Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/31/2010 4:25:03 PM EDT
My girlfriend invited me to go to the beach with her today, I told her that was a great idea. Then as I listened to her coordinate with other friends it slowly dawned on me that there would be NO other guys there. I made a few attempts to call up some of my own friends, no success. So I told my girlfriend that I had decided not to go, every time we do this sort of thing she ends up chatting with her friends and I'm left sitting out, I don't have anything to offer on their typical topics of conversation. She got upset with me saying that I need to make friends with her friends (they have a very tight circle of friends) but I just always end up being the proverbial "third wheel". How can I integrate into my girlfriends circle of friends when they're all doing their thing, or is it just a lost cause? It's getting to the point where I need to do this or the relationship might end, she is with these friends almost everyday and if I can't figure out how to socialize with them I don't get to spend any time with the girlfriend.

Eject is not my first option, this girl is great, and I really don't have an issue with most of her friends, I'm just an outsider that needs to break into the circle somehow.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Try posting in the woman's forum.

It's the only advice I have to give.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't bother... you're there only as a showpiece.  If you start making nice with her girlfriends, she will think you are trying to get some action on the side.  
Just sit there, smile and respond when spoken to, and be attentive to your girl.
That is your one and only mission in this situation.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fo. Then run your own program.

Elaborate, how can I run a one man program?
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy a puppy and give it to her. Then make sure she takes it when you go out. Chicks love puppies. Hell, who doesn't!!! If that doesn't warm their cold hearts...Eject.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:29:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Beer...lotsa of beer
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Aah. The classic "Approve or Disapprove" get together.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Go, and be extra nice to her friends.  If you ever break up with the GF, it will pay off.  

Also, free peeks = profit! (assuming there is hotness)

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Let me see if I understand this problem.  Your lady wants you to go to the beach with some of her lady friends.  You don't want to go because you will be the only guy.  One guy and several ladies...........at a Ca beach........at the begining of Summer.  I fail to see a problem.  Maybe she wants to show you off.  Maybe they want a guy around for protection.  Maybe they just want your company.  I still fail to see a problem.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Don't bother... you're there only as a showpiece.  If you start making nice with her girlfriends, she will think you are trying to get some action on the side.  
Just sit there, smile and respond when spoken to, and be attentive to your girl.
That is your one and only mission in this situation.

YUP, she is trying to make the other womenz jealous by showing them that you are whipped a sweet guy.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Dip yourself in honey and throw yourself to the lesbians!  

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Good luck!

Well, not this time, because I didn't go, and yes, that's the problem, how the fuck do I get a bunch of women to "approve"? I can't wow them with my encyclopedic knowledge of motorcycles and MMA, or how tight of groups I can shoot, and I can't hang with their discussions of Sex and the City and what celebrity is cheating on what celebrity with what celebrity.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Why do they NEVER post pics in the OP?
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Bring up topics of conversation?  Don't just sit there feeling left out?

Social interaction shouldn't be this hard.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Let me see if I understand this problem.  Your lady wants you to go to the beach with some of her lady friends.  You don't want to go because you will be the only guy.  One guy and several ladies...........at a Ca beach........at the begining of Summer.  I fail to see a problem.  Maybe she wants to show you off.  Maybe they want a guy around for protection.  Maybe they just want your company.  I still fail to see a problem.

The problem is I go, and they talk, and I jsut sit there mouth agape because I don't have a fucking clue what they're talking about, then I get called "anti-social" because I didn't talk enough.

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck!

Well, not this time, because I didn't go, and yes, that's the problem, how the fuck do I get a bunch of women to "approve"? I can't wow them with my encyclopedic knowledge of motorcycles and MMA, or how tight of groups I can shoot, and I can't hang with their discussions of Sex and the City and what celebrity is cheating on what celebrity with what celebrity.

This where the "lots Of beer" thing comes in.  

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck!

I gave you the exact formula a couple of posts ago.  Pay attention!!!  
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I've discovered that this is a lose-lose situation.  If you don't go she's pissed.  If you go and don't talk to anyone she's pissed.  If you go and spend time talking to other women she's pissed.

