Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2002 9:36:05 AM EDT
Man, does this guy annoy anyone else? He's the slicked back guy that narrates those "Wildest Police Chase Video" shows on the F/X channel. I've also seen him narrating other over-dramatized shows. Seems like at least half the time he doesn't even know what he's talking about, just hyping things up.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:40:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, he gets on my nerve too!  I get sick of his one liners and stupid play on words.  I hate those mock ups that they do where he's walking through a fake bust or something.  I do like watching the videos though.

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Gawd, those things are annoying.  My wife likes to watch them.  I especially like the sound effect added to the helicopter video.  If I understand correctly, most of the in-car tapes don't have sound from outside.  All the tire screeching, engine revving & sireeeeens are added for TV effects.

Pooey.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a relative who used to be a dope cop in the Portland, OR area. If you ever watch old "Cops" episodes, Bunnel was a dope cop for Multnomah county i think. So anyway, my relative sorta knew this guy. When "Cops" showed up to film with him he got his teeth whitened and a $100 haircut. He told me that all the other officers called him "Cop Hollywood". lol.
That guy is SO annoying. I like to watch those shows, but cant stand him or the fake sound effects.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Remember him on ‘Cops’? He was on the show numerous times back in the early ‘90s in Portland or Seattle. He seemed to be a little light in the loafers, but I don’t remember him being anything but professional back when he was still in law enforcement.
How did he get so annoying? Probably by the same means that John Walsh became annoying.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I caught a rerun of one of his very early shows, and he was actually pretty good back then -- he just kinda narrated the whole show in a normal tone of voice and with fairly reasonable comments.  The Hollyweird types have apparently coached him to always have an "edge" in his voice, and the scriptwriters keep feeding him those really cheesy lines.

What I wanna know is, how come the "helicopter voice" is always the same guy????  I thought I'd heard that he was an L.A. TV station guy who was always sent out to narrate the chases down there, but last week he was narrating one that took place in Oklahoma.  Are they dubbing him into all the helicopter-narration parts, or what??
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#6]
From the forums in January the Honorable Sheriff was mentioned...

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=85731&page=3[/url]

And for the masochists out there...

[url]http://uk.geocities.com/johnbunnelluk/[/url]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#7]
[puke]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, but the guy's a master of using non-lethal techniques to subdue criminals.

He just shines a Mag-Light on his teeth and it's like 10,000 suns suddenly appear in the sky.  "OH GOD!  MY EYES!  MY EYES!  JESUS CHRIST, MY EYES ARE ON FIRE!"
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Have you noticed that whenever there is a helicopter tape being shown, its always the same guy giving the blow-by-blow! He sure gets around!

Its also cheesie to speed up the tape so that it seems like its a high speed chase. Didn't they realize that the time display would speed up too!

I stopped watching. It was just the same things over and over again, in addition to the aggravation factor.

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#10]
He does a running commentary on the PlayStation game, "World's Scariest Police Chases." It's just like the show, except that YOU control the action. Always good for a few laughs.

FITTER out
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#11]
hey FITTER, tell me more about that game! sounds cool! i gotta find it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:00:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Ever notice how everything is "A COPS WORST NIGHTMARE". This guy is a pompus ass.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:04:45 PM EDT
[#15]
He's a total tool. I get the biggest kick out of situations where he says the cop did such and such "as trained" or something like that and its evident the cop choked or f'ed up somehow and was lucky enough not to die or kill someone.

My favorite is where there's a high speed chase that (from helo view) the perp and the cop fly into a hairpin and the perp rolls the car and is ejected, rolling into the guard rail... Then tool boy says to the effect "The police officers training allowed him to miss the suspect blah blah blah) Just then you see the squad spin and loose control and hit the guard rail 2 feet from the guy. PURE LUCK!

(This isn't a cop flame, I was a cop before law school.)
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#16]
He is ALMOST as annoying as John Walsh, but not quite.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Fucking Douche Bag!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
He's a total tool. I get the biggest kick out of situations where he says the cop did such and such "as trained" or something like that and its evident the cop choked or f'ed up somehow and was lucky enough not to die or kill someone.

My favorite is where there's a high speed chase that (from helo view) the perp and the cop fly into a hairpin and the perp rolls the car and is ejected, rolling into the guard rail... Then tool boy says to the effect "The police officers training allowed him to miss the suspect blah blah blah) Just then you see the squad spin and loose control and hit the guard rail 2 feet from the guy. PURE LUCK!

(This isn't a cop flame, I was a cop before law school.)
View Quote

LOL, yeah. And whenever there's a chase and he says "This police officer knows the best way to deal with the situation is to blah blah blah etc." Like he's a frickin' mind reader or something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top