Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/27/2002 10:00:28 PM EDT
I was listening to the t.v. show COPS today and heard an interesting statement by one of the officers that was being featured.

He started off saying that when you are a cop you and your wife/girlfriend will only associate with other cops and their spouses during off duty. Then he says: [b]"...the only people on the street that you can trust is another person wearing blue [another cop]..."

It ranks up there with the other quote from the show from a few years ago: [b]"There are only 2 types of people on the street, criminals and victims"[/b].

Why do they keep saying this holier than thou crap?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#1]
And you're somehow suprised by that?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#3]
You are guilty unless proven innocent, unless you are a cop of course.

[peep]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:21:00 PM EDT
[#4]
The words of the few will taint the wisdom of many.

Unless the officer who said that on COPS is a complete cock, i seriously doubt he meant what he said word for word.

When on duty it's very easy to be leary of anyone not wearing blue.  We're constantly trained and taught that officer safety is our number 1 priority.  My goal each night is to make it home safely at whatever the cost.

Sure, there are some very arrogant, egotistical, holier than thou cops out there.  I won't deny that.  But the same holds true for just about every profession out there.

If i can give you any soothing words of wisdom here, it would be to "try" not to stereotype us and catalog all of us into the "asshole" index.

Apparently you didn't like the stereotyping comment implying anyone other than someone in blue is a creep.  Please don't do the same to us.

View Quote

And you're somehow suprised by that?
View Quote

COPS is a far cry from reality TV.  Try doing a ride along with a local LEO sometime.  I guarantee it'll be an eye opening experience as to what we go through day in and day out.  Plus you'll have a good time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was listening to the t.v. show COPS today and heard an interesting statement by one of the officers that was being featured.

He started off saying that when you are a cop you and your wife/girlfriend will only associate with other cops and their spouses during off duty. Then he says: [b]"...the only people on the street that you can trust is another person wearing blue [another cop]..."

It ranks up there with the other quote from the show from a few years ago: [b]"There are only 2 types of people on the street, criminals and victims"[/b].

View Quote

Maybe and I'm guessing here it has to do with some of the things cops hear or see.

1) I don't want to get involved.
2) Traffic continuing to drive by when your in a knock down drag out situation. (not that I expect people to stop but a 911 cell call might be helpful)
3) People that are PISSED when you have some depsarado at gunpoint and it is "interfering" with their use of the road, sidewalk, whatever.
4) Being cussed out for making a simple, polite, and lawful request.
5) Being lied to on an hourly basis, by victims, suspects, witnesses, and others. Usually big stupid lies that insult your intelligence, the 5th Amendment people.
6) People that have more important stuff to do than you. Evidenced by the fact that they refuse to yield to an emergnecy vehicle. Hey they give me an AED, oxygen, and medical supplies for laughs, what's the worst that could happen if I don't get there in a timely manner?
7) Having you fully marked patrol car hit by another vehicle during a traffic stop with all the lights "a goin'". Then having the other driver, sober, say yeah I saw the car quite a ways back............then get upset about getting a ticket for hitting the lit up police car.
8) People that call to complain when they get a flat tire and no one (cop) stopped to help them. Getting a flat tire as a cop and having those exact same people go whizzing by.
9) Seeing the apathy, depravity, recklessness, shelfishness and a whole bunch of other destructive behaviors that people show in their criminal acts, victimizing other people.
10) People on the internet that point out stuff that they think is holier than thou, in the exact same manner as they are accusing other people of.

Or could it be that LEO's sometimes get involved in stressful, difficult, or dangerous situations? And like all people when they have those experiences they form more signifigant bonds with the people the experienced those incidents with??

Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:34:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

COPS is a far cry from reality TV.  Try doing a ride along with a local LEO sometime.  I guarantee it'll be an eye opening experience as to what we go through day in and day out.  Plus you'll have a good time.
View Quote

I'm on the Transit Security Committee at the Base I operate out of.
Tonight a group of us went to the Control Center to observe the communications section and followed the visit with a 'ride along' with the King County Sheriff / Transit Police.

Good experience to have.
We have a better idea of how things coordinate between the Operators and Transit Police.
NONE of the Officers came across in a negative way.
I'm glad they're on OUR side.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't you like to hang out with people who understand the things you are talking about from your day?? Lets face it, the majority of us spend more of our waking hours at work that at home, so it is pretty safe to assume that you probably draw a lot of your friendships from work. The fact is that there are a lot of people out there who would do harm to a cop, on or off duty, just for being a cop.

