Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2002 9:10:38 AM EDT
Anyone else out there believe that WWWIII has begun? I do not see a peaceful solution in the middle east. With that said what happens when the US joins Israel, and the Arab world joins the Palestinians? What will happen with China and the Soviet Union?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#1]
China will stay nuetral, and Russia will help us. Plain and simple.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#2]
A third World Wide Web? Damn Microsoft upgrades...
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#3]
russia will help us, yeah right. they are hurting for cash they will be arming the plo, along with china
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:07:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

and I was just getting use to the first World Wide Web. How did Russia get the upgrade?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I rate this as very possible.
China neutral my butt.  With U.S. assets well dispersed around the world kiss Taiwan and the Spratly Islands goodbye.  Russia will sell to the highest bidder while trying to protect their oil fields in the south, they have pissed off  OPEC enough, the Arabs have a big bone to pick with them.  Watch for Indonisia, they will turn and bite us in the butt at some point.  Pakistan and India might slug it out, but who cares. Pakistan deserves to get their butts kicked.
Watch for the SHTF action in Koera if this goes down. Also watch Europe sit back and laugh at us instead of helping them like we did for their sorry asses in the last two wars.

Just my overly brief run down of possible things to watch for. I just hope there is lots of good film footage for us to watch.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
China will stay nuetral, and Russia will help us. Plain and simple.
View Quote

Agreed.

China will remain neutral because China is not ready for a major move.

Russia will assist the U.S. - at least covertly.

To me Turkey is also most important to the U.S in that region.  We can't accept neutrality from Turkey.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, It is here and it is going to get ugly!!
I thank that Russia will do all that they can to help us.
[50]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Friedrich Nietzsche once penned:  They say that evil men have no songs.  How is it that the Russians sing?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep, I'm getting pretty damn nervous . . .
[V]
I think the end IS near.
[XX(]
Since its Easter weekend, I'll tell you about a Catholic profit. Saint Malachy was the first Irish Saint, and a Catholic Priest centuries ago.  During his time, he had many specific predictions; most of which have come true.  The most relevant one for now is that he said there will be only 112 Popes.  John Paul, the current pope, is # 110.  Now I'm not superstitious, I don't believe in UFOs, Ghosts, or other assorted supernatural bullshit, but how does one argue against this kind of success?  Or, the type of success Nostradamus enjoyed?  Nostradamus, by the way, claimed WWIII would be the West and Russia against the Middle East and Asia.  Sure looks like its shaping up that way.
[:I]
We have specific threats in Italy this weekend, we have Palestinian WOMEN now blowing themselves up (does 70 virgins really appeal to them??), and we got an unprecedented alliance of all Arab countries against Israel. It doesn't look good boys!!
[X]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Can anyone clarify for me why there there's such widespread support for Turkey in all of this??

Resources?  Technology?  
Intellectual Excellence?

What is it that makes everyone think they won't side with other Arab nations?

I just don't see it.....

~smug
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:12:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can anyone clarify for me why there there's such widespread support for Turkey in all of this??
Resources?  Technology?  
Intellectual Excellence?
I just don't see it.....
~smug
View Quote

turkey, while mostly muslim, is a secular state with strong ties to europe, and a Nato member, too. strategic location. i think they'd probably stick with us in a pinch.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Resources?  Technology?  
Intellectual Excellence?

I just don't see it.....

~smug
View Quote

LOCATION- look at a map.

Also, Turks are not Arabs, they are Turks. There is a difference.

And, they are a member of NATO, which invoked Article 5 the day after 9/11

edited to add, whatever the hell thats worth. Not much, probably
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Since its Easter weekend, I'll tell you about a Catholic profit.
View Quote

How about this Catholic profit: bingo night. [:D]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:50:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Since its Easter weekend, I'll tell you about a Catholic profit. Saint Malachy was the first Irish Saint, and a Catholic Priest centuries ago.  During his time, he had many specific predictions; most of which have come true.  The most relevant one for now is that he said there will be only 112 Popes.  John Paul, the current pope, is # 110.
View Quote

Uhh... count again.

[url=http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12272b.htm]List of Popes[/url]

JPII is #265.

