Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2002 11:20:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't move to cali so I guess I say move out of the state to all that are unhappy.  It really is a lost cause.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]
i wonder when and if the gun owners of america will revolt due to the constitution being changed and our freedoms being taken from us.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:47:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Bend over [:O]

Lube up [BD]

Try to relax [;D]

Charlie
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:50:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Get out ... CA is a lost cause.  Move to a free state (you're welcome to join us down here in Florida) and make that state's position stronger.

In general the pro-gun conservative crowd needs to concentrate on solidifying it's position capturing as many states as possible and thereby getting as many senate and house votes as possible.  NY and CA are lost, but they are not insurmountable.

From the Federal level we can influence a great deal about how firearms are viewed and what laws are available for states to mimic.  With enough swing to the right at the federal level we could even hope to bring CA and NY back into the fold.

We're not giving up we are just making tactical decisions in a war of rights!

Ryan
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Get out ... CA is a lost cause.  Move to a free state (you're welcome to join us down here in Florida) and make that state's position stronger.
View Quote

ya but texas position is just as strong, except we dont have to recount everything.  just kidding, florida rocks!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#7]
We can do our best to get Bill Simon into the governor's office, and push the state Republican apperatus into growing a spine and two testicles and actually WANT to win an election or two for a change.  Pete Wilson, George Dukemajin and Ronald Reagan have done it.  This will at least stop the flood of stupid laws, that when those idiots know their bills will never get signed, they will stop.

And for those who kept saying "Move", when all guns are eliminated from California, will you be the least surprised if there's yet another "assult weapon massacre" in, say, Colorado (just to remind people of "Columbine"), or maybe full auto shoot-out in Arizona, North Hollywood style.  You can bet your freedom will get cut a few notches.  When Texas, the last state of the Union to allow .22 single shot finally put an end to that, where do you plan to move to?  Remember, within living memory, California was once as free as where you are now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Bail out.  I did, no regrets.

Just need to convince dad to send me all the AWs for safekeeping.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Just my thought.....

Cost of living is high.  Air is polluted.  Ocean is contaminated.  Bad traffic jam.  Gun laws suck. Easiest choice would be to move to another state.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Boy, I hope that careening asteroid smashes into Oakland first.  Immediately taking out that POS Perata and his bullet taxing cronies.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#11]
There is not much hope politically speaking. The Republicans folded on the re-apportionment bill. Now that the Democrats have redrawn all of the Calif. senatorial and representive districts to their advantage. The Republicans could have voted against it, and that would have thrown the reapportionment in the courts, which would have redrawn them more equibily. Its every man for himself in the Calif. legislature, and the conservatives be damned.

The gunners are also blame for this mess, I spoke with many gunners and the reply was "I don't do politics!"

So stay tuned to see what happens next because things are going to get real interesting.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#12]
About 2 years ago, some folks in California started an initiative drive to insert an RKBA provision into California's constitution.  The language of the proposed provision was quite strong and can be seen today at:

http://[url]www.reasonableguncontrol.org[/url]

Despite using only volunteers, and with no support from the NRA, the drive came very close to getting on the ballot, falling short of the reqd. 650,000 signatures by only 100,000.

There has been talk about repeating the drive.  It was first organized by Geoff Metcalf and gang.  Maybe you can ask around and find out what is going on.

My thoughts on the initiative are:
The constitutional language is strong and would severely curtail future gun control as well as roll back some of the present laws.
The language is such that most voters would have some sympathy for it.
This campaign would help give a boost to Bill Simon.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#13]
More info on the California RKBA initiative:

http://[url]www.saveourguns.com/metcalf00001.htm[/url]

Though I live in Texas, I am interested in supporting Californians in this battle.  But they have to be leading it!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Apathy is our worst enemy. When we quit giving a sh!t ("I don't do politics"), then we ALL lose!! I can't believe a firearms enthusiast would actually say that, but then again - I've met quite a few who have the mentality that - 'others will save my guns', or 'the government can't do that'. These people need to get their head outa their ass and wake up to the FACT  that the Brady bunch will do anything to strip the Second Amendment from the Constitution - so what's next - the First??? What part of the Bill of Rights they don't agree with will they decide to ignore, or try to abolish. Then what??? Oh yeah - it's already started - the so called 'campaign finance "reform" bill'!! No political ads (ie - free speech) aimed at corrupt politicians wanting to deny you more rights (aka - the Feinstein's, Kennedy's and Schumer's - don't forget the Brady bunch). OK - rant mode off. It just irks me that people will run away from a confrontation on our RIGHTS!!!

WAKE UP !!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I am almost on the verge of seeing Kalifornia as a lost cause.  BUT - if we pull out, the KSSR needs to be cut off as we do so, and let this festering cesspit sink in its own shit.

I suppose it is possible for the current leftist trends here in the KSSR to be reversed, but it will take far more local support than we have.  You are also correct about our apathy being the left's greatest weapon.  

My take - "I DIDN'T do politics" - until I finally found it necessary to get involved.  I tend to prefer the sort of dirty infighting that leaves your opponent a cooling corpse, but that's just me.  I'd prefer to go in and make legislation with bricks than with bills - and we'd do away with a lot of deadwood in the Legislature.

We can't.

So, what now?  Education?  I do what I can, but the maxim holds that "you can lead a man to knowledge but you can't make him think."  So true.  Education here in KSSR is an act of pure Pollyanna optimism, but I keep trying.  I also lean on my own student (I'm an instructor) to do much the same.  Don't work with rhetoric.  Working with statistics can help - but the biggest thing that I have found to help in dealing with these Liberal fools is to simply remain calm while they shout themselves into insensity (is that a word?) and let everyone around see the difference in emotional stability.  It has worked before - and even if you don't convert the Liberal shouting at you, a calm demeanour can work on any fence-sitters that may be watching...

