Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/29/2002 4:29:56 AM EDT
Any bets on whether or not, provided this really occurs, they will be forcefully stopped?

I'd bet yes, but then, the march will most likly not occur.

[url]http://www.armedfemalesofamerica.com/archive.php?aid=374[/url]

excerpt:

[/quote]
The Bill of Rights Rallies demand the repeal of all unconstitutional laws at all levels of government. A petition will be started on the Stanley for Senate website, (see www.stanley2002.org), beginning April 15, 2002, specifically demanding certain unconstitutional laws be repealed and abolished before the Million Gun March at Washington, D.C. on July 4, 2003. Signers for the petition will be not only making the demands to repeal and abolish certain laws, but will be attesting to their personal guarantee to attend the Million Gun March armed with a rifle, a pistol and ammunition for their personal weaponry. The march will only be held, if at least one million signatures from Americans across the nation, guarantee their presence at the march.

The United States government will be notified monthly, starting May 15, 2002, with a copy of the petition as a lawful redress of grievances from "We the People". Failure by the government to comply with the petition by July 4, 2003, may result in the activation of the "2nd American Revolution Militia", from the individual citizens of the "Million Gun March", to insure that the current U.S. government will comply with the boundaries outlined in the Constitution. The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution will be the authorizing documents of this action. Should this action become a necessity of the people of the United States of America, at the Million Gun March, I would appeal to the United States Military and the various police agencies in attendance on that day, to join with your Constitutional brethren to insure the compliance of YOUR government.
[/quote]

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:31:32 AM EDT
[#1]
didn't lee try that one about 150 years ago?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:32:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Aren't handguns banned within the city limits of D.C.?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:32:19 AM EDT
[#3]
didn't lee try that one about 140 years ago?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmm this sounds interesting.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Being that there are usually 700,000+ people on the mall each 4th of July, it should be a crowded city.

Never happen.

I'd rather have a couple million unarmed march this 4th of July.  March on the Capital and White House.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 1:59:24 PM EDT
[#6]
That's a hell of an idea. How would you stop 1 million gun-wielding protesters? Could you even find one million people who have the stones to strap on some steel and march on the capitol?

I think the unarmed march sounds like a better idea. Not quite the impact of the armed march, but I bet you will get 20 times as many protestors, and they will be less likely to be written off as nutcases.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#7]
TIANNENMEN SQUARE, CHINA.

CJ

Link Posted: 3/30/2002 2:06:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't be in a march, since i am to busy working to pay my taxes!
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 2:15:54 PM EDT
[#9]
OMG, this actually has me EXCITED....
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I love the concept of a million gun march, in principle, and I'd be in stitches if we actually achieved a full million participation, all armed.   The million man march didn't bring anywhere near that, and the million mom march is usually more like a million absentee march, so for the gun lobby to actually deliver a million armed people would be one HELL of a statement.

I guess that on the way back from the march, we could all stop by Brady's corporate headquarters and each pry out one brick from the building to take home as a souvenir.

I'd be afraid that in a million gun owner march, we'd have a hothead or two who caused a very bad scene.

There's another issue:  While there may be safety in numbers (WHO would attack a group of a million armed citizens???), we'd be vulnerable when we split up to go our separate ways.   Perhaps groups should travel in convoys through each state or something...

I think the point would be made if each marcher simply carried a "symbolic" firearm, not a real one, which represents a real firearm that's owned by that person.   A cardboard replica would be sufficient.   But in CA, even those will soon be illegal, I'm sure.

I can imagine the statement of purpose:

"One million gun owners have gathered here today, peacefully, to demand the return of our Constitutional rights...ALL of them.  Each one of us carries a symbolic firearm, and each symbolic firearm represents a real firearm that each marcher owns.   We have not carried real firearms into this city out of respect for you and for the laws of this city, since we are law abiding citizens.   But, be warned:  If our Constitutional rights are not restored to the American people, and PROMPTLY, then those cardboard replicas of firearms will be cast aside and you, our governmental representatives, will have to contend with the possibility that we may begin carrying REAL firearms in order to help achieve our purpose, which is to ensure the freedom of the American people from Governmental oppression.   You have been warned."

CJ

CJ

Link Posted: 3/30/2002 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#11]
btt
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#12]
OK, I confess my ignorance.  

What does BTT mean?

CJ

Link Posted: 3/30/2002 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#13]
back ta-da top

i'd love to see a million armed march on washingtion. since it is pretty obveios thats not gonna happen, howabout 300,000 with wooden rifles? we'd probably be run off by ninja suits. better to have guns.

i don't think there are a million people in this country who care enough to march armed.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#14]
This is actually a great idea.

Let us not chicken shit out.  We need to carry real guns but not ammo.  Let the politicians and left wingers know that we are a force to be reckoned with.  

