Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/2/2010 6:33:44 PM EDT
i mean seriously?
there were hundreds of witnesses, and most likely camera footage.
not to mention he was shot with the murder weapon in his possession while shooting at the responding LEO.
why do we need to give that piece of shit a extension on his trial?
what is his defense going to be? islamic insanity?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.  You have to do it right everytime.  Judge him properly and then sentence him to death.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Because it's his right to have a trial?

Brian
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Because the cops did not do their job and you know what I mean
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#4]
you might want to read this sometime
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#5]
"allegedly"
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Because it's his right to have a trial?

Brian

yes he has a right to a trial,  a speedy one.
how long has it been since he shot up the base?
what is so difficult about collecting the slugs, statements, putting witnesses on the stand, and then hanging the mother fucker?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:39:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Yah, because there's never been a time where the obvious answer wasn't the right one.  

Look up "due process" some day.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:39:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:40:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Because zero wants to do anything he can to absolve his fellow muslims of blame.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

i mean seriously?

not to mention he was shot with the murder weapon in his possession while shooting at the responding LEO.

He is entitled to a trial under the UCMJ.

The United States does not dispense punishment without due process...

Something about 'The Constitution'....

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#12]
If he doesn't have the right to a fair trial...none of us do.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
you might want to read this sometime
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9822/const2598124.gif

Print is a little small, but that's REALLY good.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
i mean seriously?

What are you proposing here?  Should we lower ourselves to third world status and throw out the constitution.  Not saying I enjoy watching this shitbird enjoy his rights but I'm not willing to throw out due process either.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Is he still getting paid O-4 pay, BAH etc.?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#16]
"Ma baby didnt do nuffin"
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Because of CNS misses.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#18]
No, the Army MUST cross every "t", dot every "i".

Then, once all the regs are followed, HANG the scum.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

If he doesn't have the right to a fair trial...none of us do.

As much as it angers me about the whole situation, I completely agree.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Good question, though––are they going to seek the death penalty?  

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Because we are a nation of laws, not a nation run by the whim of the majority. A trial is the legal mechanism to determine what we do with him.

And, we know he did it but we don’t know how guilty he is yet. Trials are often to determine the level of guilt more than the question of, “who done it?”

Maybe he was blackmailed into it. Maybe he has a brain tumor. Maybe he caught a case of ass syphilis one Thursday night and it’s gone to his brain. All of those might somewhat mitigate his guilt. (Granted, after what he did, you could mitigate a lot of guilt and still hang his ass.)
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
i mean seriously?

What are you proposing here?  Should we lower ourselves to third world status and throw out the constitution.  Not saying I enjoy watching this shitbird enjoy his rights but I'm not willing to throw out due process either.

not at all.
i am more so disappointed at how slow the wheels of justice turn in this country.
this slam dunk case should be easily expedited and the guilty party receive their punishment.
when you have video footage of someone going on a murdering spree, it should not be subject to lengthy trials drawn out over the course of years or even decades.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#23]
A little thing called "The Constitution"

He deserves it, everyone deserves their day in court.

The only problem I have is the 5000 days between sentencing and execution.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Is he still getting paid O-4 pay, BAH etc.?

Has he been found guilty?  If the answer is no, why would he not get paid?

His BAH has probably stopped as housing is provided for him.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i mean seriously?

not at all.

i am more so disappointed at how slow the wheels of justice turn in this country.

this slam dunk case should be easily expedited and the guilty party receive their punishment.

when you have video footage of someone going on a murdering spree, it should not be subject to lengthy trials drawn out over the course of years or even decades.

He ain't going anywhere dude, we'll know where he is when we get around to it.......

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Because we are a nation of laws, not a nation run by the whim of the majority. A trial is the legal mechanism to determine what we do with him.

And, we know he did it but we don’t know how guilty he is yet. Trials are often to determine the level of guilt more than the question of, “who done it?”

Maybe he was blackmailed into it. Maybe he has a brain tumor. Maybe he caught a case of ass syphilis one Thursday night and it’s gone to his brain. All of those might somewhat mitigate his guilt. (Granted, after what he did, you could mitigate a lot of guilt and still hang his ass.)

it should not matter WHY he did it.
he committed murder of many innocent individuals. what matters is that he did it, and it can be proved easily.
why should it matter if he was not right in the head?
forget the fact that he has known ties to radical islamists
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#27]
There's a chance he didn't do it.  