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:00:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anyone else out there believe that WWWIII has begun?
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#16]
 I rate it as a high possiblity.  Israel and the Arabs are on a collision course, and Iraq has managed to unite the arabic nations in an anti-Western coalition.  It is readily apparent that the US intends to spank Saddam no matter the consequences.  
 China is not yet ready to make any moves on the West, unless they align themselves with the Muslims.  Russia will lend us their tacit support, but i don not see the Russkis getting involved unles directly attacked.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#17]
No.

Six Day War, Yom Kippur War, all of 'em clearly fought with East-West divisions.
Isreali's with our stuff, Arabs with Russia's.

Same war, different year.

*yawn*
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since its Easter weekend, I'll tell you about a Catholic profit. Saint Malachy was the first Irish Saint, and a Catholic Priest centuries ago.  During his time, he had many specific predictions; most of which have come true.  The most relevant one for now is that he said there will be only 112 Popes.  John Paul, the current pope, is # 110.
View Quote

Uhh... count again.

[url=http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12272b.htm]List of Popes[/url]

JPII is #265.

View Quote

I believe Saint Malachy's prophecy started with the reign of Pope Celestine II. Saint Malachy told Pope Innocent II about the prophecies in 1130 A.D.
If I am correct Pope Celestine II is number 166 add 112 to that and we still have plenty of time.

You see the senseless info a Catholic school fills you with.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, if I am wrong, this is one time when I won't be too upset about it. . . .
But what about the Nostradamus predictions?
[:\]
And, what about Palestinian WOMEN now becoming suicide bombers?
[:\] [:\]
And, and, what about the un-precedented unity among Arab nations?
[:\] [:\] [:\]
Anyone care to address these points??
[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

P.S. I never liked bingo--but maybe I will in 50 years. . .
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
But what about the Nostradamus predictions?
View Quote

Which ones?

And, what about Palestinian WOMEN now becoming suicide bombers?
[:\] [:\]
View Quote

They... are... running out of psychotic homicidal MEN?

And, and, what about the un-precedented unity among Arab nations?
[:\] [:\] [:\]
View Quote

Hardly unprecedented. They've been universally opposed to Israel since Israel came into existance.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:02:28 PM EDT
[#22]
China may yell and scream, but they won't do anything to jeopardize their export business to Wally World.

Russia will yell and scream, all the time selling arms to the highest bidder.

Since no superpowers will be involved (maybe not even us), can it really lead to WWIII?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yep, I'm getting pretty damn nervous . . .
[V]
I think the end IS near.
[XX(]
Since its Easter weekend, I'll tell you about a Catholic profit. Saint Malachy was the first Irish Saint,
View Quote

Ya ya, but you never mentioned the profits??

and a Catholic Priest centuries ago.  During his time, he had many specific predictions; most of which have come true.  The most relevant one for now is that he said there will be only 112 Popes.  John Paul, the current pope, is # 110.  Now I'm not superstitious, I don't believe in UFOs, Ghosts, or other assorted supernatural bullshit, but how does one argue against this kind of success?
View Quote

I don't know, you didn't list any of the predictions that have come true.

Or, the type of success Nostradamus enjoyed?  
View Quote

Really, what success?

Nostradamus, by the way, claimed WWIII would be the West and Russia against the Middle East and Asia.  Sure looks like its shaping up that way.
We have specific threats in Italy this weekend, we have Palestinian WOMEN now blowing themselves up (does 70 virgins really appeal to them??), and we got an unprecedented alliance of all Arab countries against Israel. It doesn't look good boys!!
[X]
View Quote

Haha, Nostradamus does NOT say something like "WWIII will be the West and Russia against the Middle East and Asia", he would say "And the great war that will come later, but sooner than much later, between those guys and the beasty ones and those from the far reaches, will happen, I'm thinking of a number between 5 and 23, and also of something green. There will be balonga sandwiches, and much rejoicing in the end, after that later date".

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Seems Arabs would have done something by now if they thought they could win.

