  However, it only has vertical ribs in the body.  I have some pics of the mag, except I don't know how to post them.
View Quote

Will you email me a pic of the mag and if you have it a shot of the floorplate ?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Pic has been emailed to you, 5sub...
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pic has been emailed to you, 5sub...
View Quote

Jason, I'm assuming the side of the mag is not in the waffle pattern.

I have three of these mags and they're worth roughly $150.00 - $200.00/each.  Obviously your buyer will be a collector.

There is an old lime-green mag pouch that holds two of these mags that you might be on the look-out for.
I no longer have the link but if you can find the "Buddy Hinton" collection on the net there's some fine pictures.

An even more rare version is the 20-round with the old waffle pattern.

The most rare version is a 15-round ArmaLite mag.  

Your mag appears to be in like-new condition and you've got a Keeper for sure.

Congratulations !!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top