Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2002 4:10:48 PM EDT
Anyone have a workout program? I may have to do a test similar to the Army PT Test in a few months, beginning of June. I know there is no magic formula I just want to use the time I have efficiently.

Some information;
I am 32, 33 in April
Height 6' 2"
Weight 215
Need to lose some weight and also increase my endurance.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a bunch that would work. If your goals are losing bodyfat and endurance you might try this.
Mon. Run minimum 20 minutes plus cool down and
    stretch. Distance is not important
Tues. Weights. Chest, 8 sets. Shoulders 6 sets.
     Triceps 6 sets.
Wed. same as mon.
Thurs. Weights. Back, biceps, and abs,20sets
Fri. same as mon
After about 8 weeks change up your routine. Your endurance should increase a lot. You won't put on much muscle running 3 times a week however a 2 mile run is actually more anerobic than aerobic is you're in any kind of shape. Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad you asked:

http://www.sealchallenge.navy.mil/workout.htm

The best; used to prepare for BUD/S (SEAL training). Starts out really easy though with category I. Be really careful with cat. II though, it is a joint killer and really easy to get injured on. I know cuz I've been doin it for about year now.

Good luck!
Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top