But with nukes pointed at each of the Arabs, Israel's still got the trump card.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Nostradamus--any of his predictions--take your pick.  Look I ain't got the time for a history lesson, but even a cursory amount of research into his predictions will reveal how many have come true.  Two of the more well-known are Hitler and Napoleon, but there were countless others.  See Erika Cheetham (sic) for details.
[;D]
No, they're not running out of men.  What it is you see, is that their resolve has been greatly strengthened as of late.  More people feel pushed into the preverbal corner, there is more desperation, less hope, etc.  Think about the MIND SET these people have.  As has been said before, there is no stopping someone willing to DIE for his/her cause.
[}:(]

Yes, they have always been against Israel, but never so unified.  Look beyond the surface . . . and read between the sound bites.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

SteyrAUG? Now i know i haven't been visiting the boards often enough lately. you've come back and i didn't even notice. [:)]

greetings from lib
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
WW III beginning?  Maybe it's time to activate and max out all those damned credit cards sent to me....
View Quote

Now that's a thought! Just thinking of all the guns I could buy... maybe a tank!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 3:51:13 PM EDT
[#28]
It's funny how people only mention Nostradamus [b]after[/b] something happens - why don't they warn us beforehand? Simple - because the event has to happen first, so people can fit the event to his nonsense.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#29]
god I hope not I am still looking for a preban I can afford.[;D]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:10:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Haha, Nostradamus does NOT say something like "WWIII will be the West and Russia against the Middle East and Asia", he would say "And the great war that will come later, but sooner than much later, between those guys and the beasty ones and those from the far reaches, will happen, I'm thinking of a number between 5 and 23, and also of something green. There will be balonga sandwiches, and much rejoicing in the end, after that later date".

View Quote

[img]http://www.timvp.com/carnac.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:14:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Are you sure you didn't mean to ask, "When is the WW[i]F[/i] beginning?"

[img]http://www.wwfsuperstars.com/media/2002/03/28/41103[/img]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone else out there believe that WWWIII has begun?
View Quote

No.
View Quote

This is one of the few times I agree with RikWriter.  THIS IS NOT THE START OF WW III.....not yet.

He probably thinks the stern Israeli actions will bring complete "victory" and "solve" (be the "final solution") of Israel's problems with the Palastinians.

I HIGHLY DOUBT IT!

DaMan

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's funny how people only mention Nostradamus [b]after[/b] something happens - why don't they warn us beforehand? Simple - because the event has to happen first, so people can fit the event to his nonsense.
View Quote

So you want a "pre-prophecy" warning that a prophecy is about to be fulfilled - before the event that fulfills it actually occurs? [>:/]

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

So you want a "pre-prophecy" warning that a prophecy is about to be fulfilled - before the event that fulfills it actually occurs? [>:/]

View Quote

I guess I'm thinking more along the lines of a tornado warning - you know it's coming, but you can't stop it. My point is, it's not a prediction if you wait till AFTER something happens and then you say "oh, yeah, I knew that was going to happen because Nostradamus said so right here." The fact is, everything he wrote is either so ambiguous or so nonsensical than it can mean anything you want it to with just a little imagination on your part. Come right out and say it if you want to be taken seriously! Even "the Empire City of York shall be laid low in the first year of the third millennium, and the Five shall be made incomplete" would be specific enough that it couldn't be dismissed as coincidence - all the terms used would be familiarto an educated 13th century man, and would mean something to us as well.

It's funny how a man who allegedly got 5 of the 6 letters in Hitler's name right couldn't get the 3 letters of "WTC" correct.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I guess I'm thinking more along the lines of a tornado warning - you know it's coming, but you can't stop it.
My point is, it's not a prediction if you wait till AFTER something happens and then you say "oh, yeah, I knew that was going to happen because Nostradamus said so right here."
View Quote

That's the difference between a "prediction" and a "prophecy".

A prophecy CAN NOT be understood until [u]after[/u] the event occurs. That precludes anyone from "forcing" the prediction to come true. No one can then cause it to happen just [u]because[/u] it was predicted.

If, in 1995 I said "the Empire City of York shall be laid low in the first year of the third millennium", then anyone, including myself, could easily read that, follow the directions and bomb NYC in 2001, thus "fullfilling the prediction". That's not a prophecy.

