Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/5/2010 11:02:10 AM EDT
The little old lady next door sold her house and is moving out today. Her family showed up EARLY this morning to help her move all the stuff out of the house. Since they have a bunch of young kids running around, I figured I'd better keep my dogs inside the house.

I have a completely fenced back yard, so that I can let my dogs out to do their business and keep them on my property. But as a courtesy to the people moving, I figured I'd keep the dogs inside so that they wouldn't have to be barked at all day while they worked.

Well, I go out on the porch around 10:00 to have a smoke, and I notice that someone has parked in my driveway, blocking in my wife's car. Now, it's not really that big of a deal, since we didn't plan to go anywhere, and my car is on the other side of the house so we could leave if we wanted to. (Or we could just ask them to move out of the driveway.) But I thought it was a little rude and inconsiderate to block us in without first asking if they could park there. Mind you, this isn't on the street, the parked completely in our driveway.

So, around noon the sounds of moving cease, so I figure they are done and I let my dogs out because they have been holding it for quite some time now. I go outside to keep an eye on them and have another smoke, and they are still there, just taking a lunch break.

Well, of course the dogs run up to the fence and bark, as dogs are wont to do. So one of the little kids 4 or 5 years old, I guess, says "That dog's mean!" Then he picks up a piece of concrete lying in the neighbor's yard about the size of a hamburger patty and throws it over the fence into my yard at my dog. He missed, fortunately.

What really bothers me is that his family was right there and watched the whole thing. So, as the little piece of shit hunts for another rock, I say "NO!" to the kid, and round up my dogs back in the house, before they have a chance to do their business.

Now, I know how people feel about their kids (I have one of my own now), so I also know that there is no use getting into a confrontation on a Saturday afternoon about some little fucking piece of shit (possible anchor baby) kid who threw a rock at my dog and missed. No real harm done, just that it FUCKING PISSES ME OFF that people have so little respect for others that they don't even recognize that what their kid did was wrong, and made no effort to correct it.

But then, what would you expect from people that don't even have the common courtesy to ask permission before blocking you in your own driveway.

Fucking uncivilized animals.

[/rant]

ETA:

Pics of dog and rock.

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#1]
first?
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I would have let my dogs finish and would have thrown the rock back over the fence. If they had a problem then they could have came over and "talked" to me about it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:10:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Throw the rock back over at the kid?
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:10:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Go piss in their gas tank.

Yeah, can't stand inconsiderate people.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I would have let my dogs finish and would have thrown the rock back over the fence. If they had a problem then they could have came over and "talked" to me about it.

I carry everywhere, even at home. I'm not going to escalate any confrontation while I'm carrying that could end up with me having to fight to retain my gun.

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#6]
WTF is it with gun owners on this forum... thinking they can just relax on their property and not have to deal with the scurge of society...
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#7]
After that I would have asked them to remove their car from my driveway, and threw the rock back over the fence
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Pick up the rock and throw it back .....

Who know where it might land.......
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I carry everywhere, even at home. I'm not going to escalate any confrontation while I'm carrying that could end up with me having to fight to retain my gun.

Everybody is different. I would have let my dogs finish and would have thrown the rock back over the fence. If they had a problem then they could have came over and "talked" to me about it.

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Release the brake on their car in the driveway and push it out as hard as you can.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:12:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Have their car towed off of your property.

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Call tow company and have their car towed. Or time to mow yard, first be sure to throw a few rocks right beside their car and if the lawn mower sends one through the windshield, oh well, shit happens...
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I would have said something to the parents. They are ultimatly responsible for their kids actions.I would have given them a piece of my mind.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Tow the car

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd find out where the old bat is moving to and salt her new lawn.  Well, I would think about doing it and that would entertain me.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:19:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Here we go...
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Children should not be allowed out in public. I hate seeing these little rats running around.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Call towing company and have their vehicle towed.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I'd find out where the old bat is moving to and salt her new lawn.  Well, I would think about doing it and that would entertain me.

