Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2002 7:44:32 PM EDT

[url=http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=30032002-024315-8298r]Boise to be test target for Marine snoops[/url]

In a bid for a more realistic training experience, Marine Corps reconnaissance teams will attempt to evade nosey neighbors and noisy dogs as they prowl the streets of Boise in a mock infiltration exercise this spring.

The city and the Marines announced Friday that about two-dozen leathernecks would attempt to infiltrate Boise during practice intelligence-gathering missions sometime between May 6 and 10.

Although the Marines routinely practice their craft in mock urban settings on military bases, some skills can only be honed in a genuine city.

The Marines will then attempt to slip into the city, spy on specific targets and then get out of town unnoticed; other Marines will act as enemy sentries guarding the target buildings.

Hirsch said the Marines would be wearing military-style clothing and would not be carrying loaded weapons. They will also not go on to private property. [b][Not THIS time!][/b] The goal is for the Marines to carry out their missions without being noticed by Boise's 186,000 citizens.

[b]Such exercises by the military are not unusual.[/b] A similar larger-scale exercise last month in North Little Rock, Arkansas frightened some residents who came upon armed troops skulking around their neighborhoods.

An Army Special Forces soldier was shot to death and another was wounded Feb. 23 during such a surreptitious exercise when they jumped a Bragg County, North Carolina deputy sheriff whom they thought was a role-playing actor in an exercise.

Despite the chance of running into a citizen with a shotgun or a snarling 100-pound Rottweiler, urban exercises are seen as an important training tool, particularly as the U.S. military finds itself increasingly involved in chasing guerilla forces such as al Qaida.
----------------------------------------------------

[b]
They are systematically desensitizing the public into accepting the infiltration of cities with the military!! They are actually PRACTICING for the suspension of the Constitution!!
This is just the beginning of the incremetental push towards public acceptance of a military/police State.

Does this send alarms off in anyone elses head??
[/b]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Nuts...I can't find that tinfoil hat smiley now that I really need it...

CJ

Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:02:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nuts...I can't find that tinfoil hat smiley now that I really need it...
CJ
View Quote

Well they've already practiced their JBT tactics on a larger scale using American citizens as training dummies...
[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=84724]Iowa National Guard Launches Terrorist Training[/url].

Now they just have to hone their skill at infiltrating cities.

[b]And what are they practicing for? An entire American city filled with Al Qaeda???[/b]

Yeah, right.

Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:17:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
However, it is difficult to desensitize people who own large caliber weaponry.
View Quote

ROFLMAO...

Oh, were you actually being serious? [;D]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#6]

They are systematically desensitizing the public into accepting the infiltration of cities with the military!! They are actually PRACTICING for the suspension of the Constitution!!
This is just the beginning of the incremetental push towards public acceptance of a military/police State.

Does this send alarms off in anyone elses head??
View Quote

HUH??, NO the last time they had a military excercise for military within a city a LEO killed a SOLDIER.  Hence now they anounce what the hell they are doing way before hand.

See they have been doing excercises in cities since the 50's.  

Ben

Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Yes, I see no one took the implications of what this "training" was for very seriously.

I guess most here think it's okay to practice using the US Military to "infiltrate" American cities to infiltrate and put down large insurrections.

Fine.

Sorry about waking you up.

Go back to sleep.

And dream about why the Military would have to practice "[u]sneaking into our own cities[/u]" to protect [u][b]us[/b][/u] law-abiding citizens from Al Qaeda terrorists.

Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#9]
This crappy one?
[img]http://www.havenofrags.de/skammy/tinfoil.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did you have something specific in mind that we should DO about it?
View Quote
The same thing we do about all the unconstitutional gun-laws our Gov't passes every day. Nothing.

And according to [b]Benjamin[/b] this has been going on since the '50s? Are you ex-military Ben and have you been on such operations before?

Any other ex-military folk here ever been involved with infiltrating an American city before?

If I'm rattled about nothing, I'd like those who've been doing this for decades to let me know.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:42:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Macallan, it is just exactly the same as the development and deployment of nonlethal weapons and area denial devices.  This is because the realities of modern warfare are pressing evolutions in tactics and training.  I do not believe that the Marines are training to subjugate the cities in America.  They are training to subjugate the cities in other countries, simply because that is where the battles are expected to be.
However, it would not hurt for them to brush up on their mountain-fighting either...
View Quote

I can only hope - and sleep with one eye open [;)]

Thanks for the optimism [b]DoubleFeed[/b]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Geez.  You need to wake up.  They are practicing for going into cities in other countries.  Look at Europe during WWII.  Most of the fighting was building to building in the cities.  They did not have the training then and had to learn as they went.  They are training them for this very thing in case they have to do it again in ANOTHER COUNTRY!  Stop being so paranoid.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#17]

And according to Benjamin this has been going on since the '50s? Are you ex-military Ben and have you been on such operations before
View Quote

No I have never been involved with any operation.  However as a small child I would listen to them holding excercises off the north end of the Runway at Tinker AFB in the Vacated field next to my grandparents house (less then 100 yards away). The property was fenced off when a Phantom driver flew his bird into the neighborhood. Then the Army started using it for training.  I just thought that is something that they always do.  Ft. Bragg has been training people for years and years within the city limits.  It seemed logical that they would practice in a city, where else can you get that kind of training.  I wonder how many real ops have gone down in America without any of us being the wiser????

And who knows maybe they are floating that story to see how many people move out of the city months before the operation?? It could also be used to flush out people , if you get what I am saying.

I guess my whole point is this, why worry about it. Their our military.

Ben

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 12:44:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:02:11 AM EDT
[#19]
I guess we should spend millions of dollars to build fake cities for our soldiers to practice in. that way we wont "suspend the constitution" (whatever that means) by having them practice in the real world.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:13:35 AM EDT
[#20]
I'll keep an eye out as I keep the skys safe for truth, justice and the American way.  I look forward to the challenge.  We really raised hell with the National Guard during their summer manuvers.  They stationed a radio site up on the mountain and we snuck up on them (used the canyon for terrain masking) buzzed them and disappeared again.  We laughed for hours!  See me at Boisetraffic.com.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:16:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Mac, this is an April Fools joke, right?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:37:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Marines infiltrating cities undetected???ROFLMAO!!! They'll be easy to spot, just look for the CNN Camera Crews...
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:40:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Well if the bases are infiltrated by civilians from time to time, turnabout is to be expected.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top