Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/28/2002 11:37:53 AM EDT
Well, my situation has taken a downward spiral. My question is, where can a 23 year old guy meet a decent girl? I haven't really checked out the market in quite a few years, so I don't know if I still have my "mojo." Bars are the obvious, but I want to stay away from the barsluts. Only quality women for me.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Get yourself about $200 together, and hit a nudie bar.  
Buy two lap dances at a time.  

c-rock
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Supermarkets?
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Get yourself about $200 together, and hit a nudie bar.  
Buy two lap dances at a time.  

c-rock
View Quote

For $200, I think it would turn me on more to buy a case of Lake City M193! No good titty bars around here. (I'm in ND) Again, I want to stay away from the slutty women. No herpes for me!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think there is any one good place to meet women.  You just have to live your life and hope to meet the right person.

Then again, you could try a dating service.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:48:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Unfortunately, I hear the best place is actually Church.

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Then again, you could try a dating service.
View Quote

Stay away from the dating services. Mostly liars and skanks. I have several friends who do the dating thing online and through offline services. They pay all kinds of money and meet the most screwed up people I have ever seen. I am sure that in rare cases, you may meet the right person...
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't think there is any one good place to meet women.  You just have to live your life and hope to meet the right person.
View Quote

This is the best advice. If you are not looking, you will find them. Just get out and enjoy yourself.

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Ummmmm, waitresses. Restaurants.
Local college library or sporting event.
Laundromat
Grocery Store
Church

Nowhere is a guaranteed hit. You just gotta keep your eyes open for opportunities on a daily basis.
Since I read some of the posts on your predicament, I would suggest that you take some time to chill, recover, and re-mojo yourself.
If you start grabbing at chicks right away…..they are like wolves; they will know if your wounded. I never had any luck with the sympathy card.

I myself am fresh off a relationship. We even lived together for some time, so it was a break-up and move out for me. Its not easy but, it is better now than later.

Happy hunting.

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:00:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, I hear the best place is actually Church.

View Quote

Why is that unfortunate?  I was going to recommend it.  You can get some used-up skank at a bar, or some nice chick from church that your momma would like.  The latter is the clear winner.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why is that unfortunate?  I was going to recommend it.  You can get some used-up skank at a bar, or some nice chick from church that your momma would like.  The latter is the clear winner.
View Quote

Its unfortunate because the good ones are hard to find elsewhere. I wonder where they hide...
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Take a cooking class.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Dude - relax. you're 23 years old [shock].  Tons of lonely chicks out there looking for a decent guy.  You are decent, right? [:)]

Church works - but it takes time.  Families got to check you out, etc.

Grocery stores work - gotta be fwd [@:D] though not shy [8)].

Good bet is via friends - let them set you up!  Some will work, some won't - good for your character.

Biggest point  I can make is you gotta initiate contact.. work on that "mojo" but not too much.  What chick wants to date Austin Powers?

Good luck & have fun  - it's a blast! [uzi]

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:08:06 PM EDT
[#14]
The last place you want to hang out and look for honeys is here on AR-15! Great for friends, lame fer chicks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:08:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Places to Meet Women
View Quote

Tijuana, Mexico.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:13:45 PM EDT
[#16]
hey, at 23 you can't even begin to see the BIG picture..don't be in a rush to meet any women..
Dad always told me that "women are like buses,wait 5 minutes and another one will come along"..Dad was right about that. Two final thoughts on the subject...# 1 its not suppose to be easy to meet the right one, if it were we'd all be happy and #2 REMEMBER...NO LOVE WITHOUT THE GLOVE...its a safety thing
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Not all women who go to bars are sluts, bud. I met my wife in a bar. She was with a friend of a buddy, however, and the "friend angle" is always better than trying to meet one out of the blue. I still have the scrap of paper she wrote her phone number on for me that night, and a pony glass from the now-long-gone bar. Plus two kids and a great home life!

The places that worked the best for me were bars, but mostly music clubs where I was playing guitar in the band. Chicks dig guitars. Not musically inclined? These also worked best for me, in order:

1. College! I met lots of girls in college. Consider a degree, or an advanced degree.
2. My sister's friends and co-workers (I have three sisters and hooked up with several of their friends before I found the ONE).
3. Friend's weddings (and sometimes funerals). A great place to meet girls.
4. Big outdoor festivals and concerts. When folks are partying, it is easy to say hello and go from there. Like St. Patrick's Day in Savannah, GA. I met this slinky blonde girl named Kathryn, a Fla GATOR from Gainesville, and ended up having quite a romance! She was so pretty, all my buddies would hit on her like dogs after a bone (unsuccessfully!). [:D]

Just have a good time and be yourself. Don't be shy about asking for phone numbers! Confidence WORKS! Good luck.