Talk to women.  Talk calmly to women with children - appeal to their maternal instinct.  Teach them that they can protect their children FAR better than the police or the state can - they have to get there first (you are already there!) and you can start a convert.  Most of my converts have, in fact, been parents.  Parenting instincts are quite strong...

I'll have to ruminate on some of my other "conversion" methods - they have nearly become second nature to me.  

FFZ
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#16]
At this point, moving is not an option for me (dealing with out-of-state tuition is pretty much like PinePig's comment "Bend over, lube up, try to relax.")  However, in the future, when I graduate, I'll be examining that option quite seriously.  Until then, I try my best to stay current on political issues, vote, and convert as many people as I can (2-3 so far, working on more).
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We can do our best to get Bill Simon into the governor's office, and push the state Republican apperatus into growing a spine and two testicles and actually WANT to win an election or two for a change.  Pete Wilson, George Dukemajin and Ronald Reagan have done it.  This will at least stop the flood of stupid laws, that when those idiots know their bills will never get signed, they will stop.

View Quote

Hmm. Let's see.

Pete Wilson: Signed into law SB146 that prevents Chiefs of Police from issuing CCW's to anyone outside their city, thus insuring that conceal weapons permits continue to be given to the rich and politically connected.

George Deukmejian: Signed into law the roberti-roos bill, the nation's first "assault weapon" ban.

Ronald Reagan: Banned the import foreign made "assault weapons".

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm all about revolution. I don't believe it is possible to change Cali or this country through our corrupt system. The only way to fix these problems is to get rid of all of our politicians (and a good portion of the liberal populace) and make the constitution absolute. No laws that in any way infring on the rights granted by the constiution.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 4:33:14 AM EDT
[#19]
wow! some good comments here and none of the why don't you leave us alone whines.
hey we know that ca. is the area alot of other states are watching because they want to streamline the prcess to take your guns away.
I remember the law that came up for for back in the 80's that wanted to get rid of handguns, guess what it lost big at the polls!
so they realized that they had to chip away at it a little at a time and is it working? HELL YES.
well they are a little smarter now as they use the ideals that they can reach alot of folks with the ideals like this:
#1 why would anyone need more than 1 handgun a month?

#2 what the heck do you want with a 30 round mag when you don't need it to hunt.

#3 lets get rid of saturday night specials who needs them but robbers.

I can go on but you get the ideal.
everytime I go to that state to visit my dad I give it finger when I leave and go into nv. man its like getting freedom everytime I leave.

good luck and dang what happened to it falling off in the ocean. its the only thing that I wanted to come true from edgar casey. come on fall!
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:46:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Apathy is our worst enemy. When we quit giving a sh!t ("I don't do politics"), then we ALL lose!! I can't believe a firearms enthusiast would actually say that, but then again - I've met quite a few who have the mentality that - 'others will save my guns', or 'the government can't do that'. These people need to get their head outa their ass and wake up to the FACT  that the Brady bunch will do anything to strip the Second Amendment from the Constitution - so what's next - the First??? What part of the Bill of Rights they don't agree with will they decide to ignore, or try to abolish. Then what??? Oh yeah - it's already started - the so called 'campaign finance "reform" bill'!! No political ads (ie - free speech) aimed at corrupt politicians wanting to deny you more rights (aka - the Feinstein's, Kennedy's and Schumer's - don't forget the Brady bunch). OK - rant mode off. It just irks me that people will run away from a confrontation on our RIGHTS!!!

WAKE UP !!!!!!!
View Quote

I'd elaoborate on this but you hit the nail on the head - so I don't need to.
Besides, I'm already riled up and it's early yet...
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#22]
None of the above.....

Gun owners get off your ass and go vote to change things.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Of course, your legislator who wants to tax bullets has a concealed carry permit.

http://www.nrawinningteam.com/calnra/perata/perata.html
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:37:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Imbro -
 Can Reagan be fully blamed for the Foreign AW ban?  Seems to me it was actually the Hughes Amendment to the FOPA, and was added by voice vote at the very last minute...

I'm not sure Reagan found out it was there in time, and may not have actually signed the FOPA if he knew it HAD been added...

Of course, my recall for things political is often imperfect....

FFZ
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:42:29 PM EDT
[#25]
No one has mentioned that KABA { http://www.keepandbeararms.com/ }

Has a Petition going.

"Petition for Enforcement of the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States"

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/petition/

It is designed to attack the un-constitional laws in cali.

READ IT...  NOW !!

Link Posted: 3/31/2002 1:13:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 5:56:16 AM EDT
[#27]
I agree with many of the post here...

Something has [b]GOT[/b] to happen, one way or another!
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 6:43:10 AM EDT
[#28]
i am surprised that noone thaught of useing there laws against them.

as stated in my "brady buys a gun" thread the bragy act prevents anyone who has a restraining order on them from buying a firearm.

so i say every gun owner files a restraining order against all those anti freedom hippocrites.

then when they want to get one themselves, they can't. and maby they will have to turn in the firearms they already have. (if we raise enough of stink about it.)

just an idea.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 6:46:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No one has mentioned that KABA { http://www.keepandbeararms.com/ }

Has a Petition going.

"Petition for Enforcement of the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States"

[url]http://www.keepandbeararms.com/petition/[/url]

It is designed to attack the un-constitional laws in cali.

READ IT...  NOW !!

View Quote

Thanks for posting that. Maybe you'll have more luck than I did. I posted that petition [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=88458]here[/url] over two months ago and it got a whopping 50 reads and [b]ZERO[/b] replies. [rolleyes]
View Quote

i belive i had similar results [url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=91959]here[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top