Tell her you're not going and spend the day at the range.  If she's going to be pissed, and she is, at least you might as well be doing something you enjoy while she's getting pissed.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Politics, guns, motorcycles, and MMA don't make good conversation with 21-25 yr old girls.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:38:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:39:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:39:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Find the cutest and friendliest one and try to talk her into a threesome with you and your GF.  

CJ

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem is I go, and they talk, and I jsut sit there mouth agape because I don't have a fucking clue what they're talking about, then I get called "anti-social" because I didn't talk enough.

Collateral damage to hanging around with women, much less a group of them.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I've discovered that this is a lose-lose situation.  If you don't go she's pissed.  If you go and don't talk to anyone she's pissed.  If you go and spend time talking to other women she's pissed.

Tell her you're not going and spend the day at the range.  If she's going to be pissed, and she is, at least you might as well be doing something you enjoy while she's getting pissed.

On second thought, DO THIS!
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I just had a eureka moment, do what I do with the GF alone, ask a shit load of questions and let them talk... profit?
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck!

You sit on the balcony smoking a cigar and drinking brandy bourbon. Make your own path.

Excellent idea, other than I don't like brandy.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:43:42 PM EDT
[#31]
bring lots of alcohol and hope for group sex?
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Go, STFU and enjoy the view.

Is life really this hard for some of you?
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Politics, guns, motorcycles, and MMA don't make good conversation with 21-25 yr old girls.

Then what exactly do you talk to your girlfriend about?  I assume she's in the same age group.

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I just had a eureka moment, do what I do with the GF alone, ask a shit load of questions and let them talk... profit?

Asking questions is considered interaction, yes.  

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:45:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:46:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Then what exactly do you talk to your girlfriend about?  I assume she's in the same age group.  

the less talking the better right?
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

My girlfriend like most of that stuff, just not when she's with her friends.

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My girlfriend invited me to go to the beach with her today, I told her that was a great idea. Then as I listened to her coordinate with other friends it slowly dawned on me that there would be NO other guys there. I made a few attempts to call up some of my own friends, no success. So I told my girlfriend that I had decided not to go, every time we do this sort of thing she ends up chatting with her friends and I'm left sitting out, I don't have anything to offer on their typical topics of conversation. She got upset with me saying that I need to make friends with her friends (they have a very tight circle of friends) but I just always end up being the proverbial "third wheel". How can I integrate into my girlfriends circle of friends when they're all doing their thing, or is it just a lost cause? It's getting to the point where I need to do this or the relationship might end, she is with these friends almost everyday and if I can't figure out how to socialize with them I don't get to spend any time with the girlfriend.

Eject is not my first option, this girl is great, and I really don't have an issue with most of her friends, I'm just an outsider that needs to break into the circle somehow.

Congrats, you're one of the girls!  What are you going to wear?  Better call your new BFFs so you don't end wearing the same thing, that would be super embarrassing.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, but taking pics of 21-25 year old girls and sharing them with Ar15.com makes great conversation and perhaps whacking material....
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm sorry, but I think that's very odd.  I don't blame you for not wanting to go and I don't think you should.  

If you balked at going out with other couples or in groups with both sexes I'd take you to task but there is NO reason for you to go in situations like this.  I'm curious as to what her reasons are for wanting you there.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck!

And that is your strength. You will be an expert on all things that they don't know about and will be the envy.

Plus bonus points will be rewarded for when/if your current girl and you split up, they will remember.....

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Nah. Take a flask and get real fucked up. Good or bad, something will happen within the outing.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Gaylord Focker knows how to infiltrate inner circles

Pics of GF or GTFO
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Pictures or a 12 month mandatory ban and man-card revocation.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:49:05 PM EDT
[#46]
need pics of GF and friends to determine appropriate response.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:49:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quit being a pansy and just go. Make sure that you talk to all the girls except the hottest one (if not your gf). This will drive her crazy and it will pay dividends in the future. Trust me
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck!

And that is your strength. You will be an expert on all things that they don't know about and will be the envy.

Plus bonus points will be rewarded for when/if your current girl and you split up, they will remember.....

They're so uneducated on that shit, they can't even tell what an expert sounds like.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top