Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2002 8:15:05 PM EDT
Just heard on the news a report from Israel that tanks are now shelling Arafats headquaters, a place that had originally been off limits.  Newsperson said that Israel has decdided to completely isolate Arafat.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#1]
What NEEDS done is totally obliterate the bastard!!  Followed by the members and supporters of Ham-ass and the other vermin.  Please SA, try to join in!  The money for all of this comes from Saudi as well as a fair number of the terrorists!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:23:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Sharon is speeking now to the press.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
cnn says IDF troops are busting APC-sized holes in the walls of Terror, inc-Ramallah branch.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Now I ask, is this fair?

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/EricTheHun%2Farabworld%2Egif[/img]

Shouldn't Israel pick on someone its own size?

Eric The(LikeTheFormerSovietUnion?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:16:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Got CNN on right now...

Strangely they are the only ones running a live broadcast..

Anyway, I found where we sent all the Rome Plows we used in Vietnam, one just rolled pass the camera. A D9 Cat with this HUGE ass blade and a armored cab.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:36:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Switched to Fox because Connie Chung was giving a interview to the deputy commander of HAMAS..

Fox now is reporting that Israeli soldiers have entered the compound of Yassar Arafat and are now yelling over loudspeakers for Arafat's bodyguards to surrender or be killed
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Switched to Fox because Connie Chung was giving a interview to the deputy commander of HAMAS..
View Quote

Some how that doesn't surprise me. What channel is that on?
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:50:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Some how that doesn't surprise me. What channel is that on?
View Quote

CNN of course, who else would give a terrorist face time?
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#9]
MSNBC has reported that Arafat made a phone call to the Emir of Qatar, asking for help.  Others inside say Isaeli forces are preparing to storm Arafats office, and Israeli snipers are firing at will through office windows.  Looks like Arafat may be a prisoner or dead by morning.
Bill3508
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:58:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
MSNBC has reported that Arafat made a phone call to the Emir of Qatar, asking for help.  Others inside say Isaeli forces are preparing to storm Arafats office, and Israeli snipers are firing at will through office windows.  Looks like Arafat may be a prisoner or dead by morning.
Bill3508
View Quote

I had already heard on CNN earlier (before the obscene Connie Chung bit)- they talked with Arafats PR dude over the phone- he has even tried to call Washington and no one would connect him to anyone... so his PR guy was pleading for "The United States" to stop Isreal "and not abandon the peace process", these people are sick.

What is frightening is how well the whinings of the Palistinians are recieved in Europe...
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 10:00:57 PM EDT
[#11]
They need to drop a daisey cutter on his little fat terrorist head[grenade]. I'm getting a little sick of hearing how the poor "Pal-ass-tinians" are being terrorized by the Israeli's and how they need a "State" of their own...they have one it's called JORDAN...to the east you twits to the east! Need to add ALL terrorists to the list, including those blowing up babies, teenagers, old folks, and others in Israel...real heros, eh?
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They need to drop a daisey cutter on his little fat terrorist head[grenade]. I getting a little sick of hearing how the poor "Pal-ass-tinians" are being terrorized by the Israeli's and how they need a "State" of their own...they have one it's called JORDAN...to the east you twits to the east! Need to add ALL terrorists to the list, including those blowing up babies, teenagers, old folks, and others in Israel...real heros, eh?
View Quote

Hey, have you noticed that certian normal denzins of this board have absented themselves this evening? Not to name names...
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#13]
You mean there's normals on this site[whacko] been out of CONUS for awhile, so haven't noticed[(:)]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 10:52:24 PM EDT
[#14]
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/677951.asp?pne=msn[/url]

Yea, it's MSNBC... but it's still news... mostly.

Check this out.... "Hundreds of pro-Palestinian foreigners arrived Thursday in Ramallah to offer themselves as human shields against Israeli forces. About 600 activists, most of them European members of the group Public International Protection, arrived for 10-day stays with local families.
      “We are going to stay here in Ramallah, in particular, to provide the Palestinians with protection,” said French farmers union leader Jose Bove, who is best known for vandalizing a McDonald’s in France."

