Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2002 8:57:08 AM EDT
All,

Thought I'd share this incident with you, and see if anyone else out there had something similar happen to them.

Have any of you been subject to a pre-boarding "shakedown" before?  Well, on a recent flight out of a certain airport, three of us (all strangers to each other) had an interesting experience.

You see, we'd all been picked to receive the "super-screening" at the gate.  You know, the "please follow me, sir," followed by, "please empty your pockets, and take off your shoes.  I also need to see your ID."  

Well, we all three complied; after all, it was a busy flight, and we all wanted to get in the air and get home.  So we emptied our pockets, took off our shoes, and pulled out ID's.

I pulled out my Army ID card, another guy pulled out a Navy ID card, and the third pulled out an Air Force ID card.

We were all three white males with short blond hair, all around six feet in height, and (apparently) just looked like potential terrorists.  

We started laughing, and then compared notes.  The really funny thing was that we ALL had used our military ID's to check in at the ticket counter...

Coincidence?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:33:19 AM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like airport security picked the three guys [i]least[/i] likely to present a problem.  I.e., they took the easy way out.  

Like the drunk who lost his car keys in the dark alley behind the bar.  He's looking for them under the street lamp out front because the light's better.

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:53:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't personaly gotten the "Supersize" inspection yet, but a friend of mine did.

The thing is, he and some friends run a girly website. He and some of his crew were flying from Boston to Baltimore for a big party involving some of the girls, a band, etc. So he has to open his bag with some props in it and well....you can see (nothing dirty)

[img]http://homepage.mac.com/thetattooist/.Pictures/bags.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Bear with me on this...on a recent trip, at the normal security checkpoint, the male screener had a distinct African(somalian) accent. This was the day after I saw BHD......and you want me to be polite to this guy?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:19:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#5]
The more I read on this sight the more disgusted I become with todays society (pretty hard considering the low opinion I have of it to begin with)
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#6]
garhead why?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top