It has to get old hearing the same old "pig" jokes from people who have no idea what really goes on during a day working in LE. I see plenty of bashing in the general discussion forum to understand why these guys would grow leery of society at large. When the people who are sitting at home decide to rip into those with their lives on the line for them, it could make ya question the guys who aren't out there with ya.

Rather than take the actions of a few to represent the whole, look at them for the exceptions to the rule that they are, otherwise hand over your guns, hypocrite.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 11:03:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder if Imbroglio would have the same outrage if the exact same little quote came from a United States Marine? I bet USMC "wives" hang out with each other, and Marines would certainly expect help from other Marines if the sticky stuff hit the oscilating device...........
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 6:37:53 AM EDT
[#9]
While my wife does associate with other known "Cop's wives", her world does not revolve around them.

I'd say that cop you heard is suffering from "Crainial Rectial Dysfunction".

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 6:52:07 AM EDT
[#10]
  You are guilty unless proven innocent

This is why my dad quit the force.  

We're constantly trained and taught that officer safety is our number 1 priority.

That explains the moto on the cars?

I don't want to get involved.

You are guilty unless proven innocent, unless you are a cop of course.

People that call to complain when they get a flat tire and no one (cop) stopped to help them. Getting a flat tire as a cop and having those exact same people go whizzing by.

But you have radios, don't you?

And the govment gives these people more rights than we the people, you know the ones they are supposed to "serve"

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 6:58:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Maybe and I'm guessing here it has to do with some of the things cops hear or see.

2) Traffic continuing to drive by when your in a knock down drag out situation. (not that I expect people to stop but a 911 cell call might be helpful)
3) People that are PISSED when you have some depsarado at gunpoint and it is "interfering" with their use of the road, sidewalk, whatever.
5) Being lied to on an hourly basis, by victims, suspects, witnesses, and others. Usually big stupid lies that insult your intelligence, the 5th Amendment people.
6) People that have more important stuff to do than you. Evidenced by the fact that they refuse to yield to an emergnecy vehicle. Hey they give me an AED, oxygen, and medical supplies for laughs, what's the worst that could happen if I don't get there in a timely manner?
7) Having you fully marked patrol car hit by another vehicle during a traffic stop with all the lights "a goin'". Then having the other driver, sober, say yeah I saw the car quite a ways back............then get upset about getting a ticket for hitting the lit up police car.
8) People that call to complain when they get a flat tire and no one (cop) stopped to help them. Getting a flat tire as a cop and having those exact same people go whizzing by.
9) Seeing the apathy, depravity, recklessness, shelfishness and a whole bunch of other destructive behaviors that people show in their criminal acts, victimizing other people.
10) People on the internet that point out stuff that they think is holier than thou, in the exact same manner as they are accusing other people of.

Or could it be that LEO's sometimes get involved in stressful, difficult, or dangerous situations? And like all people when they have those experiences they form more signifigant bonds with the people the experienced those incidents with??

View Quote

What about the other half of society that you never come in contact with?

1) The folks that don't know a single cop in their town by name because they never do anything that causes them to "meet" the police?
2) The folks that always donate to the FOP or PBA drives and DON'T put those stickers all over their cars because that's not why they donated?
3) The folks, right here on this board, who donated thousands of dollars toward the hero rifles fund?
4) The folks at the 7-11 or Wawa or whatever that give you the free coffee whenever you come in as a thank you.
5) The folks at whatever establishment that give you and your family/friends preferential treatment because of your badge?
6) The folks that carry around a PBA "family member" card and A-Don't ever need to use it and B-wouldn't flash anyway it if they knew they did something wrong?

[b]This is not a flame!  All you LEOs out there, don't let go of your faith in others that easily.  You deal with the bottom something % of the shit barrel and its definitely hard.  Just remember that there are lots of us out here who do respect you, care about what happens to you, and WOULD stop to help you whatever the situation.[/b]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 7:00:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why get involved. People get shot if they try to help, might be a accident tho.  

