Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2010 9:48:55 AM EDT
A while back, in a shotgun news there was an ad for a company who makes mountable tear gas foggers that tie into your current home alarm system.  Does anyone know the website for this company?  I googled and could not find anything.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#1]
so tagged..

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I remember those too and wondered how well they did.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 10:39:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Called a "Terminator"

I havent see one of their ads in a while. I'd imagine the clean up could be pretty messy.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#5]
thats retarded.

increased chance of fire, CS degrades over time, and youd have to decon your house. those are just a few issues. i cant believe people think thats a good idea
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 10:50:46 AM EDT
[#7]
IT's OC, not CS. And no fire risk, as the dispersing agent is a non-flammable aerosol.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 10:52:12 AM EDT
[#8]
all it does is make a mess.....

answered an alarm call one time.....

they also had one of these things set up...

no one was there and pepper was all over the place
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#9]
That's what I meant by "messy clean up".
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 10:57:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Fog Bandit works better.  No clean up either.  The bad guys can wear a mask for the CS/OC spray.  They can't hit/steal it if they can't see it.  The system is even available with a panic mode key fob for a home invasion type scenario.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Yep,they are the ones that advertise in SN.

I have a couple of the tripwire activated ones-they are an aerosol can in a holder that mounts to the wall.String the trip wire and away you go.

I inadvertently tripped mine in the beginning (short memory) and I knew what happened as soon as I hit the wire,and still was choking by the time I got out.I have them in my business-opened the doors and it didn't take long to air out.No residue or clean up whatsoever.Someone breaking in wouldn't even understand the hissing/fogging for a minute or so!

I highly recommend these!

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 1:37:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Burglar Bombs!
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Burglar Bombs!

Yep,when claymores are a little too much.................
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#14]
If you have a monitored system, better tell them about it, and better make sure there is a notification mechanism in place to let the 1st responders know about it. If the system fires and responders are dispatched, its not going to go over very well with the polce when they walk into a hazmat scene.

Picture them sending in a CBRNE response unit in full PPE w/ SCBA

Seems like there is more potential for damages than any actual gain.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

IT's OC, not CS. And no fire risk, as the dispersing agent is a non-flammable aerosol.

You're house will be uninhabitable for some time, if you fog it with OC. Brilliant product

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#16]
What could possibly go wrong?
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 2:34:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I have one

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 2:39:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Fog Bandit works better.  No clean up either.  The bad guys can wear a mask for the CS/OC spray.  They can't hit/steal it if they can't see it.  The system is even available with a panic mode key fob for a home invasion type scenario.

costs $5000

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're house will be uninhabitable for some time, if you fog it with OC. Brilliant product  

Seriously,it airs out in about 2 hours with the doors open and a small fan.

The cans are small-fill a couple small offices,but they wont flood your whole house-just the area where they were tripped.

As far as first responders,they can pick up the perp coughing and choking in the street.It's only OC-even the military CS isn't that bad,imo.

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If you have a monitored system, better tell them about it, and better make sure there is a notification mechanism in place to let the 1st responders know about it. If the system fires and responders are dispatched, its not going to go over very well with the polce when they walk into a hazmat scene.

Picture them sending in a CBRNE response unit in full PPE w/ SCBA

Seems like there is more potential for damages than any actual gain.

The stuff is not hazmat.

I have seen this term thrown about around here by people that have no idea what hazardous material is.
VX = hazardous.
Tear gas, not so much.

Personally, I would rather have a system that puts an anesthetic gas into the air. Knock the bastages out and they will still be there when the cops arrive.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

costs $5000

Actually, they cost $2350 each and an extra $50 per keyfob.  Cheaper if you buy two or more.

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 9:16:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

costs $5000

Actually, they cost $2350 each and an extra $50 per keyfob.  Cheaper if you buy two or more.

oh, okay....i'll take 10 then

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top