PS what's up with you SD folks and that guy Daschle? Get rid of him, PULEEEEZE!

OOPs - yer from NORTH Dakota. Never mind! [BD]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Seriously, if you are a Marine Grunt, you must have a good shape body.  

HIT THE BEACH!.....HIT THE BEACH DUDE!

That's the Marine do!  They hit the beach!

Lots of good chicks with great body out there!

Good luck.....And always keep a smile on. (that's important) [:)]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Seriously, if you are a Marine Grunt, you must have a good shape body.  

HIT THE BEACH!.....HIT THE BEACH DUDE!

That's the Marine do!  They hit the beach!

Lots of good chicks with great body out there!

Good luck.....And always keep a smile on. (that's important) [:)]
View Quote

Dude, what sucks about that is I can't do it. Yes, I have a decent body, (not like I look in the mirror and make love to myself) but I have a big scar across my chest from reconstructive surgery I had while younger. When it comes time to go to the beach, I'd rather wear a sleeveless t-shirt and explain to everyone about my situation. Good idea tho.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:29:36 PM EDT
[#20]
You know, you can find some real goood girls at church, and at the black youth rally.  (line from Coming to America).

toast
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Take some continuing ed college level courses (night school) at a local college or university. The girls run from mid 20's to late 30's there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Buy a lowered Honda Civic, get your ears pierced, buy a red ball cap and wear it backwards like Fred Durst. That seems to be what the hotties like around here.

Edited to add a fat bag of weed would help to.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have a big scar across my chest from reconstructive surgery I had while younger.
View Quote

Scars never stopped Rambo from getting women. Just tell them you got in a fight with a knife-wielding terrorist, they'll dig that. [:)]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Dude, not to quote a scumbag but I feel your pain.  Only thing is I am 10 years your senior and have followed the "let them come to you" advice.  Bad news at every turn.

Let me illustrate.  Work.  Ok, I'm high man on the low rung...4 years experience on a work-study program.  Cutie just starts working and takes a shine to me.  Go out, get jiggy and next thing you know, she turns into slut bomb/female dog.  Dumps me over the phone.

Next try.  Working in real world and cutie recptionist takes shine to me.  Well, she has problems (violent) with a coworker whom I am friend's with.  She leaves, I leave.  Work is not a good place to meet.

Leisure meeting?  Well, I'm a cyclist (mostly road but also mountain) and a some of the dope-smoking off-roaders were discovering why use dual cyclists were smoking them as the road riding is great training for off-road.  ANyhow, meet the Amazon this way.  She turns into Basura Blanca then got PO'ed at me for going to a mountain bike race.  She was aloof, possibly attention deficit disorder. AMF ADD.

Then mutual friends.  Ok, she was a FFW, former fat woman.  Formerly grossly obese.  Narsty looking picts but losing the weight she managed to look like Elizabeth Shue  (wowza!!!) and was a pistol in the sack.  Then she goes through a life-altering event and becomes a dipsomanic female dog.  Cut the hawser, captian before she drags you down was the order of the day.  3 months later she comes crawling back, knocked up by a married coworker 20 years her senior.  She wants to get back together because the father is treating her horribly.  And she regained all the lost weight.  Yuck!!! AMF, FW.

I've been solo for 2 years.  Get a dog, they are much more loyal.

FWIW, women want the bad-boy types that haul in the cash and have a beer gut.  Why?  Because such an animal will soon die, leaving them a nice life insurance policy.  Us fit triathlon types that will live into our 90's attract as much female attention as Sunday Morning Political talk shows. To women, fit in a man means not being able to scratch his back.  It has nothing to do with being able to climb 10 flights of stairs in under a minute.  Yes, on scale of performance, I can generate 1/3 Hp for 5 hours and have an anerobic peak power output of well over 3/4 Hp.  

Any Texas women out there want to prove me wrong or do you all want a damn beergut fartsack?  
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Scar - Chicks dig scars.  You need a good "war story" .... I was in  (insert exotic location) when I was attack by (insert large number) guys but I am really not suppose to talk about it...

I have had the best luck meeting girls through friends at social occasions. Just relax and talk to them and listen to what they are saying.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:51:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Buy a lowered Honda Civic, get your ears pierced, buy a red ball cap and wear it backwards like Fred Durst. That seems to be what the hotties like around here.

Edited to add a fat bag of weed would help to.
View Quote

Sad isn't it?  I have a lot of that where I live too.  Some how they are not so intimidating when they have to crane their necks to give me the "look" way up in a suburban.