Hey, blocking traffic is a pain. Some of us have jobs we need to get too, so taxes get paid, and you can then live off our tax dollars. [:)]

Try and be a cilvian for once, maybe you will see the other side.

c-rock

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 7:12:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is not a flame!  All you LEOs out there, don't let go of your faith in others that easily.  You deal with the bottom something % of the shit barrel and its definitely hard.  Just remember that there are lots of us out here who do respect you, care about what happens to you, and WOULD stop to help you whatever the situation.
View Quote

[b]Amen!![/b]

Edited to add that if you have not done a ride along, I STRONGLY suggest you do at least one or two.  Before you critisize LEOs too much, try to put yourselves in their shoes a little.  There are certainly asshole cops out there, but there are also asshole lawyers, plumbers, carpenters, doctors, etc.  It's the assholes you notice.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 7:21:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 7:21:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is not a flame!  All you LEOs out there, don't let go of your faith in others that easily.  You deal with the bottom something % of the shit barrel and its definitely hard.  Just remember that there are lots of us out here who do respect you, care about what happens to you, and WOULD stop to help you whatever the situation.
View Quote

[b]Amen!![/b]

Edited to add that if you have not done a ride along, I STRONGLY suggest you do at least one or two.  Before you critisize LEOs too much, try to put yourselves in their shoes a little.  There are certainly asshole cops out there, but there are also asshole lawyers, plumbers, carpenters, doctors, etc.  It's the assholes you notice.
View Quote

The problem is asshole cops can arrest you for nothing! I have done ride alongs with my dad.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 7:49:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#17]
During my FTO experience I mentioned I often watch COPS once I get off...my FTO said it was a great show for spotting those what not to do techniques...Since I've been on the street I still see examples of what not to do and learn from those examples...Cops, like Paratroopers, Marines, Fly Fishermen, EMT's, Firemen and Skydivers often hang together as they have a common bound...another thing I came to understand later was my FTO explained to me "Watch when you get on the street how many of your 'old friends' stop coming around", sad but true...now within the Cop Group my friends are LEO's but have AR15's or are divers or flyfishermen...and last but not least have a taste for German Beer (which I stock)in my garage turned into a bar!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sorry, but does not pass the "So what?" test.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:23:28 AM EDT
[#19]

Hey, blocking traffic is a pain. Some of us have jobs we need to get too, so taxes get paid, and you can then live off our tax dollars.

c-rock
View Quote

Yep, citizens get shot all the time for trying to help.  Cops have nothing better to do than shoot innocents.  That's the most ignorant thing i've ever heard.

Cops don't pay taxes?

Try being a cop for once, maybe then you'll see our side of things.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:50:41 AM EDT
[#20]
About what you can expect from crock, he has a [i]hard-on[/i] for cops...

[;)]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We're constantly trained and taught that officer safety is our number 1 priority.  My goal each night is to make it home safely at whatever the cost.
View Quote

That seems to be the problem with cops these days, used to be their #1 priority was the safety of the public, ya know "To protect and serve". If all you care about is "your ass" then I would think you should not be a cop. It would make it easier to fulfill your #1 (safety of your ass) priority if you were say a librarian or something less dangerous.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:11:18 AM EDT
[#22]
More than often,the ones that talk bad about LEO are the ones that call the most or have been in jail 12 or so times.Yes,I do hang out with my buddies from work.They understand things,don't ask me a question every two seconds about something that happened across town,or better yet,call me at 11:30 at night to "help them out".When your back side is on the line,you learn who your friends are and you help them out as well.My brother is in the Marines.Same way with them also.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:23:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Seth, if you're in the Indianapolis area I'd like to take you up on that.  Never let it be said that QS is a hypocrite!

QS
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Don't you like to hang out with people who understand the things you are talking about from your day?? Lets face it, the majority of us spend more of our waking hours at work that at home, so it is pretty safe to assume that you probably draw a lot of your friendships from work. The fact is that there are a lot of people out there who would do harm to a cop, on or off duty, just for being a cop.

It has to get old hearing the same old "pig" jokes from people who have no idea what really goes on during a day working in LE. I see plenty of bashing in the general discussion forum to understand why these guys would grow leery of society at large. When the people who are standing up for the Constitution with their keyboards/mouths/pens, decide to rip into the guy out there with his life on the line for the Constitution, ...
View Quote

You were doing good until you got to this point.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Sometimes cameras make people say stupid things. Now most of the people my wife and I associate with are EMT's/FF/LEO. Those aren't all our friends. After 15 years of doing this job you make friends, go to BBQ's Fund Raising and put your life in each other’s hands. Even off the job. If I tell people some of the things I see they get turned off. You sit around a dinner table and talk about severed limbs, people lying in vomit, children abused etc. If they aren't in the field they walk away.

Your right OLY-M4gery #'s 2,3,6,7 in your post are right on. I only wish this bashing of ANYONE in ANY profession stops. You can't look at the .9999% and say they all suck. I sometimes find myself doing that also. And I also find allot of LEO know who the bad apples are. They watch out for rookies paired with them.

