Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2002 8:25:53 PM EDT
The treasury is thinking about changing the color of our money.
[url]money.cnn.com/2002/03/20/pf/q_dollars/index.htm[/url]
What do you think?

coyote3
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I say as long as it buys the ammo it can be pink for all I care
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope there isn't anyone out there with "old" money out there; at least some that the government doesn't know about.  When the old money is called obsolete...........
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]
If they actually gave up on fiat currency and backed it with gold again, I wouldn't give a rat's patoot what color it was...
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Gold broke $300 today
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#5]
i like $ of all colors.  but only if it makes me profit!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If they actually gave up on fiat currency and backed it with gold again, I wouldn't give a rat's patoot what color it was...
View Quote

M3 is the broad definition of the U.S. supply of money and is currency in circulation plus private checking accounts including those in interest-bearing Now accounts plus retail savings accounts and money market
mutual funds plus large or wholesale time deposits, money market funds held by institutions and Eurodollar deposits held by US residents at foreign branches of US banks as well as at all branches of Canadian and British banks.

For the week ended March 11, 2002, M3, the US money supply, (not seasonally adjusted) averaged 8161.5 billion dollars per day.

Divided by 33392 tons of gold, the known world monetary gold reserve supply in 1996= $244,414,829 per ton

$ per ton divided by 2240 pounds in a ton = $109,113 per pound

$ per pound divided by 14.58 troy oz in a pound =
$7,483 per oz. Sure is a lot of paper money floatin' around out there
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#7]
No, thanks.  It's still worth bogrolls to me...

You want to make an effective change?  Let's go back to real metal money!  I wouldn;t mind using hacksilver or something similar, or going back to coins in gold, platinum, and silver (for starts.  There are also stable Rare Earths that could be used for specie.)

Instead, we are using money set with an abstract value, and backed by the "full faith and credit" of a nation trillions in debt.  I don't see the value.

Let's go back to money that's worth something, and is actually LEGAL!

Last I remember, "no thing" but Gold or Silver shall be made a legal currency, and the Federal Reserve is flatly illegal anyhow...

FFZ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top