Posted: 3/29/2002 5:19:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like its time to get a new friend
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Try a clean cloth and toothpaste. Just put some toothpaste on the scratches and rub it in real hard. The toothpaste will act as a mild abrasive but will not harm the data on the CD. It works wonders for my scratched CD's

P.S. It will only remove small scratches, not gouges...
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:34:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Come on! How many friendships would you trash over $45.00. I've loaned friends things that didn't come back in the same condition and I've borrowed things from friends that didn't go back in the same condition. Sh*t happens. I've always offered to make good on them and if they decline then it's chalked up to the price of having friends. I have never insisted that a friend make good on damage to a loaned item, that's the risk of being a loaner. If the friend is close enough that I would loan my stuff to him then I am willing to write off any damage. Now if the BrodowskiTJ described the borrower as someone less than a friend I'd say that he should insist on restitution.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#5]
use plastic polish for aircraft windows.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I personally feel that If I were to borrow something from a friend, they will get that item in the same OR better condition as when received. (that's what my daddy taught me, and I believe it to be good practice)
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:17:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Come on! How many friendships would you trash over $45.00. I've loaned friends things that didn't come back in the same condition and I've borrowed things from friends that didn't go back in the same condition. Sh*t happens. I've always offered to make good on them and if they decline then it's chalked up to the price of having friends. I have never insisted that a friend make good on damage to a loaned item, that's the risk of being a loaner. If the friend is close enough that I would loan my stuff to him then I am willing to write off any damage. Now if the BrodowskiTJ described the borrower as someone less than a friend I'd say that he should insist on restitution.  
View Quote

Can I borrow your AR this weekend?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Try a clean cloth and toothpaste. Just put some toothpaste on the scratches and rub it in real hard. The toothpaste will act as a mild abrasive but will not harm the data on the CD. It works wonders for my scratched CD's

P.S. It will only remove small scratches, not gouges...
View Quote

I have heard that too, works on cd's, probably would be worth a try on dvds tool.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, I've done the toothpaste trick too, and it works. Toothpaste, not just for breakfast anymore. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top