Well, the problem is we were friends with the old lady. I used to shovel her driveway in the winter and all. She was always very nice. It's her fucking grandkids and great grandkids that are the problem.

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Throw the rock at the car in your driveway.  

ETA - not really.

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:25:19 AM EDT
[#24]
put a bunch of roofing nails around their car?
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#25]

Say " that kids mean!" and throw a rock at him!

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#26]

I have no use for kids, or irresponsible parents..

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Love the towing idea.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Carefully place the rock on the hood of the car in your driveway and block their exit with your other car. This will require at least one more nice interaction with them. Sometimes escalation is the only way to say goodbye to someone who is moving out...

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The little old lady next door sold her house and is moving out today. Her family showed up EARLY this morning to help her move all the stuff out of the house. Since they have a bunch of young kids running around, I figured I'd better keep my dogs inside the house.

I have a completely fenced back yard, so that I can let my dogs out to do their business and keep them on my property. But as a courtesy to the people moving, I figured I'd keep the dogs inside so that they wouldn't have to be barked at all day while they worked.

Well, I go out on the porch around 10:00 to have a smoke, and I notice that someone has parked in my driveway, blocking in my wife's car. Now, it's not really that big of a deal, since we didn't plan to go anywhere, and my car is on the other side of the house so we could leave if we wanted to. (Or we could just ask them to move out of the driveway.) But I thought it was a little rude and inconsiderate to block us in without first asking if they could park there. Mind you, this isn't on the street, the parked completely in our driveway.

So, around noon the sounds of moving cease, so I figure they are done and I let my dogs out because they have been holding it for quite some time now. I go outside to keep an eye on them and have another smoke, and they are still there, just taking a lunch break.

Well, of course the dogs run up to the fence and bark, as dogs are wont to do. So one of the little kids 4 or 5 years old, I guess, says "That dog's mean!" Then he picks up a piece of concrete lying in the neighbor's yard about the size of a hamburger patty and throws it over the fence into my yard at my dog. He missed, fortunately.

What really bothers me is that his family was right there and watched the whole thing. So, as the little piece of shit hunts for another rock, I say "NO!" to the kid, and round up my dogs back in the house, before they have a chance to do their business.

Now, I know how people feel about their kids (I have one of my own now), so I also know that there is no use getting into a confrontation on a Saturday afternoon about some little fucking piece of shit (possible anchor baby) kid who threw a rock at my dog and missed. No real harm done, just that it FUCKING PISSES ME OFF that people have so little respect for others that they don't even recognize that what their kid did was wrong, and made no effort to correct it.

But then, what would you expect from people that don't even have the common courtesy to ask permission before blocking you in your own driveway.

[/rant]

TOTAL BULLSHIT...unless you're cool with your neighbors...moving or not.

He deserved to have it thrown at his head...and if he's too young should have thrown it at the parents head instead....fucking scumbags

If they're still there block those fuckers in your driveway and then get the retards towed
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#30]
I would have immediately called to have that car towed.  Cars parked on private property without permission can be towed instantly, and the owner of the car will have to pay the tow company to get it back.

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Pick the rock up and throw it at the car.....
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#32]
If the kids old enough/strong enough to heave a fucking hamburger sized piece of concrete over a fence, he's old enough to probably know better.
End result would of been you not saying anything, letting your dogs finish, then tossing the piece of concrete back over the fence, to where it originated.

If people want to play inconsiderate asshole, I can play the same. On a side note, I play the inconsiderate asshole probably better than they ever wished they could.

After this played out, I would ask them to remove their car from my driveway.

ETA: Or you could just walk over and ICE! all of them.
Yes.... I am now officially trolling.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pick up the rock and throw it back .....

Who know where it might land.......
Windshield of their car in the driveway.

