Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2002 11:08:09 PM EDT
[url]news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_1901000/1901721.stm[/url]
[img]news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1900000/images/_1901721_soldiers_bbc_300.jpg[/img]
Caption from the story: [i]Many women want to be able to fight[/i]

Yeah, and I want to be able to fly by flapping my arms, but we should all just face and accept the reality, huh honey?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:13:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea, but them are British Broads, they fight better then alot of the men over there.  BTW, the middle one has a nice rack on her[;)]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:16:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:01:46 AM EDT
[#4]
My wife and I have discussed this many times, and one thing never changes.  Being a man raised in the south, I was raised to believe that men defended women, and did everything they could to remove them from harms way.  It would be hard enough for me to keep my own ass alive without having to worry about protecting a lady too.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:14:56 AM EDT
[#5]
What are we going to do when our Commander and Chief is a female?
It will happen in our lifetimes.

F*ck it, give'em a rifle and some ammo.

It is the male soldiers problem if they cannot perform their duties.

At one time there was a discussion just like this one about handing black people a rifle.

The White male society is dead.

The Male dominated society is on life support.

The uni-sex, uni-race society is a strong and thriving toddler.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:33:06 AM EDT
[#6]
[img]news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1900000/images/_1901721_soldiers_bbc_300.jpg[/img]

I wouldn't mind being stuck in a foxhole with the foreground one on the left. Prissy Brit or not.
[sex]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:55:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Spoken like a man who never had to erect one GP tent for his squad, then another for the females in his unit because they were too weak to lift the tent itself, let alone the heavy wooden center beam. Or like a man who never dug a cathole, then got ordered to dig another separate one for the females, and to put up a few ponchos around it so they're not embarrassed when they have to pee. Or like a man who never started out on a hump carrying a 50 pound ruck, his rifle, extra ammo for the M-60 and a radio but still ended up carrying another rifle or the M-60 tripod when the females dropped out a mile into the hump. Or like a man who never had to ensure he had another Marine in the room when he counseled a female because she was known to burst into tears and make allgations of an improper sexual nature against any male Sergeant that was alone in the same room with her. Or like a man who never had to bust his ass to keep his PFT score up high by working out on his own and running hard and constantly, but saw females allowed to take the PFT over and over until they got not only a passing score, but a high score, because females failing a PFT gets high-powered negative attention focused on commanders.

Shall I go on?
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#8]
In the immortal words of the inimitable Senior Drill Instructor Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann:

[b]"It's my job to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps!"[/b]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:05:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Spoken like a man who never had to erect one GP tent for his squad, then another for the females in his unit because they were too weak to lift the tent itself, let alone the heavy wooden center beam. Or like a man who never dug a cathole, then got ordered to dig another separate one for the females, and to put up a few ponchos around it so they're not embarrassed when they have to pee. Or like a man who never started out on a hump carrying a 50 pound ruck, his rifle, extra ammo for the M-60 and a radio but still ended up carrying another rifle or the M-60 tripod when the females dropped out a mile into the hump. Or like a man who never had to ensure he had another Marine in the room when he counseled a female because she was known to burst into tears and make allgations of an improper sexual nature against any male Sergeant that was alone in the same room with her. Or like a man who never had to bust his ass to keep his PFT score up high by working out on his own and running hard and constantly, but saw females allowed to take the PFT over and over until they got not only a passing score, but a high score, because females failing a PFT gets high-powered negative attention focused on commanders.

Shall I go on?
View Quote

100% right on, Jarhead.
My platoon was forced to accept females from a local support battalion on our monthly, high speed marches (5 miles).  Within 5 minutes of starting, the females were dropping off their gear on the other soldiers.  By the end of the run, the females weren't even wearing their LBE.

Here's the kicker:  The rule is that time doesn't stop until the LAST person crosses the line.  As we neared the line, one of the females (the worst) started grabbing up her gear from the guys who were carrying it.  She put her shit on, and sprinted TO THE HEAD OF THE LINE!  WTF, over?

The military needs women in non-combat roles, and they perform well at those.  How's the old quote go:
"Any system which forces the sexes to perform the same job at different standards, only serves to shortchange one and victimize the other."
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:08:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:44:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I love how they are all pointing their rifles at their buddy on their left.

Which rule stae "Never point a firearm at anything you do not wish to destroy?"

TheRedGoat

PS.  Jarhead, I thought you were a Marine?  These last couple of posts have been intelligent.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Jarhead, I thought you were a Marine?  These last couple of posts have been intelligent.  
View Quote

Yo money, why you gotta dis me like dat? You just a playa hata is all.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Do they have special instructions during formations, like "Fall IN!  Tits FOR'ARD!  INhale!"?? [:D]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Look, you guys are overlooking the obvious effectiveness of the female infantryman, er infantrywoman.  All she has to do is shake her rack, and the enemy soldier will be distracted long enough that she can casually squeeze off a shot and take him out.

Of course, this would not work in areas such as Afghanistan, where the enemy prefer sheep. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Look, you guys are overlooking the obvious effectiveness of the female infantryman, er infantrywoman.  All she has to do is shake her rack, and the enemy soldier will be distracted long enough that she can casually squeeze off a shot and take him out.

Of course, this would not work in areas such as Afghanistan, where the enemy prefer sheep. [rolleyes]
View Quote

Of course you were joking.  Anyone think the enemy (say VC or Kmer Rouge) would really hesitate to shoot them?
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#16]
[url]http://www.fredoneverything.net/MilMed.html[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top