Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2010 7:01:02 AM EDT

Myself and another team member tiled my kitchen yesterday.  I was working barefoot the whole time. He measured and cut and I put down thinset and laid the tiled down.  Last night, right before bed I noticed that two of my toes on my right foot are numb.  I figured it was no big deal. I woke up a lil' while ago and they're still numb.  Pinched nerve maybe?  Should I go see a doc? I have been running a lot lately as well. It's weird, it's the two toes to the left of my pinky toe on my right foot.

Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:03:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd bet it's a pinched nerve.

Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:04:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I would give it until after the holiday, and if they are still numb after that, I would hack them right the fuck off with an axe and drive on.

Okay just kidding.  I really would not do that.
I am guessing pinched nerve.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:04:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Aids, dibs on all cool stuff.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:05:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Lupus of the toe?
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:05:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Lupus of the toe?

I think you mean leprosy.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:09:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Find a pull up bar and hang from it.  Then swing your lower half around a little.   It should allow your spine to straighten up.  I find it helps my back when I am twisted up.  
You puddle pirate, you.  

Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:30:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe it's a pinched nerve in your foot.  I think I've had something similar when I went barefoot for extended periods.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:32:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Are you obese and have diabeetus
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:33:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:34:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I wouldn't say I'm obese. I'm 6ft tall and weigh 205.  A few extra pounds but I'm not a fatbody (I don't think).  And I don't know about the diabeetus. Dad had it but when away with diet and exercise.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:38:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't say I'm obese. I'm 6ft tall and weigh 205.  A few extra pounds but I'm not a fatbody (I don't think).  And I don't know about the diabeetus. Dad had it but when away with diet and exercise.

I wouldn't sweat it too much.  Same thing happens to me after a few days of serious labor.  I used to work for a commercial moving company, because I'm big I got stuck moving the massive stuff; I was in a perpetual state of toe numb for like six months.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:40:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Self acupuncture should do the trick. Take a needle and start randomly poking different parts of your body.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:41:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey, roundman, it sounds like a nuclear thrombosis...too much fatback in your cereal each morning...dibs on guns and chicks
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:46:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Self acupuncture should do the trick. Take a needle and start randomly poking different parts of your body.

+1

This works, try it!!  Bigger the needle the better.  Ballpeen rapid accupressure is another good one to redirect the pain.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lupus of the toe?

I think you mean leprosy.

No, he meant lupus of the toe.... But it's never lupus of the toe.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:48:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Lupus of the toe?

It's never lupus.

Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:49:32 AM EDT
[#18]
I had a pair of boots that would press above my big toe in just such a way that it'd make the toe numb for days afterward.  I just got rid of the boots and everything went back to normal eventually.  If your toes go gangrenous and fall off for lack of treatment don't blame me though
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 8:36:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Best call a toe truck.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 8:41:35 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I would give it until after the holiday, and if they are still numb after that, I would hack them right the fuck off with an axe and drive on.
Okay just kidding. I really would not do that.

I am guessing pinched nerve.

Hoof nippers work well...

Link Posted: 5/30/2010 8:56:51 AM EDT
[#21]
to be clear, I am not making this up like most of the posts.    On your hands and knees your back was sagging, you may have a small bulge in a disc, or morel likely just some inflammation.    Advil or Aleve will help inflammation.  

You need to do more exerciser to target you lowest abs.  To start with get on your hands and knees and arch your back up, with your head just hanging down. slowly pass a wave up and down your spine, so that you are trying to open each segment.  do this several times a day.  it won't feel natural because your muscular development is out of balance (or your wouldn't have this problem)  A good chiropactor would help you a lot.  So try to find of of the 10% of that thrade that is good at it.

you can PM me if you want more info.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#22]

You were on your knees all day.  That probably compromised the blood flow to your feet.  That, or you have diabetes.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

to be clear, I am not making this up like most of the posts. On your hands and knees your back was sagging, you may have a small bulge in a disc, or morel likely just some inflammation. Advil or Aleve will help inflammation.

You need to do more exerciser to target you lowest abs. To start with get on your hands and knees and arch your back up, with your head just hanging down. slowly pass a wave up and down your spine, so that you are trying to open each segment. do this several times a day. it won't feel natural because your muscular development is out of balance (or your wouldn't have this problem) A good chiropactor would help you a lot. So try to find of of the 10% of that thrade that is good at it.

It's funny that you say that I may have a buldged disk.  I know that I pinched my sciatic nerve on the left side years ago when I was in the CG for the first year. I was carrying the breach block of the MK75 through the ship, up and down ladders by myself, to the pier.  The next day I was standing outside my shop having a smoke and my left leg just gave out on me.  I almost hit the deck from lack for muscle control on my left side.   From time to time I get stabbing pains in my lower back that shoot down my left leg.  Weird thing is that my toes are still numb on the right side, never had problems there before.

Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Might be an allergic reaction to physical work..
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Bastard!!! Soooo, I'm grouting it now.  How long do I wait till I wipe it with a wet sponge?
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#26]
diabetic neuropathy?
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Pinched nerve from crouching.

Happened to me last time I worked on the deuce.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Pinched nerve from crouching.

Happened to me last time I worked on the deuce.

Wow, how long were you sitting on the john?
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bastard!!! Soooo, I'm grouting it now.  How long do I wait till I wipe it with a wet sponge?

well.. if you havent wiped it up by now, you SOL..!!

how did it turn out..??
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Let's see pics of the tile work!
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 3:05:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

wait 10-12 minutes before you wipe it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
to be clear, I am not making this up like most of the posts. On your hands and knees your back was sagging, you may have a small bulge in a disc, or morel likely just some inflammation. Advil or Aleve will help inflammation.

You need to do more exerciser to target you lowest abs. To start with get on your hands and knees and arch your back up, with your head just hanging down. slowly pass a wave up and down your spine, so that you are trying to open each segment. do this several times a day. it won't feel natural because your muscular development is out of balance (or your wouldn't have this problem) A good chiropactor would help you a lot. So try to find of of the 10% of that thrade that is good at it.

It's funny that you say that I may have a buldged disk.  I know that I pinched my sciatic nerve on the left side years ago when I was in the CG for the first year. I was carrying the breach block of the MK75 through the ship, up and down ladders by myself, to the pier.  The next day I was standing outside my shop having a smoke and my left leg just gave out on me.  I almost hit the deck from lack for muscle control on my left side.   From time to time I get stabbing pains in my lower back that shoot down my left leg.  Weird thing is that my toes are still numb on the right side, never had problems there before.

this is a bulged disc.  lots of folks have them and don't know.  But bulge one where it can pinch a nerve energy and bam!  Think of parking a car on a hose.  Something like that can be trimmed. they cut away the bulge with the 3 little hole surgery and the nerve is freed up.  Pretty minor thing as back surgeries go.   Other back surgeries are a crap shoot, but that one is highly successful.

Think of a disc as a tire with an inner tube.  a bulge is where you torn a hole/gash in the tire and tube has squeezed out.     (now don't take that image too far, if you get it trimmed the disc won't go flat as if you cut a tire inner tube  )
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:43:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Lupus of the toe?

It's never lupus.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 4:06:15 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 4:09:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Rub some Ben-Gay on your dick, it will help the toe, trust me.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 4:14:29 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Best call a toe truck.

It could be ptomaine poisoning also.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 4:15:03 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Rub some Ben-Gay on your dick, it will help the toe, trust me.

You silly sod, I'm not falling for that one. Everyone knows Icey Hot works the best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top