**I've known morons smarter than this.  This isn't your everyday McDonalds vandal, it's a McDonalds vandal with an agenda.  I sure hope the Isrealis can afford an extra 600 rounds of ammo.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:04:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/677951.asp?pne=msn[/url]

Yea, it's MSNBC... but it's still news... mostly.

Check this out.... "Hundreds of pro-Palestinian foreigners arrived Thursday in Ramallah to offer themselves as human shields against Israeli forces. About 600 activists, most of them European members of the group Public International Protection, arrived for 10-day stays with local families.
      “We are going to stay here in Ramallah, in particular, to provide the Palestinians with protection,” said French farmers union leader Jose Bove, who is best known for vandalizing a McDonald’s in France."

**I've known morons smarter than this.  This isn't your everyday McDonalds vandal, it's a McDonalds vandal with an agenda.  I sure hope the Isrealis can afford an extra 600 rounds of ammo.
View Quote

Yes, even after the lessons of WWII anti-semitism is alive and well in Europe...
If it weren't for people like these, there would have never been the need for a Jewish state, the Zionists would still be just a group of nutty Jewish scholars... and no one would have ever heard of Adolf Hitler. People like these hooligans are the real cause of this mess..
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:12:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Israel's Cabinet on Friday declared Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat an "enemy," Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon said, as Israeli troops entered Arafat's West Bank compound in Ramallah

[url]http://[email protected]/story/0,2933,49061,00.html[/url]

[green]I'm glad they finally got that straight.[/green]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:26:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's my take on all of this.

1) Isreal is our friend/ally that we desperate need in that area

2) Isreal needs to slove this thing, with military might.

3) Isreal has the weapons and experience to handle themselves

4) The US will be attacking Iraq as soon as we replenish our weapons/missles inventory, I'm guessing 3-4 months

5) A whole bunch of Arab nations(Saudi,etc) are not going to agree with Isreal or the US.

6) This can get really ugly and expand really fast!

7) My son is 14.9 years old, and it could be a long, drawn out war.

8) I support both Isreal and the US in what they/we are doing.

9) If the Army/Marines would take a 37y.o. male with 4 leaking disk I would already have been overthere.

and lastly.......................

10) [b]I STILL REMEMBER 9-11-01!!!  TERRORIST UNDERSTAND ONLY ONE THING----DEATH.  I SAY WE GIVE IT TO THEM!!!![/b]

[[:)][50][[:)][50][[:)][50][[:)][50]

Sgtar15

Edited because the evil ARabs infiltarted my brain and caused improper board code usage];)]<----see?  They did it again!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:28:41 PM EDT
[#18]
OK guys im working and the only news I can get right now is the live msnbc < they are talking about the COST of making navy seals > audio feed and AR15.com. Pls keep those of us in the dark posted... Thanks...

Cluster....
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:36:48 AM EDT
[#19]
This is the kind of thing that we do not need right now. Our war on terrorism has a broad enough goal to keep our men and women in uniform very busy for a very long time. What Isreal has very likely done now is truely strike the opening bell for WWIII. I realize the situation over there is nothing new, and that, the FIRST blow was struck by the them, and that yes, Arafat is in deed at the very least a sponsor of terrorism, so  in a manner of speaking, Isreal is only helping, But this thing is gonna get REAL big REAL fast. Expect to notice more and more of the regulars on this board missing, and hold on for the ride. We may find ourselves with far fewer allies than we thought, and be spreading ourselves very thin before this is over.

