Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2002 12:17:30 AM EDT
Ya.

[url]www.newyorkmetro.com/content/02/wk10/ci_020311.htm[/url]

"Don't be surprised to find Milla Jovovich joining NRA president Charlton Heston at a gun-rights rally. After several months of combat training to prepare for her role as a zombie killer in Resident Evil, a new sci-fi movie based on the popular video game, the starlet has a newfound affinity for firearms and has become a regular at her local Los Angeles shooting range. "I love guns," she told us while signing autographs at Planet Hollywood in Times Square last week. "I just get such a sense of power. The karate and kickboxing was okay, but give me a gun and I can do serious damage." She doesn't have her own gun yet, but may get one soon: "A handgun, obviously -- I mean, the machine guns are a little heavy and complicated.""
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:33:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Haven't seen the movie, not sure if she's much of an actress or not... but she's got potential. [;)]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:51:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Haven't seen the movie, not sure if she's much of an actress or not... but she's got potential. [;)]
View Quote

Its another videogame movie, so I expect it is crap. But she can act, she was great as Joan of Arc in [i]The Messenger[/i].
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:56:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:57:45 AM EDT
[#4]
One more reason to like that chick from The Fifth Element!

I think that it is great that she is so carte blanche about guns=fun with the media. What makes that even better is that they are probably all tore up over one of their own being converted to good side of the force. HA HA!

Just one more reason why I think I will go to the range tomorrow!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:00:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:27:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Logic dictates that women gain most from the equalizing effect of the Second Amendment, so women should be the most passionate and ardent advocates for the right to keep and bear arms.

Kudos to Milla Jovovich and kudos to the popular press that carries this news in a positive light.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 2:22:34 AM EDT
[#7]
"I love guns," she told us while signing autographs at Planet Hollywood in Times Square last week. "I just get such a sense of power."
View Quote

Is that the kind of person you want representing your side of the argument?

Or would you prefer:

"I see firearms as the primary means to insure liberty and freedom. An armed populace is necessary to keep those agents of the state with delusions of grandeur in line."
View Quote

But she's a little hottie, so I guess it's okay. She just needs a little more training.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 2:40:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
She just needs a little more training.
View Quote

Exactly.  We must encourage the enthusiasm of new shooters, while also instilling respect, safety, and understanding of the political situation.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 3:24:01 AM EDT
[#9]
She tried her hand at singing a few years ago.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:08:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Also in "The Fifth Element"
View Quote

An absolutely stupid movie!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:06:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"I love guns," she told us while signing autographs at Planet Hollywood in Times Square last week. "I just get such a sense of power."
View Quote

Is that the kind of person you want representing your side of the argument?

Or would you prefer:

"I see firearms as the primary means to insure liberty and freedom. An armed populace is necessary to keep those agents of the state with delusions of grandeur in line."
View Quote

View Quote

I don't think the two positions are mutually exclusive. And not every gun owner owns a gun to prevent a tyrannical government. Yes, I'm a firm believer in the intent of the Second Amendment. But to be completely honest, I go to the range because it's fun and I get a kind of instant gratification out of putting holes in targets.

I say if more people responsibly get into the shooting arts for ANY reason, that's generally a good thing. And if a hottie actress gets some other hottie actresses or fans to reconsider and try it themselves, then she's a damn good spokesperson.

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:19:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Cool; a model, actress, L'oreal spokeswoman, singer for just a little while, and now a gun enthusiast.  One more reason for me to like Milla.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:54:44 AM EDT
[#13]
No, no, no.....

***I**** am the "Resident Evil" here at AR15.com.

Not Milla.

Oh - you are talking about a movie - my bad.[BD]

Still, I have graduated from Grammar Nazi to Resident Evil of AR15.com [}:D] Bow before me.....

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:49:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I saw the movie myself and from another womans
point she kicked some serious Butt in the movie!
She was a good actress as well, makes me want to get a gun myself! }:D
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Wow, Laura Prepon ("Donna" on 'That 70's Show') comes out on loving to go to the range in a few interviews (although she said that her agents get freaked out if she talks about it) because she grew up around guns, and now Milla.