The fact is, everything he wrote is either so ambiguous or so nonsensical than it can mean anything you want it to with just a little imagination on your part.
View Quote

That is certainly a valid point.

It's funny how a man who allegedly got 5 of the 6 letters in Hitler's name right couldn't get the 3 letters of "WTC" correct.
View Quote

Does he have to predict EVERYTHING? Nostradamus believers do get a lot of mileage from that "Hister" one though. It is a damn good call, you have to admit:

[i]Beasts ferocious with hunger will cross the rivers,
The greater part of the battlefield will be against Hister.
Into a cage of iron will the great one be drawn,
When the child of Germany observes nothing.
(Century 2, Quatrain 24) [/i]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:41:16 PM EDT
[#37]
This may not be the begining of WWIII but I believe we are only 10 years from the end time. As to the list of Popes here it is.

THE FINAL AND DEFINITIVE LIST OF POPES
WITH REFERENCES TO ST. MALACHY'S PROPHECY
by Zoltan ([email protected])

The list takes the following form:
Numbered rank in papal succession from Peter. Name of Pope/*Antipope (dates)
Number. Prophetia St. Malachiae
De Summis Pontificibus
167. Celstine II (1143-1144)
1. Ex castro Tyberis. (from a castle on the Tiber)
Hist: Celestin II was born in Citta di Castello, Toscany, on the shores of the Tiber
168. Lucius II (1144-1145)
2. Inimicus expulsus
169. Eugene III (1145-1153)
3. Ex magnitudine montis (Of the greatness of the mount)
Hist: Born in the castle of Grammont (latin: mons magnus), his family name was Montemagno
170. Anastasius IV (1153-1154)
4. Abbas Suburranus
171. Adrian IV (1154-1159)
5. De rure albo (field of Albe)
Hist: Born in the town of Saint-Alban
* Victor IV (1159-1164)
6. Ex tetro carcere
* Paschal III (1164-1168)
7. Via trans-Tyberina
* Calistus III (1168-1178)
8. De Pannonia Tusciae
? Innocent III (1179-1180)
Not accounted for in Malachy's list
172. Alexander III (1159-1181)
9. Ex ansere custode.
173. Lucius III (1181-1185)
10. Lux in ostio.
174. Urban III (1185-1187)
11. Sus in cribo
175. Gregory VIII (1187)
12. Ensis Laurentii
176. Clement III (1187-1191)
13. De schola exiet
177. Celestine III (1191-1198)
14. De rure bovensi
178. Innocent III (1198-1216)
15. Comes signatus (signed Count)
Hist: descendant of the noble Signy, later called Segni family
179. Honorius III (1216-1227)
16. Canonicus de latere.
180. Gregory IX (1227-1241)
17. Avis Ostiensis (Bird of Ostia)
Hist: before his election he was Cardinal of Ostia
181. Celestine IV (1241)
18. Leo Sabinus.
182. Innocent IV (1243-1254)
19. Comes Laurentius
183. Alexander IV (1254-1261)
20. Signum Ostiense
184. Urban IV (1261-1264)
21. Hierusalem Campaniae (Jerusalem of Champagne)
Hist: native of Troyes, Champagne, later patriarch of Jerusalem
185. Clement IV (1265-1268)
22. Draca depressus
186. Gregory X (1271-1276)
23. Anguinus vir
187. Innocent V (1276)
24. Concionatur Gallus
188. Adrian V (1276)
25. Bonus Comes
189. John XXI (1276-1277)
26. Piscator Tuscus
190. Nicholas III (1277-1280)
27. Rosa composita
191. Martin IV (1281-1285)
28. Ex teloneo liliacei Martini
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:42:20 PM EDT
[#38]
192. Honorius IV (1285-1287)
29. Ex rosa leonina
193. Nicholas IV (1288-1292)
30. Picus inter escas
194. Nicholas IV (1288-1292)
31. Ex eremo celsus (elevated from a hermit)
Hist: prior to his election he was a hermit in the monastery of Pouilles
195. Boniface VIII (1294-1303)
32. Ex undarum benedictione
196. Benedict XI (1303-1304)
33. Concionator patereus
197. Clement V (1305-1314)
34. De fessis Aquitanicis (ribbon of Aquitaine)
Hist: was archbishop of Bordeaux in Aquitaine
198. John XXII (1316-1334)