I pray that I am wrong, but if I am not, that our action is swift, viscious, and decisive. God bless the men and women in harms way on our behalf.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 2:44:41 AM EDT
[#20]
what are the other arab nations going to do? lose all of their airforce with out shooting down a single israely aircraft, I thought they learned that leason.
I have had a few bones to pick with israel over the years but for the most part I think they have the right to defend their people just like we do.
does anyone in their right mind really think that the hamas or other terrorist groups would stop the attacks no matter what israel does.
we could give israel the whole state of california and move them all over here and they would still come over and attack them.

they just use israel as a means to keep killing.
if they wern't killing baby's with bombs strapped to their chest they would be invading and killing other arabs.

Israel should just build a wall and let them eat sand or let all of those other nations take care of them. so what if their cheap labor comes from that area I think they could adjust.

they should also tell all the other arab nations if they want some step up to the plate! I think the world would be alot better off with a few less migs and mirages flying around anyway.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 3:00:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What Isreal has very likely done now is truely strike the opening bell for WWIII.
View Quote

The opening bell was very loudly struck the morning of September 11, 2001. Arafat is a murderous, fanatical, ruthless killer. Let our Jewish brothers do their job. The war is already here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 3:30:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Killing Arafat would have the same effect as killing bin laden, ZERO. (not that i don't want the later killed, but it would not stop terrorism, there are plenty of others ready to step in.) If you want all out war then i guess it is a good thing. The Arab countries that have signed peace accords with Israel will do a 180, someone much more radical than Arafat will take his place, and the killing will just go on but at a much accelerated rate, is that what everyone wants ? It's not like the Palestinians are invaders from another country from which they can return to, so they will fight to the death. I think killing him will have a negative effect on the civilian population of Israel as they too will die in even greater numbers even if a modern arab army doesn't take sides with the PLO, this is a very risky roll of the dice.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 3:56:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What Isreal has very likely done now is truely strike the opening bell for WWIII.
View Quote

The opening bell was very loudly struck the morning of September 11, 2001. Arafat is a murderous, fanatical, ruthless killer. Let our Jewish brothers do their job. The war is already here.
View Quote

For one war, yes, but that war is not WWIII.

Isreal's action itself is not what I have a problem with, in fact I don't have a problem with this at all. This has been brewing for some time, and all along I have felt that when Isreal finally got truely fed up, or was formally attacked en masse, things were gonna go to shit quick. They will, watch this closely.

There is a difference in a "World War" and a "War on Terrorism". We have been picking through terrorist organizations/states at our pace since this action began, not engaging multiple countries on multiple fronts, as unless this is handled perfectly, we will be.

We need to exterminate al Qaeda, then move on. A boxer does not beat his opponent onto the ropes, then turn to fight somebody else, he finishes the first fight before starting another. Otherwise he is in for a hell of a surprise, likely at a very inopportune moment.
Two wars is not what we need.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:02:33 AM EDT
[#24]
My friend Ncoom, who lives in Shilo, Israel settlement, was drafted --the guy is like 43 and a family counselor.  I never imagined he would be directly involved in the fighting.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:04:25 AM EDT
[#25]
The Arab countries that have signed peace accords with Israel will do a 360
View Quote

So they'll turn all the way around and wind up back at their original position? [;)]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:33:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Anybody else like how the Frenchies are going to the fight to surrender now. That is considerate, not making people chase after them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:03:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Now I ask, is this fair?

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/EricTheHun%2Farabworld%2Egif[/img]

View Quote

It leaves out places further east like Iran (Persian not Arab) that are enemies just as dangerous.  The yellow part of the map could be larger.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:21:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now I ask, is this fair?
...map deleted for brevity...