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:57:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Because we are not the enemy.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:58:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The military doesn't use hanging anymore...

About 15-20 after conviction, he will be taken to Terra Haute & poisoned to death by IV.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#30]

...because giving even the most heinous criminals a fair trial makes us different from people like those with whom the Ft. Hood shooter sides?

(ETA and there's also that whole Constitution/UCMJ thing that's already been pointed out)
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:59:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
i mean seriously?

not at all.

He ain't going anywhere dude, we'll know where he is when we get around to it.......

i feel that not dealing swift justice, with a fair trial and all that, is necessary in these cases. give him his trial, but do it most ricky tick.
if i were a betting man i would say this trial will be much like the 911 rebuild project, stalled, and dead in the water.
we need to send a message to the fundamentalists, if you are caught, you will receive a trial, and justice will be dealt swiftly.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#32]
It's the proper thing to do before we use his solar plexus for a bullseye.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

About 15-20 after conviction, he will be taken to Terra Haute & poisoned to death by IV.

Last time I looked, hanging was still on the books as a legal form of execution.  They could probably use it, if they tried.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:17:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i mean seriously?

not at all.

i feel that not dealing swift justice, with a fair trial and all that, is necessary in these cases. give him his trial, but do it most ricky tick.

if i were a betting man i would say this trial will be much like the 911 rebuild project, stalled, and dead in the water.

we need to send a message to the fundamentalists, if you are caught, you will receive a trial, and justice will be dealt swiftly.
Nah, we'll try him in regular time.  Shit, here in Phoenix we've only tried the Baseline rapist on the first two victoms, he's still waiting trial for 75 other counts, and they caught him in 2007, 2008.....

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:18:59 PM EDT
[#35]
A lot of people are going to make a lot of money but it takes time. The Cops shopuld have whacked his sorry ass.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Cause he's a US citizen and is due a trial under the UCMJ.  He's not some dirka-dirka we picked up in Pakistan.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.  You have to do it right everytime.  Judge him properly and then sentence him to death.

I don't want him sentenced to death. I want him to get life. That way not only does it deny him Martyrdom, but he gets to spend the rest of his natural life in searing pain from the nerve damage he got when they shot him.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:22:02 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

[/thread]

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Last time I looked, hanging was still on the books as a legal form of execution.  They could probably use it, if they tried.

Can't they just prop him up and shoot him?

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#40]
It's because lawyers care more about process and potentiality getting this guy off than punishing a murderer.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pity, he'd drop pretty good in his wheel chair.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't want him sentenced to death. I want him to get life. That way not only does it deny him Martyrdom, but he gets to spend the rest of his natural life in searing pain from the nerve damage he got when they shot him.

Yeah, normally I'm all about the death penalty. But in this case I want him to be hang out for a while all paralyzed.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

It's because lawyers care more about process and potentiality getting this guy off than punishing a murderer.

Yeah, I bet thats it... couldn't be due process or anything.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You got a point there, he'd also have to contend with the other prisoners and the MPs. Not that I'm condoning cruel punishment from the MPs.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#45]
I do not question or oppose the trial, it is the law of the land.
I am just pissed that it is not already over and he is not already rotting, if he is guilty.

A lot of witnesses should make for a speedy trial..... If only...
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I bet thats it... couldn't be due process or anything.

Some people just don't get it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Threads like this are why I can't invite regular folks here for gun info.

I mean, motherfuck. Seriously?

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it should not matter WHY he did it.

he committed murder of many innocent individuals. what matters is that he did it, and it can be proved easily.

why should it matter if he was not right in the head?

forget the fact that he has known ties to radical islamists

I thank god that you weren't a framer.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I do not question or oppose the trial, it is the law of the land.

I am just pissed that it is not already over and he is not already rotting, if he is guilty.

A lot of witnesses should make for a speedy trial..... If only...

Doesn't matter to me.  He's not getting bail, he's not going ANYWHERE.  I would rather they get everything right, perfect right down to the last detail.  Lock the door so goddamn hard there's no way in hell it could ever get overturned due to procedural mistakes, etc.

If it takes one year or five, he's still stuck in lockup in a chair the rest of his life.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Umm.. we have a constitution.. M'k?

Or are you suggesting lynching? After all everyone knows he's guilty.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top