Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2010 11:19:38 AM EDT
I get emails like this all the time at work:

Dear 357mag,

Last week, politicians in Washington passed a jobs bill WITHOUT critical fiscal relief for states and local governments. Without this money, states will slash hundreds of thousands of jobs and gut education, health care and public safety services even more.

However, there is still a chance to get this aid in the Senate version of the bill. Please call your senators right now. Tell them to include state aid in this jobs bill.

We think we're in a world of hurt now, but this will be nothing short of catastrophic for the already dire budget crisis in most states if this Medicaid funding does not get put back into this jobs bill. This funding (known as FMAP) would provide is $26 billion for in badly needed funding for state and local governments.

As public service employees, there is pretty much nothing more critical to save our jobs and public services right now than this money. Please click here to call your senators right now.

In solidarity,

Charles Loveless
AFSCME Legislative Director

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#1]
American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees

Figures.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuck AFSCME, and fuck unions.  Everybody is hurting.  The government isn't saving MY ass, they are RAPING my ass.  Solidarity - everyone together to push the State to take more money out of our wallets.  FOCK YOU!

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Do the letters F 0 mean anything to you?

Cut away!
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 11:37:05 AM EDT
[#4]
AFSCME is right up there with SEIU––they're blood sucking leaches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top