View Quote

Amen bother!!!

[0:)]

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:22:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The fool has said in his heart their is no God. Psalms 14;1
View Quote

Is this the same fool who decided that "their" can be used as a substitute for "there"? [;)]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Is this the same fool who decided that "their" can be used as a substitute for "there"? [;)]
View Quote

Your such an idiot.
I mean derrrrr. I fergot to gnow hew to spil my werds. Derrr. The meaning is still there moron.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:30:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Origins of April Fools Day...

When the Church officially declared Dec. 25 to be the birthdate of Christ, in order to co opt a old pagen holiday (Festival of Myrna? I think) they decided the year should begin with his birth. So much like the timeline BC, AD, etc. the calander year begins on Jan. 1 to coincide with this idea.

The previous clander year was much like that still in use by China, etc. and begins with the seasonal return of life in the spring. Never mind Jesus was most likely ALSO born in the spring, politics and religious dogma are far more important than accuracy.

So AFTER the clander and timeline was recalibrated to the satisfaction of the Jesus folks, despite mathematical errors in the timeline itself, they recognized the start of the year as Jan. 1.

Many people resisted the NEW calander and continued to recognize the beginning of the NEW YEAR in the spring on the April 1 date. Thus anyone who did not accept the new mumbo jumbo was branded a "April Fool."
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:32:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Your such an idiot.
I mean derrrrr. I fergot to gnow hew to spil my werds. Derrr. The meaning is still there moron.
View Quote

As is the meaning in Matthew 5:22.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:40:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Your such an idiot.
View Quote

I didnt call him a fool moron. Here we go I figured this would get the roaches out of the wood work. More people half knowing the bible and trying to argue it I was just trying to make a funny to begin with and most are trying to make this a debate. Sheesh..... if you dont like it dont respond.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Your such an idiot.
View Quote

View Quote
I didnt call him a fool moron. Here we go I figured this would get the roaches out of the wood work. More people half knowing the bible and trying to argue it I was just trying to make a funny to begin with and most are trying to make this a debate. Sheesh..... if you dont like it dont respond.
View Quote

So only people who agree with you are allowed to respond?

You missed the point of my comment.  Jesus wasn't talking about never using the exact word "fool" of someone.  Jesus used some Aramaic word anyway.  "Moron" and "roach" are actually closer to what he was talking about in Matthew 5:22 than the way we typically use "fool".  Jesus is talking about angry insults.

I don't see how you were just making a "funny" to begin with.  You were calling atheists fools.  How is that funny?  That seems either pretty serious or insulting.  I agree that someone who doesn't believe in God is a fool because they are believing something that is leading to their own destruction, but I don't usually go taunt them with that and expect not to get a response.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Think I will save this thread for the next time that Garandman starts whining about how it's always non-believers "persecuting" Christians on this website.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The fool has said in his heart there is no God. Psalms 14;1
View Quote

You'd be better off heeding a quote from Lincoln regarding fools: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt."
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Speaking is Silver........silence is Gold.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:23:05 PM EDT
[#12]
[img]www.catalaw.com/detox/graphics/detoxbig.gif[/img]
[b]Because Religion Is Rediculous[/b]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Now THAT is funny!! Looks like Mr.Rightious is actually Mr.April Fool himself.

Ever see The Green Mile? Remember Percy, the lil' prison guard? I get that visual when reading Shortchanged's posts.....not quite sure why.
[img]thegreenmile.warnerbros.com/img/c-hutchison.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top