Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2002 8:54:56 AM EDT
 Hey Hardchargers, I usually run a 280-290 PFT, but this time I can't seem to do my 20 pullups.  I have been stuck at 17-18 for the past 2 months!!!  Help!!!

I'm currently taking creatine, hmb, and whey protein, trying to get over my stumbling block.  Technique hints, nutritional/supplement advice, and training tips are all welcome.
I take the PFT Apr. 6th, and I will do 20 by then, one way or the other!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:06:18 AM EDT
[#1]
btt- perhaps you were all at chow...
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:29:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey Dom, actually my run sucks (like 21:30), but I always max out pullups and situps.  That's the reason for the 280-290, instead of 300.  I'm going to do some pullups right now...brb!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want those two extra pullups, you need to get rid of creatine and all that crap.  That's your problem right there!  Like someone previously stated, strap on some extra weight and do 2-3 max sets every day or so.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:39:11 AM EDT
[#5]
OK- I did a first set of 17, then 5 minutes later, a set of 13 with my ALICE pack on.

Here's what a friend of mine usually does to get pumped up for his pullups: he does a pullup for each Marine of his choice that was awarded the CMOH, for pullups #one to #eighteen.  The last two are his personal choices (I know that he does #19 for his grandpa that fought in WWII at Iwo Jima; he won't say who he does #20 for), but it works great for him.  

At this point, I'm willing to try something like this, if it will motivate me.  I'll let you know how it works out by Monday night.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:54:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:18:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Remember to take a leak and a dump before you take your test.  Every ounce of weight you don't carry with you is an ounce you don't have to pull up. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top