If we don't defend our rights then they ARE going to be taken away.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#15]
i say carrye real fuckin ammo, that way if wthey try to pull any tee an a man square style shit we show those fuckkers what a million bullets can do. bring bullets and fucking eexplosives
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
i say carrye real fuckin ammo, that way if wthey try to pull any tee an a man square style shit we show those fuckkers what a million bullets can do. bring bullets and fucking eexplosives
View Quote

Hey, Al.  Seen the thread about drinks you can use to sober up?

Just curious... [:D]

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:14:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I like cmjohnson's idea about symbolic firearms.  Do that the first time.  If they don't listen, do it again the following year with the real thing.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#18]
people who did that better be prepared for a full revolution, because there's no way the gov't would let them get away with it

Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#19]
This whole idea gives me goose bumps.  Anyone going to the trial in Denver on May 15th?
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#20]
If we actually got there armed and there were a million of us, dam forget about local PD or National Guard securing the perimeter – they’d need the Marines.

I tell ya though, I can’t remember a single large demonstration where it got ugly and the people were not the ones that were getting shot – I think in this scenario it would be the police running not the demonstrators.  
- Sulaco
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#21]
hwile where there we may as well take out anyone in the gov who voiloated the oath of office

Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Let it begin...
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Even the Marines couldn't do it against a million armed citizens all at once...and some of them would join us.    You see, there's this little issue with ammo.   If every marcher took just one clip for each gun he carries, you can assume that you're talking about a minimum of, what...six for the revolver and five for the rifle... eleven million rounds??   Assume that's a very conservative estimate, because anybody who took an AR or other "assault rifle" would take at least one 30 round mag.   Assume over 20 million rounds available.

Can you say SHITSTORM?

No, it'd take the Air Force to do the job.    One B-52 with a full load would be sufficient to send everybody running for cover.

But if they even tried it, that'd be all the incentive for a revolution that anyone would need.

I don't want to see it go there.  Really.  But it's right that the people retain that capacity.

When the government tries to stamp you out, it's time to stamp the government out.

CJ

Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#24]
march without guns, if the police pull shit, we would have a good reason to react.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Your right CJ,
It’s one thing to attack a furan country; it’s another to order you the countries military to attack its citizens.  

One thing for sure, if I’m going I’m bring a pre-ban configured AR15 with 30 round magazines, at least four plus my 9’s.  A SPAS12 would be nice too [:)]

Though living in CA means I can’t have an AR/SPAS12, so I guess I’ll have to barrow one form one of the demonstrators or pick one up on the way there [:D]
- Sulaco
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll sign up in April. This will be plenty of time to schedule for the time off. I'm not really wild about going armed though. I agree it would take only a few nutjobs to ruin the whole thing. Remember what happened when some WWI veterans marched on Washington D.C. back in the 30's. I don't recall if any the veterans were armed though.

I think we should all go carrying our own state flag. We could even have an AR15.com Flag made to wave so we can meet other members.

I wonder if the GOA and NRA will get behind this along with the Libertarian Party. If all three help I would say a million would be possible.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:16:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Remember what happened in rome when a consul would march onto the capital...
View Quote

Even though I payed attention in my history class I don’t remember this, what happened?
- Sulaco
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#30]
I doubt a million would show up, even with cardboard rifles.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks like this is stiring up quite a frenzy.  Its on just about all the gun boards.  Still no replys from anyone going to the trial in May.  I'll be driving down from Cheyenne if anyone wants to get together for this.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 6:35:31 AM EDT
[#32]
I think I will have to be there. As far as going [b]unarmed[/b], how about we [b]MARCH without shoes?[/b]

It is way past time for a us to standup and be recognized. People take people with guns serriosly.

How about a dress code (uniform), No camo, No all black? Khakys with polo shirt would make us look dignified w/ ARs slung across chest.

R35
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:04:40 AM EDT
[#33]
First, I dont think there is anyway you will get 1,000,000 people there, with or without arms.

If you could though, someone would screw it up.  Somebody would get geeked and crack a few off in the air or something setting off a chain reaction.

Even if you can get past that, think of who all might end up showing.  Remember the GOP convention in Philly where the Dems. protested?  All the communists and anarchists showed up and started a whole friggin riot.  Wouldnt even have to be one of our guys, just too many people that would be looking to take advantage of a tense situation.

Now all that said, if these problems could be overcome it would be a nightmare for DC.  They cant react as the police and national gaurd would be outgunned without using the big guns (see tanks,air support).  Now, there is no possible way you can put a positive spin on rolling tanks through a crowd of 1,000,000 citizens without them opening fire directly at the white house.  Nobody that wants re-elected would ever dream of turning troops against that many people.  A PR nightmare.  Too cool.  My vacation is the next week after, need to see if I can switch it.  The kids need to see that dump of a town anyway.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:04:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I think I will have to be there. As far as going [b]unarmed[/b], how about we [b]MARCH without shoes?[/b]

It is way past time for a us to standup and be recognized. People take people with guns serriosly.