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#34]
My neighbors kids are notorious for poking dogs with sticks through the fence. I then caught the oldest boy shooting my fence with his pellet gun. I asked him what he was shooting and he pointed at the fence. I asked him politely to not shoot my direction as I don't want my dog or windows shot. If he shoots my dog I'll break his pellet gun on a tree and have a talk with his fat momma.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Take their lug nuts.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Throw the rock back and have the car towed.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Why the fuck would you tolerate someone not visiting you parking in your driveway?  Promptly tell them to move it or you will call a tow truck.  I'd say go have words with the parents over the dog incident but I doubt it is anything other than a waste of time given the driveway situation.  The parents are probably trailer park trash and the kids future felons.

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#38]
They are all gone now.

No harm done (only because the kid missed) and it's not worth the hassle of making a big deal out of it. But it does piss me off that people refuse to discipline their little shits. In any case, I'll never have to see them again because the house has been sold.
Hopefully the new neighbors will be a better sort.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#39]
call tow company and have vehicle removed?
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Instead of running to the internet to whine about it I would have said something to the actual people.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

[/rant]

ETA:

Pics of dog and rock.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/Bloencustoms/P5130083.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/Bloencustoms/P6050158.jpg

Well, it serves you right. You no good racist! You're Aztlan, gringo!

Cute doggie.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#42]
You should take a big steamy dump on the hood of the car in your driveway.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#43]
I would of thrown the rock back at the little bastard if they threw it at my dogs.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Hilarious pic of dog.  Somebody will caption that before long.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Well, when you have a pitbull like that, what do you expect?

I woulda thrown the rock right back at the damn kid.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Cute dog.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Instead of running to the internet to whine about it I would have said something to the actual people.

There's always one.

And what would you have said to the 6 guys, 4 women and 4 children? "Control your kid"?

What if they "got in your face" and started threatening violence? What then? Would you take on 6 guys all by yourself, or would you go inside and call the cops?

You see, I don't want that kind of bullshit on a Saturday afternoon. The kid missed the dog, and no real harm was done. But there are a lot of tough guys who think I should go out and do what exactly? Start a fistfight over it?

I thought this would be an entertaining thread, and a way for me to blow off steam without having to ruin my whole weekend by starting some confrontation with a crowd of people outside my house.

I appreciate your opinion of what YOU would do, but if this isn't just internet bravado on your part, I suspect you will probably have a lot of "the man" in your life.

I'd rather "whine" about it here on the internet than escalate it to a yelling match or physical fight and have the cops called, etc. Now if my dog had actually been harmed, then I'd call the cops and then sue them. I'm sure most of the cops on this forum would advise you not to take matters into your own hands. YMMV

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 1:28:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Few things truly piss me off.... messing with my dog is one of those things.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

There's always one.

And what would you have said to the 6 guys, 4 women and 4 children? "Control your kid"?

What if they "got in your face" and started threatening violence? What then? Would you take on 6 guys all by yourself, or would you go inside and call the cops?

You see, I don't want that kind of bullshit on a Saturday afternoon. The kid missed the dog, and no real harm was done. But there are a lot of tough guys who think I should go out and do what exactly? Start a fistfight over it?

I thought this would be an entertaining thread, and a way for me to blow off steam without having to ruin my whole weekend by starting some confrontation with a crowd of people outside my house.

I appreciate your opinion of what YOU would do, but if this isn't just internet bravado on your part, I suspect you will probably have a lot of "the man" in your life.

I'd rather "whine" about it here on the internet than escalate it to a yelling match or physical fight and have the cops called, etc. Now if my dog had actually been harmed, then I'd call the cops and then sue them. I'm sure most of the cops on this forum would advise you not to take matters into your own hands. YMMV

You could have asked them "Does the car in my driveway belong to the parents of the child that just threw a rock at MY dog in MY yard, or someone else?"
Then advised whomever answered that you were considering having it towed as it is illegally on your property, and had no idea who's it was, but won't now that you know who it belongs to.
This would address the two seperate incidents, without making any threats.
If anyone showed hostility you could have walked back inside.

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 1:42:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Should have thrown the rock at their car!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top