35. De sutore osseo (of the cobbler of Osseo)
Hist: Family name Ossa, son of a shoe-maker
* Nicholas V (1328-1330)
36. Corvus schismaticus (the schismatic crow)
Note the reference to the schism, the only antipope at this period
199. Benedict XII (1334-1342)
37. Frigidus Abbas (cold friar)
Hist: he was a priest in the monastery of Frontfroid (coldfront)
200. Clement VI (1342-1352)
38. De rosa Attrebatensi
201. Innocent VI (1352-1362)
39. De montibus Pammachii (of the mount of Pammachius)
Hist: born in Mont, Limousin, not much else here
202. Urban V (1362-1370)
40. Gallus Vice-comes
203. Gregory XI (1370-1378)
41. Novus de Virgine forti (novel of the virgin fort)
Hist: count of Beaufort, later Cardinal of Ste-Marie La Neuve
* Clement VII (1378-1394)
42. De cruce Apostilica
* Benedict XIII (1394-1423)
43. Luna Cosmedina
* Clement VIII (1423-1429)
44. Schisma Barcinonicum
? Benedict XIV (1425-?)
Not accounted for in Malachy's list
204. Urban VI (1378-1389)
45. De Inferno praegnanti
205. Boniface IX (1389-1404)
46. Cubus de mixtione
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:43:19 PM EDT
[#39]
206. Innocent VII (1404-1406)
47. De meliore sydere
207. Gregory XII (1406-1415)
48. Nauta de ponte nigro
* Alexander V (1409-1410)
49. Flagellum Solis
* John XIII (1410-1415)
50. Cervus Sirenae
208. Martin V (1417-1431)
51. Corona veli aurei
209. Eugene IV (1431-1447)
52. Lupa caelestina
* Felix V (1439-1449)
53. Amator crucis
210. Nicholas V (1447-1455)
54. De modicitate lunae
211. Callistus III (1455-1458)
55. Bos pascens (grazing ox)
Hist: Alphonse Borgia's arms sported a golden grazing ox
212. Pius II (1458-1464)
56. De capra et Albergo
213. Paul II (1464-1471)
57. De cervo et Leone
214. Sixtus IV (1471-1484)
58. Piscator Minorita
215. Innocent VIII (1484-1492)
59. Praecursor Siciliae
216. Alexander VI (1492-1503)
60. Bos Albanus in portu
217. Pius III (1503)
61. De parvo homine
218. Julius II (1503-1513)
62. Fructus jovis juvabit
219. Leo X (1513-1521)
63. De craticula Politiana
220. Adrian VI (1522-1523)
64. Leo Florentius
221. Clement VII (1523-1534)
65. Flos pilaei aegri
222. Paul III (1534-1549)
66. Hiacynthus medicorum
223. Julius III (1550-1555)
67. De corona Montana
224. Marcellus II (1555)
68. Frumentum floccidum
225. Paul IV (1555-1559)
69. De fide Petri
226. Pius IV (1559-1565)
70. Aesculapii pharmacum
227. St. Pius V (1566-1572)
71. Angelus nemorosus
228. Gregory XIII (1572-1585)
72. Medium corpus pilarum
229. Sixtus V (1585-1590)
73. Axis in medietate signi
230. Urban VII (1590)
74. De rore caeli
231. Gregory XIV (1590-1591)
75. De antiquitate Urbis
232. Innocent IX (1591)
76. Pia civitas in bello
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:44:39 PM EDT
[#40]
233. Clement VIII (1592-1605)
77. Crux Romulea
234. Leo XI (1605)
78. Undosus Vir
235. Paul V (1605-1621)
79. Gens perversa
236. Gregory XV (1621-1623)
80. In tribulatione pacis
237. Urban VIII (1623-1644)
81. Lilium et rosa
238. Innocent X (1644-1655)
82. Jucunditas crucis
239. Alexander VII (1655-1667)
83. Montium custos
240. Clement IX (1667-1669)
84. Sydus Olorum (constellation of swans)
Hist: upon his election, he was apparently the occupant of the Chamber of Swans in the Vatican
241. Clement X (1670-1676)
85. De flumine magno
242. Innocent XI (1676-1689)
86. Bellua insatiabilis
243. Alexander VIII (1689-1691)
87. Poenitentia gloriosa
244. Innocent XII (1691-1700)
88. Rastrum in porta
245. Clement XI (1700-1721)
89. Flores circumdati
246. Innocent XIII (1721-1724)
90. De bona Religione
247. Benedict XIII (1724-1730)
91. Miles in bello
248. Clement XII (1730-1740)
92. Columna excelsa
249. Benedict XIV (1740-1758)
93. Animal rurale
250. Clement XIII (1758-1769)
94. Rosa Umbriae