Who votes for seeing these two at the range having a good time?!

[img]http://homepage.mac.com/thetattooist/.Pictures/donna_3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Milla is awsome!   She has an album, has been a model for over 15 years, and has been in 13 movies, with more to come!
Best of all she is HOT and likes GUNS!

Here is her official website

[url]http://www.millaj.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#17]
cooooooooool...get her to the convention.  She may not have a gun, but she can handle any of mine anyday.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:44:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Cool......don't know who she is, but anyone on our side in liberal Hollywood is good in my eyes!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#19]
and she is the saviour of france.....and then they burned her at the stake...
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Really? I thought it quite funny...
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#21]
GarandMan,
Your not the grammar Nazi anymore??
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Surprisingly enough, she's not a half-bad singer. Her music probably isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it's not manufactured pablum.

I saw RE last night. It was bloody, mean-spirited fun with lots of pointless gore, gunplay, and a wee bit of nekkid Milla. She's a bit skinny for my tastes, but still a stunner. Looks good with a gun, but then who doesn't?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

You think?  Man, I really liked it....  Chris Tucker was FUNNY!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cool......don't know who she is, but anyone on our side in liberal Hollywood is good in my eyes!
View Quote

This is her:
[img]http://www.millaj.com/pics/gamezdk03021.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.millaj.com/pics/playstationaust0701.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.millaj.com/pics/resident17.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.millaj.com/pics/resident42.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.millaj.com/pics/resident46.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:32:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Its another videogame movie, so I expect it is crap. But she can act, she was great as Joan of Arc in [i]The Messenger[/i].
View Quote

The Messenger? Acting? Cheese and Rice, everyone I know who saw that movie said it was the WORST movie they'd seen in a long time. Milla spazed out so much in the movie we dubbed it "Conan the Twich". If possible, Messenger was bloodier, had more nauseating cinematography and a worse assembeled story line than "Blade". The whole film reminded me of a friend's description of a bad acid trip. The basis is great, and I know St.Joan was a little fruity, but just like "Beautiful Mind", getting inside her head was the last place I wanted to be.

OTOH, Milla is a real looker, what is she nationally, a Czech, or from Jugoslavia? I hope its the latter- if she's a Croat or a Serb or something, I'd be very honored to know I come from the same ethnic background. If she's from the Balkans, it might explain her love of small arms, Balkan women have been bashing it up with their menfolk for millenia. Mostly out of necessity, the ones who dont get raped or outright exicuted.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Bare Essentials

What is Milla's full name, and how do you pronounce it?

Milla Natasha Jovovich: "mee-luh" (rhymes with Sheila) "yo-vo-vitch"

When/where was Milla born? What is her sign?

December 17th, 1975 in Kiev, Ukraine
Chinese Zodiac Sign: Rabbit
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius

What is Milla's height/eye color/etc?

Height: 5'9 or 174 cm
Bust-Waist-Hips: 34-24-34 (in) or 86-61-86 (cm)
Dress Size: 6 (US)
Shoe Size: 9½ (US) or 40½ (Eur)
Eyes: Green
Milla is left-handed

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I say if more people responsibly get into the shooting arts for ANY reason, that's generally a good thing. And if a hottie actress gets some other hottie actresses or fans to reconsider and try it themselves, then she's a damn good spokesperson.
View Quote

Perhaps you are right. I probably overestimated the intelligence of her thespian peer group.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
And if a hottie actress gets some other hottie actresses or fans to reconsider and try it themselves, then she's a damn good spokesperson.

View Quote

Yeah.  And maybe THEN her hottie actress friends will want to have sex with us!

Oh, wait.  That's just crazy talking. [;)]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Guard Tanker,

What in my post led you to beleve that I LIKED [i]The Messenger[/i]?

