Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2001 3:25:23 AM EDT
For a TV network, RATINGS is the name of the game, RIGHT!

Well lets start emailing or writing ABC on how we are tired of Dianne Sawyers liberal, left wing ramblings. After this second school shooting, she couldn't wait to mention the gun as the problem, not the obviously twisted and troubled perpetraitor of the crime.

Lets all start telling ABC that if Dianne stays we are going. We won't watch ABC anymore. Their are many of us, and we in turn have many more lawful gun owning friends, family, aquaintences, etc.

Spread the word, send the message and do what I do. I won't watch any ABC programming, only a moment now and again just to see what comrade Sawyer is up to.

Come on folks, its time to "do" instead of just talking and complaining to each other here on the forums. If we can get thousands of us to do this ABC will freak.

Remeber, RATINGS MEANS $$$ FOR THEM! No viewers, no RATINGS.....

COME ON..... SOUND OFF YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!!!

[url]http://abcnews.go.com/service/abccontact.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 3:25:57 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 3:32:15 AM EDT
[#2]
btt
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 3:37:18 AM EDT
[#3]
"how we are tired of Dianne Sawyers liberal, left wing ramblings"

Obviously you witnessed Ms. Sawyers grilling of Attorney General Ashcroft this morning.

One difference though.  She is not rambling at all.  Everything they do is said and done for a reason, to forward the agenda and show how our new president is part of the problem.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 3:42:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree. I should have not called it ramblings. Its is a very calculated and serious plan to undermine the free people of this country and our President.

MORE OF A REASON TO GET MAILING!!!!!

LETS GO FOLKS, START YOUR EMAIL ENGINES!!!!!!

The media is nothing more than a cheap whore, $$$ is all that matters to them. Touch the money, and they will react!
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 4:01:37 AM EDT
[#5]
COMRADE SAWYER!!! I LOVE IT.....[rocket]
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 4:38:21 AM EDT
[#6]
She sucks.  There is something about the inflection in her voice that really pisses me off, like fingernails on a blackboard.  She is worse than the dreaded Katie Couric, who's no prize either.

Anyway, I have told ABC before that I wasn't going to watch their shows anymore.  But so far they have not gone out of business.  Somehow I don't think they care what you or I think.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 6:23:38 AM EDT
[#7]
But advertisers do.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 6:49:55 AM EDT
[#8]
If someone would post the e-mail addy and such for us to go to it would help. I have been unable to find it @ ABC.Com.Go network?
Thanks,
Lynn    [uzi]    [%|]    [rail]
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 8:02:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Amen 2 that, I haven't watched them 4 years, I wont even flip past their station, delibertly push the buttons on the remote to go around it!

[chainsawkill]<-ABC
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 12:42:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I could not tell you anything about the current ABC programming as I have not watched this commie channel for years.  As a point I don't watch any of the major networks as they all have major left leanings.  The only exception is our local Fox affiliate which is still not ideal but better than the rest.

I get my news from the Fox National News Channel and the internet. I live in an area with cable access but I get Direct TV as they have Fox and Cox Cable does not. If you don't get Fox News I recommend you get Direct TV as it is very refreshing. You won't believe what you are seeing as it is in such contrast with CNN.

Fox News has increase in popularity to the point that they outrank CNN in viewers.  I think CNN get's the message and are trying to change their image. But a skunk is always a skunk.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 1:27:54 AM EDT
[#11]
No matter what we do we all are still going to be on the firing line.  If you own a gun you are bad, evil and nasty.  My gun may have ended a few critters lives but has never done any harm to any person.  Now if we were to ralley against say an abortion clinic or person who has one then it a hate crime and the freedom of choice.  Our country is going down the tubes fast.
[img]http://www.trioofdeath.com/graphics/skull1.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 2:08:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Give me their e-mail addy and consider it done.

Kyle
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 2:25:46 AM EDT
[#13]
ABC sucks. Always has and always will. As for Diane....[grenade] right back at cha babe
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 4:17:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I will stop watching everything except John Stossel.  He is the only freedom oriented reporter out there.  It would send them a message if he was the only one who's ratings didn't drop.  Wish I knew his stance on guns though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 5:02:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 5:25:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 5:57:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Here it is. Go to this page and select the News link.

[url]http://abcnews.go.com/service/abccontact.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 5:59:31 AM EDT
[#18]
btt
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#19]
btt
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 11:26:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Ratters,

I think John Stossel is pro-gun, but he can't come out and say so and still keep his job. He's got a lot of enemies already, and sometimes has to jump through hoops to satisfy his bosses.

One time he did a show on school shootings and violence, saying how schools are statistically safer now than ever before, so why all the hysteria? He criticized his peers in the media, and plowed all around the gun issue, until it was almost unmistakable what he was getting at, but could not say the words.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 7:33:24 AM EDT
[#21]
btt
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:02:00 AM EDT
[#22]
email to abc sent.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:20:17 AM EDT
[#23]
You don't have to buy a [b]majority[/b] of the stock of ABC to have a say.  In most publicly held corporations, if you are a shareholder of [u]one[/u] share, you have a right to propose a resolution that you can speak in favor of and have voted on at the annual corporate meeting.

You can stand up and urge a resolution saying that 'Resolved, that the Director of ABC News be directed to take a more balanced approach to...[fill in the blank].'  You and your resolution most likely will be voted down, but if that happens often enough, and with ratings in the basement, ABC might begin to feel a little pressure from disgruntled majority shareholders wondering if that's what keeping their dividends down.

Just a thought.  

Eric The Hun

Link Posted: 3/24/2001 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I written and e-mailed ABC, NBC, CBS and a few cable networks about their unfair and one-sided view on guns. I never recieved one reply back from any of them.
The only network that shows even-sided pro-gun/anti-gun news or views is the FOX News cable network.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top