How about a dress code (uniform), No camo, No all black? Khakys with polo shirt would make us look dignified w/ ARs slung across chest.

R35
View Quote

Everyone wears the "Tree of liberty . . . " tee shirt.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:38:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This whole idea gives me goose bumps.  Anyone going to the trial in Denver on May 15th?
View Quote

ok i confess my ignorance, whats happening on may 15th?

i know on the 7th Senate Candidate, Rick Stanley is going on trial for his stand on the second amendment.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:44:29 AM EDT
[#36]
I think there is a common misconception about the Bill of Rights and what it protects or doesn't protect.
Like the rest of the Constitution it is a document meant as guideline for the actions of the people.
The Bill of Rights protects nothing. There is no Supreme Court(it is simply a court of judical review and not the court intended by the Founding Fathers) to judge the legitimacy of a law and we lost most of our representation back in 1916 when the 16th and 17th amendments were declared ratified.
It is the responsibility of each individual to protect his or her inalienable rights.
It is clear that the American public has no idea what their duties are and how to maintain freedom.
If you don't have a stomach for an armed march on DC then do you must a stomach for what you will leave future generations, your children and grandchildren?

You may call me to muster but never call me to chains.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:06:54 AM EDT
[#37]
The Feds would identify and eliminate the leaders.

This armed protest is a very bad idea to even consider. When to protest and show your numbers is when a legislative vote comes up and your local NRA and/or GOA asks for help. This is safe.  

Economic power is YOUR winning ticket. Force one economic interest to fight your battle because it is in their economic interest to do so. Take boycotts to the extreme. This is YOUR way to retain your rights. Boycott as a weapon is a tactic YOU CAN WIN WITH and your enemies cannot easily fight against.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#38]
btt
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#39]
A large march would be neat.  Mabey have a march or two first nearby, were the police would have no excuse for being nervous.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#40]
mabey march on hoover dam, the kalifornians would believe they are going to loose power.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#41]
An intersting idea - too bad I can't get to DC then (I'm on the wrong damn coast and don't have the scratch to make it out.  Maybe local marches on state capitals as well?)

As far as marching armed - bad idea for the first go-round.  I liek the "parade weapons" idea - use it to issue a warning.  If they don't listen this year, march with real weapons the second time around.

Call out the Marines?  Last time I checked, the USMC TO&E allows for a total force of 176,000 all told (this includes admin and support) and they would be SORELY outnumbered if we got anywhere near a million marchers!  Assume that of us probably practise more than EACH individual leatherneck...  

It is time for us to assert ourselves as a citizenry...

Any other takers for the state-level marching idea?

FFZ
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

i know on the 7th Senate Candidate, Rick Stanley is going on trial for his stand on the second amendment.
View Quote

Right, I'm going to the trial to show support.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:52:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Assume that of us probably practise more than EACH individual leatherneck
View Quote

Probably a bad assumption. Target shooting is one thing, combat training is another.

Link Posted: 4/3/2002 7:18:44 AM EDT
[#44]
[b]Ain't nevah gonna happen...[/b]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Right, I'm going to the trial to show support.
View Quote

wish i could, i only get so much vacation time in a year, and this tear reserves gets it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Bonus march part II, the civvie government gets to kill.

The media would keep taping until they found a gun marcher threatening someone or shooting, then turn off the cameras until the ATF and FBI squads were done killing.

Anyone remember Waco? There was a TV crew there, but all we saw was one ATF guy on a roof getting shot.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 3:13:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Where do I sign ?

It has to be with real weapons. If we go unarmed, then the ATF will kill us all and we couldn't even defend ourselves.

I'm up for state marchs. But, for the most part Florida is pretty cool about guns.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Where do I sign ?

It has to be with real weapons. If we go unarmed, then the ATF will kill us all and we couldn't even defend ourselves.

I'm up for state marchs. But, for the most part Florida is pretty cool about guns.
View Quote

[url=www.stanley2002.org/mgmpetition.htm]sighn all yore friends up too[/url]

BTW you have the option to show up armed or unarmed. or pledge to be there as a part of another march.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 11:55:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
OK, I confess my ignorance.  
What does BTT mean?
CJ
View Quote

Bottom Turd Thumper
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 12:06:07 AM EDT
[#50]
I kinda like the idea but what are the chances?

Not to mention the reaction to having actual weapons present.

I don't think the would wait for a large group to assemble, they would search each small group or person as they arrived and disarm them.

My $.02
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top