MarineGrunt, The harder you look the farther they will run.  You have to resolve your self to officially NOT looking, and bam, you will find her.  Don't kid your self.  The girls will now if you really have resolved your self.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#28]
go on about your life. do what you enjoy. if you like books, spend time at the library or bookstore. if you like the outdoors, go to the park, the beach, the mountains. if you like shopping, go to the mall. if you like learning, sign up for a class.

why?

because it's what you want to do. and...

well-adjusted women are doing the same thing, for the same reasons. because they like it. this assures that you have something in common with them. after that, youre on your own.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
.....Get a dog, they are much more loyal....
View Quote

Dude, I was thinking the same damn thing. "Get a dog. At least it will ALWAYS love you and aways be faithful to you."

The only problem there, is I could get arrested for having sex with it.... uuuuummm.... did I say that out loud???.........
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#30]
 I metmine when i took my nephew roller skating.  The minute you stop 'looking' you become a challenge and they will come to you.  Do something that you like to do, that women do.  I wouldn't expect to meet her here, but you never know.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Get a puppy.  They are chick magnets.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Rent or buy the movie "Swingers".

Has plenty of advice, and its all true.

Many of my female friends totally agree with everything in that movie!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Amsterdam
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Scar - Chicks dig scars.  You need a good "war story" .... I was in  (insert exotic location) when I was attack by (insert large number) guys but I am really not suppose to talk about it...
View Quote

"Hey babe.  If you like this, wait 'til you see my 'Purple Heart'"!

Just don't say you got it in Vietnam.  Those women are smarter than you think.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#35]
[SIZE=6]CHURCH SMURCH SOME OF THE MOST WACKED-OUT GIRLS ARE MADE THAT WAY BY THEIR ULTRA RELIGIOUS UPBRINGING.GIRLS ARE SO PLENTIFULL HERE IN NY THAT JUST A PUBLIC TRANSIT RIDE TO MANHATTEN BRINGS A COUPLE OF HOME NUMBERS,MAYBE FEW GOOD PROSPECTS-BUT AT LEAST YOU GET TO MEET SOMEONE NEW.THE PROBLEM I SEE IN MOST GUYS IS THAT THEY TRY TO HARD.IF YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR ON THE HUNT YOU`LL SCARE AWAY THE PREY.BEST TACTIC FOR ME IS JUST TO MEET GIRLS ON EQUAL TERMS"I WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND FIRST AND PERHAPES YOUR LOVER LATER"IF IT DOESNT WORKOUT,HEY THE BEST WAY TO MEET MORE IS TO HAVE A GIRL-FRIEND WHO CAN INTRODUCE YOU TO HER GIRL-FRIENDS.THANKS[/SIZE=6]
[CENTER][U][SIZE=6]AR15FORME[/SIZE=6][/U][/CENTER]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 2:40:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Ok well what the one guy said about chicks liking the "bad boys" is totally true.  The more you treat a girl like shes not that important the harder she tries and the exact opposite is true, if you start going over board then they know you're hooked and then they treat you like shit....its a viscious circle my brother.  Now this is only true for chicks you don't want to marry.

If you want a girl to date and all that then yeah bars probably aren't the greatest place to meet them.  Some good suggestions are the laundromat, college, through friends/sisters/relatives, and the one key one that no ones said yet is Starbucks (I swear its nothing but a hangout for hotties with cash  [:P]) Also you won't meet anyone sitting at home so go out and do stuff, anything is better than nothing.  

See the thing is you and me are the same age and I had a harder time meeting girls til I got to college (small high school) and since then its like a complete 180 (can you say party?!?!). If you've never been there you won't know what its really like [<]:)] Just don't dress like you're gay and try to talk to them about anything and try to seem interested in what they have to say.  (and don't tell them about anything AR related until later...they might think you're [}:D]).... anyways hope this in some way has helped......
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#37]
You're a Marine and you're wondering where to meet women???  Afghanistan, my son!  Go East (or West, or wherever the hell it is from here), Young Man!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#38]
BTW, I would also recommend Russia and Ukraine.  The Philippines work well for a lot of guys, too. [:D]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 2:54:40 PM EDT
[#39]
No such thing as a good woman. They all have a crack and no brains.  Pick one that you can live with. Keep her five years and get another one.  Different crack but still no brains.  Keep that cycle going until you are 70. Then pick one that can cook and clean because you won't want any crack by then.

Sorry ladies. I just had to.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#40]
YEah Swingers is good, and The Tao of Steve.  It's the treatise on picking up women if you have a huge beer gut (or chest scar).

