Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2002 11:17:33 AM EDT
The lady who lives behind me just rang my doorbell and informed me that a neighbor's dog was in trouble in his backyard.  When I got there, the dog was hanging by a cable from the satellite dish, clearly dead.  WTF?  Both ends of the cable were attached to the dog's collar, and the cable was looped over the satellite dish on his one-story roof.  They left that dog (and another dog) out in the rain with about 4 feet of rope/leash with NO COVER.  The cable was twisted around and around, and there was blood on the dog's mouth and sharp strands of the cable.  It looks like the dog twisted the cable tight and was biteing at it.

I took the little dog into my garage and dried it out.  It's lying in front of my garage space heater right now, and looks OK (but cold and scared).  The larger dog (Shepard-mix) is still hanging.  I'd cut it down, but I'm waiting for police/animal control to come take a look.  This neighbor neglects his animals and I've told him so.  Now one's dead and I want him to explain it to the authorities.

Keep you posted.  This pisses me off.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:19:52 AM EDT
[#1]
what happend to animal rights????
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#4]
My wife's a vet, and I could tell you horror stories about animal abuse.  I have absolutely no time for people who neglect or otherwise abuse domesticated animals.

Call your local SPCA.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:38:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Please go over there and kick the living shit out of this person!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#7]
[chainsaw]

drop me an email and I'll drive over and help you...

assholes.

[pistol]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:09:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Please go over there and kick the living shit out of this person!
View Quote

then hang him up next to the poor unfortunate dog.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:14:02 PM EDT
[#9]
The neighbor just came home.  Somebody called him at work.  Anyway, when he gets out of his car, I point at him and do the little "come here" curly finger-thing.  You know what I mean.

So I'm standing in my garage drying out the little dog, and I say to him "You might not want to go back there."  He says he's already heard.

Then, he asks me why I didn't take him down and I said:  "YOU hung him, YOU cut him down."  Then his friend comes over and they start debating about wether to get him down.  I tell them that two people can easily get the dog down (one to support/lift dog, the other to unhook the cable).  The owner says he can't bear to see the dog like that, so they call the local Fire Department on a cell phone.  Pussies.

Here's the kicker:  The dog was hanging right in front of his sliding glass door!  So his girlfriend's daughter goes into the house and sees this dog hanging right in front of her.  Then she comes over crying and gets the little dog (which is hers).

From what the guy says, the girlfriend didn't want either dog in the house (neat freak), so he had to leave them outside.  But, he didn't want the dog running around the yard (WTF, over.), so he gives them just enough rope (to hang himself) to stay on the concrete pad.  He said he didn't think it would rain.

I bet the dog is still hanging there.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Dear God,
Please give us one amnesty day so we can take out the garbage.
Thanks,
Bo[;)]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Just one day, please!

(Cat owners, shut the fuck up, for once.)
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#12]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/GovtThug%2FFluffy1%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Animal Control just came by and cut the dog down and took him away.  This might be a good thing (vs the owner doing it himself), because now there's a WITNESS.  I almost got a video of it on my Sony digital, but I figured that would be too ghoulish.  Anyway, I saw the Animal Control guy and figured he'd have a plan.

Anyway, "Chandler" is no longer shitting in my yard.  I'm not sure which is the worse crime; Neglecting his dog or naming it "Chandler."  WTF?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:05:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/GovtThug%2FFluffy1%2Ejpg[/img]
View Quote

what did you feed it?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Tell the kids the pinata's here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:06:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Since animals have no rights, this POS will probably get off with a $25.00 fine and maybe 100 hours of community service.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Since animals have no rights, this POS will probably get off with a $25.00 fine and maybe 100 hours of community service.
View Quote

I'm willing to bet he gets off with nothing.  He'll call it an unforseen accident.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Nothing pisses me off more than an irresponsible pet owner.  Sounds like these could use a good asskicking.  The only other thing that really pisses me off are people that make jokes about cats.  I have 3 dogs and 3 cats and those 6 animals are worth more in my estimation than 95 percent of the scum on this planet who call themselves human beings.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:34:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a shame and maybe a crime.  The owner has much to answer for.

Still, if it were a cat, some would laugh.
View Quote

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Oh, wait, you said [b]if[/b].  

As long as it's man's best friend---->[pissed]
View Quote

LOL EXACTLY!!!  

I feel sorry for the dog, I really, really do.  But accidents happen.  And lets remember that it is still a dog and the owners property.  He wasn't cruel IMHO.  He fed it and kept it secured in the back yard.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#23]
dude, if that was intentional, that is one of the MOST FUCKED UP THINGS I HAVE EVER HEARD.WHAT KIND OF FUCKED UP PSYCOPATH DIPSHIT WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT?
cats, i can understand.
when you domesticate an animal, you make that animal dependant on you for food, shelter, etc., by removing their ability to provide for themselves (kinda like affirmative action) making it it your responsibility.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Nothing pisses me off more than an irresponsible pet owner.
View Quote

I agree 100%, most people don't realize how much work a pet is, especially a dog.  However, they are still just a dog and our a big differance between them and even the lowest human being.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:16:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I agree 100%, most people don't realize how much work a pet is, especially a dog.  However, they are still just a dog and our a big differance between them and even the lowest human being.

Sgtar15
View Quote

Yes the lowest human beings are not worthy of being fed or groomed. My dogs are.

On the "Not as good as my dogs" list:

Charles Manson
The Country of Somalia
Anyone who thinks their kid looks cute dressed as a suicide bomber
Crips
Bloods
Anyone stupid enough to join the Manson Family
Patty Hearst
Jane Fonda
Ted Bundy
Richard Ramirez
Danny Rollins
Carla Faye Tucker
Those dykes who made a deaf kid on purpose
Anyone who joins a group that ends with "...Liberation Army" or "...Peoples Army"
and too many others to list.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Nothing pisses me off more than an irresponsible pet owner.  Sounds like these could use a good asskicking.  The only other thing that really pisses me off are people that make jokes about cats.  I have 3 dogs and 3 cats and those 6 animals are worth more in my estimation than 95 percent of the scum on this planet who call themselves human beings.
View Quote

Indeed! Animals are WAY more loyal than humans.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Steyr,  I stand corrected.  Your list has proven me wrong.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Steyr,  I stand corrected.  Your list has proven me wrong.

Sgtar15
View Quote

Don't worry cats also rank above those Aholes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

when you domesticate an animal, you make that animal dependant on you for food, shelter, etc., by removing their ability to provide for themselves (kinda like affirmative action) making it it your responsibility.
View Quote

In spite of all the spelling and grammatical errors this is an absolute truism.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 10:57:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Why do so many people hate cats?  I like them just fine.  Hell, I like cats and dogs better than most people!  
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#31]
When I was in high school, a friend of mine had a Pit Bull. He kept is in a large side yard that had a chain link fence. He had to keep a chain on the dog, because it would jump the fence and might possibly tear up one on the neighbor kids. One day he went out to feed it and found it hanging by the chain, which had got wrapped around the top of one of the poles for the fence. No telling how long it had been there, but it was dead as could be.

People need to be very aware of what can happen when a chain or leash is left attached to a dog collar.

Gary
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#32]
SteyrAUG,

You forgot to add Bill and Hillary to your list.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Why do so many people hate cats?  I like them just fine.  Hell, I like cats and dogs better than most people!  
View Quote

I think a lot of people don't like cats because cat don't kiss up to them.  I used to have five dogs and now have five cats and, like you, I liked them all better than most people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top