What it boils down to Yes maybe this guy feels that way, and he should have realized he was on National TV. That doesn't mean those who watch should make snap judgments about all LEO.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:46:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
About what you can expect from crock, he has a [i]hard-on[/i] for cops...

[;)]
View Quote

Hey,
try living around a big city for once, and know people that have gotten caught up in the system.

After a while, you get tired of reading about cops beating and torturing people in the city of Chicago.

Cops selling drugs, cops pistol whipping people in the streets.

Hearing about innocent people getting sent to jail, even death row.

c-rock
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#27]
I forget,

when high paid defense attorney's friends of yours tell you that,
its easy to go to trial in Chicago, there is ALWAYS some on the jury that believes the cops are lying on the stand.  

Guys gettig beat to death while in jail, by the police. And the police get away scot free.  

Why should I trust the police?  Cause they got a badge?  

c-rock
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#28]
OK guys which one is it?
1.My goal each night is to make it home safely at whatever the cost.
2.When the people who are standing up for the Constitution with their keyboards/mouths/pens, decide to rip into the guy out there with his life on the line for the                   Constitution, it could make ya question the guys who aren't out there with ya.

Are ya standing up for us or just trying to get home at night?
Maybe we ain't the only ones that are confused..
And please NEVER EVER again make the comment about "I only want to go home at night" Every time I hear that I want to say "go home now"
All of want to go home at night OK?!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Try doing a ride along with a local LEO sometime.  I guarantee it'll be an eye opening experience as to what we go through day in and day out.  Plus you'll have a good time.
View Quote

You can do that? How do you do it? Just call the local cops up and ask? Is there any requirements?

Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know about other people, but if I saw a cop in trouble, whether fighting with a criminal, or changing a spare tire on the side of the road, I'd be the first to stop.
I have a love/hate relationship with cops. While I recognize the service they provide, and am very grateful for it, I hate it when they enforce unconstitutional laws.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#30]
If being a cop paid as much as I make now I would probably be one.  For a while I wanted to go on a ride along but then I got ticketed for speeding on a long, empty road with nobody around.  Cost me $230. After that I was thinking Screw those damn cops! If they ever need my help, and I happen to help out, I'm charging them $230 for it haha.  Also when the cop associations would call asking for donations I would tell them sorry I have no money left, I just handed over two hundred bucks to the nice cop who pulled me over.  Anyway I think I am getting over being pissed off now.  So I assume you just call the police department and ask about a ride along?  I'm in a small town at the monent in King County (Duvall), so I'm thinking it would be better to go into Seattle or something.  Do you usually spend an entire shift with them?
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#31]
I see this topic is going no where fast.  I will try to be helpfull although this topic is full of ingrates like c-rock.

Liberty, to do a ride along just call your local police station and ask them what's involved.  Typically you just fill out a simple form, basically just a waiver of liability.  It's up to you how long you feel like riding.  If you want to ride the entire shift or just a couple hours is up to you.  BTW, thanks for the kind words.

SNorman, you admit you were speeding AND yet you're pissed off at the cop for doing his job?  You even stated your mistake cost you $230.  But now the cop is the bad guy?
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
SNorman, you admit you were speeding AND yet you're pissed off at the cop for doing his job?  You even stated your mistake cost you $230.  But now the cop is the bad guy?
View Quote

Yep.  It is a bit hard to love the cops when they are handing out tickets MERELY FOR REVENUE COLLECTION.  So, it's "To protect and serve, and collect your money when there is not an emergency going on and our quota hasn't been met yet".  So, I am supposed to obey an ASININE speed limit because otherwise, "The Cops" will take my money.  And the cop in question TOLD me he pulled over 12 other people (yes TWELVE) that same day in the same spot.  Nobody obeys the limit on this particular road because it is rediculous.  So, it is a nice cash cow for the city.  Please explain to me how charging me $230 made anybody safer, because I can see how it helped meet Mr. Officer's quota and helped fill the City coffers.  But I forgot, he's just doing "his job".  What if his job was to pull over motorists at random and ass rape them, would I be allowed to be pissed off then, because after all it would be "his job"!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I see this topic is going no where fast.  I will try to be helpfull although this topic is full of ingrates like c-rock.
View Quote

Hoe the fuck am I a ingrate?

Cause I read the newspaper?

Cause I am willing to speak up?  

