Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2001 8:27:55 AM EDT
14 year kid in critical condition after playing "Russian Roulette" with a "BB Gun".  Has a BB lodged in his head.

This one is in the Atlanta area.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2001 11:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

The joys of being a total idiot!  I swear we need to thin the herd.  Another world war outta do the trick.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 12:31:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I know this one guy in high school that shot himself too. He was screwing around one day thinking that his shoe (those cheapo Vans knock offs that kmart sold) would stop BB. So he gets out his daisy, gives it 10 pumps, rests the muzzle on the top of his foot and fires. Well the bb not only went through the shoe but lodged in his foot. HAHA!
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 1:40:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Remember the Red Ryder BB gun story... you'll shoot your eye out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 1:45:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Ya,  we were all young once but this kid (14) cannot be for real.  Are there rally people out there that are that ignorant???
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 2:44:55 AM EDT
[#5]
YES
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 3:01:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, I shot BBs at a LOT of stupid things when I was a kid, but never myself!  Well, I did catch a bunch of ricochets, but that doesn't quite count.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 3:08:08 AM EDT
[#7]
CalGat shot by BB gun!!! CalGat shoots friends with BB gun!!!!

Hey, too be young and stupid again. At least we only pumped twice in our BB wars.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 4:31:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

The joys of being a total idiot!  I swear we need to thin the herd.  Another world war outta do the trick.
View Quote

I used to work in a little 11 man machine shop. We brought in a new hire from the local highschool, big football lineman... great to help out with the bull work, and a real comedian to boot. One day I'm shooting some flat head #6 rivets with an 8X gun. The new hire is watching and getting some tips. I lay the gun down to adjust the work and he snatches it up, puts the set on his temple and pulls the trigger before I can react. He went down like he was pole axed. I was sliding in my own running around the bench to him, thought he was dead. When he came to he rubbed his temple and said "I thought it would just push." Freakin' donkey! I guess he thought those rivets collapsed under their own weight.

Anyway the point of this is: Idiots are a pretty tough breed. Thining the herd may be tougher than you think.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#9]
at least the kid didn't go on a rampage at school with it. [;D]
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh man, you've got to be some kind of stupid to put something to your head or your foot or any body part and intentionally pull the trigger.

DUHHH!  Can anyone say "Darwin Award Winner" candidate?

Now as for stupid?  I've let my buddy do a "one pump" and shoot me in the butt cheek with a Daisy BB gun.  Thing was seriously under powered but even with one pump that BB stung like a sonuvabitch when it smacked me in the ass.  I did a "spinner" as if I was a dog chasing my tail when that thing stung me.  Left a nice little mark too.  Having it hit me in a nice fleshy spot was certainly much better than having it hit me in a boney spot.  Was just one of those situations where you needed to know what it felt like, after all your buddy eggs you on by saying "common I've done it dozens of times."  I've also always wondered what it would feel like to the dog if I was tempted to do a one pump on the "shithound" that is always out fertilizing the sidewalk in front of my house for me.  No worries guys, no dogs harmed, but devil's advocate made me wonder what it would be like and made me think about doing it.  Now I'd rather just grab the dog and shave it with a set of my clippers, should drive the point home nicely.

I ended up giving my buddy that Daisy and he managed to make a nice "sawwed off" BB gun out of it, imagine a plastic stock that has been cut off behind the pistol grip and has had it's barrel chopped just ahead of the pivot point for the pump action stock.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top