251. Clement XIV (1769-1774)
95. Ursus velox
252. Pius VI (1775-1799)
96. Peregrinus Apostolicus
253. Pius VII (1800-1823)
97. Aquila rapax
254. Leo XII (1823-1829)
98. Canis et coluber
255. Pius VIII (1829-1830)
99. Vir religiosus
256. Gregory XVI (1831-1846)
100. De balneis hetruriae (bath of Etruria)
Hist: prior to his election he was member of an order founded by Saint Romuald, at Balneo, in Etruria, present day Toscany
257. Pius IX (1846-1878)
101. Crux de cruce
258. Leo XIII (1878-1903)
102. Lumen in caelo
259. St. Pius X (1903-1914)
103. Ignis ardent (ardent fire)
Hist: his death coincided with the beginning of the fires of WWI
260. Benedict XV (1914-1922)
104. Religio depopulata
261. Pius XI (1922-1939)
105. Fides intrepida
262. Pius XII (1939-1958)
106. Pastor angelicus
263. John XXIII (1958-1963)
107. Pastor et Nauta (pastor and marine)
Hist: prior to his election he was patriarch of Venise, a marine city, home of the gondolas
264. Paul VI (1963-1978)
108. Flos florum (flower of flowers)
Hist: his arms displayed three lilies
265. John Paul I (1978)
109. De medietate Lunae (of the half of the moon)
Hist: Albino Luciani, born in Canale d'Ogardo, diocese of Belluno, (beautiful moon). Elected pope on August 26, on the first day of the last quarter of the moon which appeared as a perfect half-disk in the sky.... The lunar eclipse of the 17th of September was to be the apogee of his reign. His reign lasted about a month, from half a moon to the next half.... He died (according to some, assassinated) on September 28 on a night of the last quarter, with again only half of the silver disk visible in the night sky....
266. John Paul II (1978-)
110. De labore Solis (of the eclipse of the sun)
Hist: Karol Wojtyla was born on mai 18, 1920 during a solar eclipse
267. ???
111. Gloria olivae
268 ???
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
WW III beginning?  Maybe it's time to activate and max out all those damned credit cards sent to me....
View Quote
Sounds like a plan! Remember, though, to order everything next-day air, or it could arrive too late!
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:06:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Friedrich Nietzsche once penned:  They say that evil men have no songs.  How is it that the Russians sing?
View Quote

They don't sing, they wail :)

[i]Wo man singt,
da lass dich nieder;
böse Menschen
haben keine Lieder.[/i]

Where they sing, there you may settle.
Evil people don't have songs.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:12:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quit worrying.  The way my luck runs, WWIII won't start until the day [i]after[/i] I get out of debt, and that's a looooong way off! [:D]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:25:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Bring it on. The suspense is killing me. I'm tired of waiting.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#45]
The point of the PLO/Hamaas women is interesting, If you think about it yes it could be taken as part of their resolve in this fight or since the PLO/Hamaas is a militant group these women may be acting out of threats against family in a political point to make the Israel and Nato think this is the amount of their resolve.
I think Yasser has more control over the PLO and Hamas and is taking no action to prevent the attacks wheather he condons them or not.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:19:01 AM EDT
[#46]
...or there may be more lesbians in Palestine than we've been led to believe...Based on how they are treated by their menfolk, it wouldn't surprise me[B)]!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top