Am I just supposed to sit there and say "I love the po-po"

"They are just "doing" their job"

I dont hate police, but I dont trust them for a minute.  

I learned from a young age, never trust the police, they are not your friend.  

I dont advocating killing cops, or anything of that sort.  

I just don't believe the hype about they are out gunned, they need more powers, or how the war on drugs is for my own good.  

c-rock
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Former Cicero Police Chief Emil Schullo and two reputed mob figures were convicted today of a conspiracy to steal more than $75,000 from the corruption-plagued western suburb.

A federal court jury deliberated for a day and a half before returning its verdict following a 10-day trial before U.S. District Judge Ruben Castillo on theft, money-laundering and conspiracy charges.

Schullo, 55, of Cicero, and Michael A. Spano Sr., 61, and James Inendino, 59, both of suburban Darien, were impassive as the verdict was read.

Castillo allowed all three defendants to remain free on bond despite the urging of Assistant U.S. Attorney Mitchell A. Mars that Spano and Inendino be locked up immediately.

Mars said that Spano had connections to organized crime through imprisoned west suburban mob boss Ernest "Rocco" Infelice.

"Infelice passed the mantle to Spano" when Infelice was sent to federal prison in a gambling conspiracy a decade ago, Mars said. He said that Inendino has been convicted of five felonies and is suspected of engaging in loan-sharking out of the currency exchange where he works.

Castillo said Inendino had to stop working at the currency exchange but let him remain free on bond pending sentencing.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-020328cicverdict.story?coll=chi%2Dnews%2Dhed
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
   People that call to complain when they get a flat tire and no one (cop) stopped to help them. Getting a flat tire as a cop and having those exact same people go whizzing by.

But you have radios, don't you?

View Quote

Yeah, and a jack, lug wrench, and a spare tire. What is your point?

My point was that sometimes some people expect courtesy and service from the police that is really just good manners. Think someone would stop and ask if help was needed?? Common courtesy isn't so common anymore.

I appreciate that others have said they are willing to stop. I would be careful though. If for instance that cop out in the weeds is looking for someone that just ran from him, or a looking for suspicious character that was reported in the area, he may not want his location/presence given away. People have a tendency of "lighting up" cops with there headlights when they stop to talk.

As for the "the 50% of people you never meet" I never meet them remember? Can't take free coffee, 1) against the rules. 2) don't drink coffee. No "special" privileges otherwise, not that I would want any. I look like a Union Sheetmetal worker, not a cop...........

As far as the list some of it was done funning, but #1 is run into more than it should be........

C-rock, I was a "civilian" as I have posted before I have had jobs like janitor, warehouse worker, pizza delivery, not to mention stuff like Corrections officer, security guard, that "real" LEO's don't always care for.

Some of my post was common sense. Would you try to drive around a cop car stopped near another car with the cop pointing a gun at the other vehicle? Had it happen. Or high tension power line down across a road, you know 3" thick carrying 50,000 volts. There I am cop car (sideways across road) near the lines throwing flares across to the other side to warn people. One car comes up surveys the sitaution goes into the other lane........ When stopped that other person said they didn't think I was blocking both lanes, but said they could see the power lines. Then they asked if the lines were live.......Like I would know, but I wasn't gonna take the chance they were.......
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has to get old hearing the same old "pig" jokes from people who have no idea what really goes on during a day working in LE. I see plenty of bashing in the general discussion forum to understand why these guys would grow leery of society at large. When the people who are standing up for the Constitution with their keyboards/mouths/pens, decide to rip into the guy out there with his life on the line for the Constitution, ...
View Quote

You were doing good until you got to this point.
View Quote

Thank you for pointing that out. I know it, I got very irritated as I went along, the last point should be dropped, in fact it will. My point was that if you aren't out there, don't pass judgements.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Hey, blocking traffic is a pain. Some of us have jobs we need to get too, so taxes get paid, and you can then live off our tax dollars. [:)]

c-rock

View Quote

This is a statement about ALL cops, not just Chicago cops.  And a predictable response from you.  I'm sorry you live in such a cesspool, why don't you move?  

I myself do live in a large metro area, have had a number of interactions with cops from different agencies, and have never been mistreated.  Nor has anyone I know, and the crap that our dirty/bad LE pulls gets attention.

