BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2002 7:52:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't let anybody bring you anything until you order it off the menu.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I enjoy Jekyll and Hydes Restaurant    [url]http://www.jekyllpub.com/[/url],  prices are reasonable for Manhattan.

On the other hand "Smiths and Wollensky Steakhouse" 797 3rd ave, c/o 49 street is pricey but excellent food and service. Ooops forgot, your girfriend doesn't eat red meat, that poses a problem at a steakhouse [:D].
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Barrymore Theatre on West 47th
View Quote

You're in luck.  West 47th Street is also known as Restaurant Row and has MANY fine places to eat.  Pick any of the little places along there (depending on what type of food you like) and you will NOT be disappointed.  Took my fiancee along there a years ago when we saw Phantom of the Opera, and a good time, as they say, was had by all.

(Note I might be off by a block, if so, I apologize. I moved away from NYC 6 years ago.)
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 5:44:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Well since your going to be in Times Square anyway you will have no problem finding a good restaurant as there are about 200 in that area alone .

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:54:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:10:33 AM EDT
[#9]
As a former New Yorker, I'll tell you the place is noteworthy for it's over-priced, over-rated restaurants.

Chinatown and Little Italy are next to each other, easily accessible by subway or cab, by-and-large have authentic cuisine, and are easily the best restaurant value there.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:11:06 AM EDT
[#10]
[size=4]MAKE RESERVATIONS SOON![/size=4]
What do you like?
How much do you want to spend?
Do you want a meal that is better than the show you're seeing?

Here are a few in the area....
(*=personal favorites)

Amazing/perfect, but VERY expensive:

AQUAVIT*(high end Scandanavian food)
LE BERNARDIN
LA CARAVELLE
LA GRENOUILLE
MILOS*(Estiatorio Milos-the best, freshest fish)

Less expensive, yet excellent:

SHUN LEE PALACE
CHINA GRILL
CHIN CHIN
LE COLONIAL
SUSHISAY
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top