If you go out to bars/parties/festivals, find some female friends or acquaintances to accompany you. If they see that other women find you to be good company, they'll want to know why and get to know you.  As a corollary, if you're alone, they'll think it's because you suck.

I always notice that if I'm out alone, women pay no attention to me at all. If I'm with a girlfriend or pretty young female friend, I notice lots of women checking me out. Maybe they think that if I'm with someone, they can check me out without worrying that I'll act on it?  That might be part of it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#41]
I like to go to Mesa Community College to meet young Womenz.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#42]
College...

snagged me a Delta Gamma ....made her Mrs.QS.

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Met my soon to be Mrs. at the petstore, while looking for the puppy to buy to look for a Mrs..  Couldn't have worked out better, got one wonderful woman, and didn't have to house train a dog!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Mna, it's like hunting... You never know when your gonna finda good trophy buck. Could be when your unpacking your gear, could be on the walk to your spot, could be at your spot, could be when you leave your spot to take a dump.

Point is, you never know... You can tell the barsluts from the girls you are just out having a good time.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#45]
The best place to find a woman is in the sack!! If it were only that easy!

Being a Marine, why don't you get t oan AF base?? You know the young splittails in the AF LOVE Marines!!

[smoke]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Keith_J, You da' man. I'm 37. You are so right.

I hear from my friends that AA and NA are target rich environments. Yea yea I know. No new relationships bla bla. That don't even slow most of them down, or so I'm told. If you don't want your very own skank you can stuff a sock into your wallet and go to several clubs (In the PRK bars are called clubs) in the Hollywood area. If you lie well you can have your own succubus for a night. Just remember to exorcise her out the door early the next AM or she'll be pissed. Then there's "underground" joints like The Meat Rack where select older, rich women pick and choose, but we won't go there. At least I won't. "Normal women" is a contradiction in terms here in La La Land.

No, I like my cat. He never lies.

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:20:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Well, my situation has taken a downward spiral. My question is, where can a 23 year old guy meet a decent girl? I haven't really checked out the market in quite a few years, so I don't know if I still have my "mojo." Bars are the obvious, but I want to stay away from the barsluts. Only quality women for me.

Suggestions?
View Quote

If you are asking us, you need help!

Here are some ideas:

Go to the clubs and look for the low mileage girls.  (They are the ones who look as out of place as you do)

Hang out in restaurants, Denny's, Big Boy etc. Look for the 25-year-old single moms.  Generally, they are too busy to be promiscuous and grateful that you are paying attention to them.  

Don't forget the less attractive and heavy girls.  They will also be grateful without the extra baggage of kids.

Remember, if you have to work too hard, you are doing something wrong.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#49]
It comes down to this.

1. Women claim they want a nice guy. This is not true. At first it sounds good, but then they get bored. You have to "act" like you are bad, to keep them interested. Don't call them all the time, maybe once in a while. Let them call you.

2. If you are interested in her, she is not interested in you. You are no longer a challenge. You have to act totally disinterested. Act like you don't need her, and that you are too busy for her. Like when she is not home, call her and leave her a message. When she calls back, act too busy to talk to her, but do not totally avoid her. Make her think your time is valuable and that you are always busy, and she will want to spend time with you (but do not totally blow her off). If you are too clingy and want to spend all your time with her, then she gets bored and the mystery is gone. Make sure you go out and do things without her.

3. Just live your life, as if you do not need the girl. If you have "girls as friends", take them with you to hang out. Women see other women as a threat, and that sparks an internal instinct to fight for the man. Pretend you have other girlfriends. Talk to them as if you are dating others. If they call, tell them you cannot go out tonight since you made plans with "place female name here", or that you are on the other line with "place female name here" and then call her back in a few... And if you tell them you will not be home, make sure you aren't, in case they stop by... You could also wear an ex-girlfriend's class ring or something, and women will notice that. Its way easier to get a girl if you already have a girlfriend-- they can sense it, so if you don't have a girl, then you have to act like you do...

Basically it comes down to the simple rule: just get out and do things, and women who like those same things will be attracted to you. At first, while you are in the first stage of dating them, you will need to focus on your interests (besides them), and play the field and the small games I mentioned above. Later, the games will disappear, but remember, don't try to hog all of their time, it will eventually push them away, even if you think things are going well. (Don't let things move too quickly.)
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#50]
If nobody's already mentioned it, TAKE A COLLEGE COURSE.  Something useful, so the womenz in your classes will be intelligent.  Math is good.  Science is good.  Psychology is NOT GOOD (trust me).

If that fails, borrow a DOG or a BABY.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top