View Quote

It leaves out places further east like Iran (Persian not Arab) that are enemies just as dangerous.  The yellow part of the map could be larger.
View Quote

[b]MUCH LARGER[/b]
iran, iraq, afghanistan, pakistan, much of india, east africa, indonesia, phillipines....but my money is on israel.
these are going to be exceptionally interesting times to be alive. not always pleasant, but interesting.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:21:46 AM EDT
[#29]
I doubt that the generals at the IDF are losing any sleep over the threat from Mauritania. [;)]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:21:13 AM EDT
[#30]
The way I see it, Israel has two real options.  One, offer only limited resistance and military action (like they have been doing) and sit and take the continued terror attacks, or Get their military going balls out after those suicidal bastards. Of course, if they reall hit that hard, for more than a couple of days, we're looking at the probable intervention of most of the other arab states in the region, thus greatly outnumbering Israel.  Then guess who's going to be there.  Our boys will be dying en masse in that shithole part of the world.  I have great sympathy for the Israelis and there situation, but I'm not sure anything there is worth losing our young men for.

Or, perhaps our upcoming attack on Iraq is partly a right flank position for a large scale battle by Isreal. After all it would cut off Iraq, Iran and all others east of there from joining the fight.

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:49:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The way I see it, Israel has two real options.  One, offer only limited resistance and military action (like they have been doing) and sit and take the continued terror attacks, or Get their military going balls out after those suicidal bastards. Of course, if they reall hit that hard, for more than a couple of days, we're looking at the probable intervention of most of the other arab states in the region, thus greatly outnumbering Israel.  Then guess who's going to be there.  Our boys will be dying en masse in that shithole part of the world.  I have great sympathy for the Israelis and there situation, but I'm not sure anything there is worth losing our young men for.

Or, perhaps our upcoming attack on Iraq is partly a right flank position for a large scale battle by Isreal. After all it would cut off Iraq, Iran and all others east of there from joining the fight.
View Quote

Have you been living in a cave?  Israel has been attacked from all sides on three different occasions.  They've been victorious with only our money and information for support.  No Americans have died "en masse" in any of those wars or in [i]their[/] situation..  

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Here's my take on all of this.

1) Isreal is our friend/ally that we desperate need in that area

Sgtar15

View Quote

What need, desperate or otherwise does the United States have Israel in that area.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:22:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Israel has been attacked from all sides on three different occasions.  They've been victorious with only our money and information for support.  No Americans have died "en masse" in any of those wars or in [i]their[/] situation..  

View Quote

And our lower enlisted ranks are on food-stamps while U.S. taxpayer dollars go to fund Israel. There is no strategic need for Israel.
Now Turkey and Arabia are a different story.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:29:01 AM EDT
[#34]
That's not true.
Like it or not, Israel is our ally.
If we abondon an ally, we are viewed as weak.
Our allies will no longer trust us, because by abondonning Israel, we would prove ourselves to be disloyal.

There IS a stategic need then for us to continue to support a valued friend.
Credibility.

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:36:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Something that no one has mentioned as yet, at least not in a positive sense, is another reason for our support of Israel. That is because there are alot of Jews in this country and Israel is the Jewish state.  The connection to Isreal for many Jews is hard to describe, but runs very deep- there is a current connection to Israel, a part of Jewish identity.  

Jews are an integral and important part of this country, make many major contributions, and play many important roles in American life.  As long as we support Jews in this country, we'll support Israel.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:42:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:25:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Hey, finally a picture supporting the view that Israeli snipers shoot women and children in the head!! Oh wait, no it isn't.  At least I think they got "in the head" right!!

[img]http://foxnews.com/images/51593/31_23_032902_israel2.jpg[/img]
[i]Friday: A Palestinian gunmen shot dead by an Israeli sniper is rushed out of the area during fighting in Ramallah.[/i]

Edited to point out the "rocks" they are carrying!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:39:26 AM EDT
[#38]
This is just my two cents worth.  These events in and of themselves are not extraordinary. An Escalation perhaps.  THe Isrealies have seized the Temple Mount. If you see the Temple Mount Destroyed , then an all out war in the middle east can be expected. Since that has not happened yet the bloodshed will continue.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#39]
I think the Isreali's are a little tired of the Palestinians screaming peace the minute the Isreali's start to retaliate ! No matter what happens the killing won't stop, maybe we should nuke the whole region and start from scratch !