You might be a great guy, but you clearly have very negative opinions of all LE.  Many of us don't, including me.  Most cops, in most areas are regular people doing a tough job.  I'm glad they're there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#39]
beekeeper1--

Reread who DScott quoted.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote
Your wasting your breath they will NEVER understand....ever... we've been profiled![shock]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#41]
DScott quoted and responded to c-rock, not you, so your very personal response to this kinda struck me funny. I understand what you are saying about not knowing the things c-rock has seen in Chicago, and as such I will not harp on that. I agree with you on your last point, and can understand c-rocks position a little better.

Fun for all ain't it??

No mas, so enjoy your day sir.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Thanks Beekeeper, [;)]

I am not anti anything.  

I have not advocated killing, or harming cops.   No statement can be contributed to me about doing such things.  

Now, when I heard stories from people around here, or read the stories in the paper, and my own personal dealings with the police, I can seem biased.  So what. I am just one person, in a land of many.  

Maybe cause I am willing to speak out on injustice, or that police know more people think like me than they wish.  

My own city I live in paid out about $500k last year in police abuses.  That comes out of my pocketbook. Fuck that.  

Town two cities down will give you a ticket for having something hanging off your rear view mirror.  Like a flag of some sorts.  That's B.S.

I dont ask anyone to pay my bills, so why should I pay for some JBT's power trip?  Answer me that.

All the man does is keep me down, and uses the police to do such.  [:)]

I know most police on here are good guys, and I like what AR15Fan writes all the time. Still, I wont sit there and pat you on the back.  You all know the real deal, so dont try and sugar coat it for the rest of us.

c-rock
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:12:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
DScott quoted and responded to c-rock, not you, so your very personal response to this kinda struck me funny. I understand what you are saying about not knowing the things c-rock has seen in Chicago, and as such I will not harp on that. I agree with you on your last point, and can understand c-rocks position a little better.

Fun for all ain't it??

No mas, so enjoy your day sir.
View Quote

Good God!!  THANKS FOR THIS!! I finally figured out DScott was not even talking to me.  It followed my post, so I ASS-umed he was talking to me.  After reading your clarification I have deleted my asinine mis-directed response to him and am trying to clean my mess up with this post.  Sorry, DScott for the rant, if you read it.  I hope you didn't see it was it was completely out of line, as you weren't even addressing me, but I responded as though you were.  My bad, and I'm sorry!  I will ride the "short bus" for the next week.  Thank you again, USP40C!!  [:)]
View Quote

No harm, no foul...

It [b]was[/b] a pretty good rant, though, I hope you saved it!

[:D]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:42:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No harm, no foul...

It [b]was[/b] a pretty good rant, though, I hope you saved it!

[:D]
View Quote

Hell no, I didn't save it!  I am, frankly, embarrassed to frigging death.  I have [b]got[/b] to quit taking this stuff so seriously.  DScott, I appreciate your understanding.  I owe you a drink (or several) at the BRC.  [beer]
View Quote

No problem, and I'd love to take you up on that (them) beer(s), but the BRC is a little too far and life's a little too full right now.

As to c-rock, everybody's gotta have a hobby, I guess! [:D]

You guys take care out there... if there's one advantage to living in CA, it's that the police are pretty professional.  That, and they always have the coolest sunglasses for some reason...

[:)]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
One of the biggest reasons LEO's tend to hang with other LEO's and family is shift work. It is hard to do anything with friends who work "normal" hours. I have a friend who is a paramedic. We have been trying to get together for the last month and haven't been able to.
Another reason we tend to hang out with co-workers is because we can relate to each other. Most of my friends who aren't on the "job" have no idea what I do and the conversation always ends up with them asking me questions about work. I don't mind talking about it but not all the time. I go out to get away from work..not give lectures on my job.
Another reason is most of us develop a very morbid outlook on life. Things that upset most people make us laugh. People mistake this as us not caring about our fellow man. It isn't that at all..it's a defense mechanism. We had a police officer in our province recently get hauled up on the carpet because he was caught laughing with the 911 dispatcher about a man he had arrested who died in jail on tape. Maybe he was laughing at the incident maybe it was his way of dealing with it. I tend to believe it was his way of dealing with it. This might sound like a lame excuse but..it isn't. It's reality.
View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:23:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What it boils down to Yes maybe this guy feels that way, and he should have realized he was on National TV. That doesn't mean those who watch should make snap judgments about all LEO.
View Quote

This is my point. This was one of the few times I have seen COPS and keep hearing the officers casually making statements like that ON THE SHOW. How do you think this guy will react when he encounters a civlian with a CCW? Probably with a felony search.

Geez, I didn't say all cops were like that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Good Show
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top