Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2001 7:04:35 AM EDT
I cannot find any helpful info on the model 1200 and 1201 shotguns. I want to know the differences between the two, are they still being produced? I already know they are good guns but some more info would be really helpful. Thanks in advance for any help.

Crosshairs
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 8:42:44 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Look further down in the General Discussion board for a thread on Beretta 1201FP Shotguns.  I posted some info there.
The 1201FP is an improved 1200, with increased capacity and larger 3" chamber.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 5:56:11 AM EDT
[#3]
anyone else??
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Used to own a Beretta 1201, really nice shooting shotgun, only problem for me was that the stock design was not comfortable to shoot. Nice if not better than a Benelli. Choate makes a pistolgrip stock for the 1201. I currently have a Remington 11/87 SP with all the goodies, being gas operated, it's a real pussycat to shoot, even with the 3" slugs, though much heavier than the Beretta.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually the Beretta & Benelli (known as the H&K) are pretty much one and the same. The main difference is that the H&K model's barrel, mag tube are different, in that the Beretta is longer and can not be extended, but the H&K can be extended. The H&K bbl and mag tube setup will fit the Beretta.

In the hands of a pro these shotguns can fire so fast, that before the first empty shell casing hits the deck the weapon can be emptied of seven rounds.

Use 00 or 000 buck and it makes for overwhelming firepower, but beware, while these weapons do function flawlessly with all loads and without any gas system or adjustments, they kick like a mule. This can be reduced with accessories from Brownells in Iowa.

Teflon the weapon, use the stainless recoil system, and you have a weapon that will last many generations, under the most adverse conditions, and function flawlessly too!

NOTE The barrel bore, carrier, and bolt are hard chromed already!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top