FWIW, the British had a name for radical jewish groups in Palestine in the 40's " TERRORISTS "
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hey, finally a picture supporting the view that Israeli snipers shoot women and children in the head!! Oh wait, no it isn't.  At least I think they got "in the head" right!!

[img]http://foxnews.com/images/51593/31_23_032902_israel2.jpg[/img]
[i]Friday: A Palestinian gunmen shot dead by an Israeli sniper is rushed out of the area during fighting in Ramallah.[/i]

I don't know if this was the picture or not but on the local news at noon they were showing this and the commentary went like "A Palestinian gunman fires his rifle in the air in defience of Israeli forces...and an IDF sniper answers." Those were the exact words, I was LMAO.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#41]
I was quite amazed when I got up this morning and found Arafat was still alive.

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Something that no one has mentioned as yet, at least not in a positive sense, is another reason for our support of Israel. That is because there are alot of Jews in this country and Israel is the Jewish state.  The connection to Isreal for many Jews is hard to describe, but runs very deep- there is a current connection to Israel, a part of Jewish identity.  

Jews are an integral and important part of this country, make many major contributions, and play many important roles in American life.  As long as we support Jews in this country, we'll support Israel.
View Quote

I agree but it is very hard to quantify how much that is a factor. Also, we're not the only external political power with alot of Jews.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Things sure are getting a little strange around here.

[peep]

Isn't that guy the same guy that was in the large pictures in a different thread??

I think it is, dressed the same.  Its no wonder, look at the large pictures and you see this guy with his thumb over the top of his AK. That is just bad form to begin with.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=104904[/url]

Third Picture down.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don't know if this was the picture or not but on the local news at noon they were showing this and the commentary went like "A Palestinian gunman fires his rifle in the air in defiance of Israeli forces...and an IDF sniper answers." Those were the exact words, I was LMAO.
View Quote

Mental note... Never "defy" a sniper by giving away your position and showing him you have a weapon. [:D]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:10:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Arafats "Voice of Sauron" is on the phone right now with Fox News Channel. Once again he is begging the United States to call off the Isrealies. But he is not prepared to offer anything in return...

These people are truly nuts arent they. They dont have any clue of how the rest of the world thinks of them...
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Arafat is just a whiney fat jerk.  He has been pushing for over 18 months and as soon as he is looking down the barrel, so to speak, he is crying for mommy.  He started it and the Jews are gonna finish it.  I just wish Sharon would tell the US his promise not to kill Arafat is null and void, then kill the bastard!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Does anyone realize that Arafat isn't a Palestinian?

The man is an Egyptian!!

Now the prospect of the US assiting Israel, that is a difficult thing for the president to decide. It is truely politics at the worst level.

One side, we are allies. We officially back them. Flip side, we need the rest of the Arab countries, oil. A classic case of Ideology vs economics.

We know that the Israelies have "earned" their land by purchase or by classic force. The Palestinian have always been trying to weasle their way into the land.

But we also know that if we piss of the rest of the Arab countries by assisting Israel, we are in for one hell of a shit storm. No oil, millions of radical individuals trying to kill us. Not a pretty picture.

This is why every US president has avoided the issue in the past. The stand back and "wait and see" has always been the safest for the US.

Unfortuately what Israel needs to do is take a stand and kick some serious butt. Take the land back, kick out the Palestinians. But again, that pisses of the rest of the Arab countries, which then Israel doesn't have the resources to engage in a long term confrontiation. They would definately need the US for backing.

But then we piss of the Arabs and lose oil, a million pissed of arabs... and so on. Oh yea, if we don't back the Israelies, we are percieved as weak. Which will then screw us in other fronts.

This is truely a classic case of "Catch 22". No matter what you do, you are screwed. Until we (the US population) sits down and comes to an agreement of which is the lessor of two evils, assist Israel, or lose Israel, this is going to be one the nastiest times in history of the world.

I do not envy the president that finally takes the initiative.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top