I said SHE was great as Joan of Arc... did not say anything about the director, screen writer, or the editor of the film!

On the other hand I cant say much of her role in [i]The Fifth Element[/i]- it did not require much acting! However, it was a funny movie, I did like its off beat sense of humor. But even though I  liked the movie better I wouldn't use it to say she was a good actor when all she was asked to do was show off her body and mumble in monosyllables!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wow, Laura Prepon ("Donna" on 'That 70's Show') comes out on loving to go to the range in a few interviews (although she said that her agents get freaked out if she talks about it) because she grew up around guns, and now Milla.

Who votes for seeing these two at the range having a good time?!

[img]http://homepage.mac.com/thetattooist/.Pictures/donna_3.jpg[/img]
View Quote

To hell with seeing Laura Prepon at the range!! I'd rather see her in my bed!!!
I know I'd have more fun there with her than at the range!!

She is a HOTTIE!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 3:14:07 PM EDT
[#31]
I'd duke her.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey Bevis, he said "thespian"...
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Saaaa-weeeeet! She is a hottie. Loved her in the Fifth Element, and she rocked in Resident Evil.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:53:34 PM EDT
[#34]
for a video game movie resident evil was quite good
plus there's a quick p**** shot of her(probably to get the hardcore game nerds to see it multiple times)
if she becomes pro gun from this that's sweet.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Kevin,
Thanks dude.

I thought I was the only person who realized how bad the Fifth Element sucked.

Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:36:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Observer-

Sorry man, some of us did not realize that we are all now part of a 'collective' and that its no longer just a personal opinion, its hard universal fact. [whacko] Thbbtttt....

So I guess those of us who were formerly straight are pretty screwed if this new 'collective' has its sexual prefrences decided by someone like Harvey Firestein or Nathan Lane....
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:46:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
...What makes that even better is that [the media] are probably all tore up over one of their own being converted to [i]good side[/i] of the force...
View Quote

The [b]Dark side[/b], that is.[devil]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 4:22:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Too bad she still wears a training bra... She needs to supersize them puppies.

BrenLover
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 5:15:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Nice to see an actress (particularly one with some star power)  come out publicly as pro-gun. There are a few, but there aren't enough to suit me.

The Fifth Element was a GREAT movie...but it's the kind where you check your brain at the door. You won't need it for the next two hours and it just gets in the way of the fun.   Great casting, great timing, great creativity, great sets, great fun.   Gary Oldman as Zorg really stood out.

I hadn't thought about seeing RE before, but maybe I will, now.

CJ

Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:19:24 AM EDT
[#40]
She was in the movie Zoolander with Ben Stiller. Talk about a bad movie. I wouldn't watch that piece of shit again if you gave me $100 to do so.I'm gonna have to go see Resident Evil and see how she does in that one. Again DON'T WASTE ANY MONEY RENTING ZOOLANDER! HAHA CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:40:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
great creativity, great sets
View Quote

Apparently I hadn't seen enough bad movies before watching that one. [;D]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Resident Evil stinks. It's a true no brainer. Not even half as good as 5th Element.

Really, wait for this one to come to cable and save the $8.50 for something fun.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Resident Evil stinks. It's a true no brainer. Not even half as good as 5th Element.

Really, wait for this one to come to cable and save the $8.50 for something fun.
View Quote

You have to pay $8.50 to see a movie? Its only $4.00 here. I wouldn't pay $8.50 to see any movie. Damn!

CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 12:37:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Welcome to Los Angeles. $34 parking meter tickets, $8.50 movies and $6.00 hamburgers.

I'm sure Milla can afford it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Guardtanker-

put the soapbox down, let your buddy hold the crackpipe and step away dude.

Talk about coming out of 'left' field...good Lord.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Just got back from finally getting around to watching this movie. Not too bad for a movie, Milla likes guns and does martial arts too? That's always a plus.

OT: What a stunningly beautiful woman! I spent the entire movie thinking how awesome it would be to [sex] her brains out, guess this single thing is starting to suck...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top