Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2002 5:09:18 PM EDT
Fox News
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,48954,00.html[url]

[b]WASHINGTON — The Rev. Jesse Jackson is contemplating involvement in the Israeli-Palestinian dispute and has had "private conversations" with both sides about the possibility, according to Jackson's Rainbow Push Coalition office.

Jackson initiated the idea and the telephone conversations with the two sides, according to sources familiar with the conversations.

State Department officials said the department has not been informed about Jackson's offer and reacted skeptically about whether it would really happen.

They can't control private citizens' travel but they can certainly "suggest" to the parties that any involvement in mediation efforts aside from that being offered by the Bush administration right now would not be appreciated, State Department sources said.

Currently, special envoy Anthony Zinni is in the region on behalf of President Bush negotiating a peace settlement. In Atlanta Wednesday, Bush said Zinni was making progress.

"I know we're making very good progress. Whether or not we're able to sign an accord soon or not remains to be seen. But progress has been made and that is where the focus of this administration is."

Last time Jackson was seeking a role in an overseas conflict — with the Taliban — he called Secretary of State Colin Powell to discuss it. It was never revealed how Powell responded to Jackson's idea, but Jackson's diplomatic role did not come to fruition.

Jackson has been on the diplomatic front before. In 1999, he negotiated the release of three captured U.S. soldiers during the Kosovo conflict. He negotiated with Syria in 1984 for the release of a U.S. Navy pilot, and was dispatched by President Clinton to Sierra Leone in 2000 to help prevent a return to civil war.

Hassan Abdel Rahman, the Palestinian representative in Washington, said he had not heard about Jackson's overture, but added Jackson certainly "has plenty of phone numbers" of Palestinians in the region. Israeli officials said everyone is welcome to visit their country and confirmed that Jackson had made some calls to his acquaintances there. [/b]

Donations for a one way ticket??? [flame]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I was wondering when he would rear his ugly head.  I guess he couldn't stand being out of the limelight any more.  I'm just surprised it took him this long.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Wonder how much Jackson will charge the parties to stay home ?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#3]
How much do WE need to pay to get rid of him?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:27:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I sincerely hope that the Reviled Jesse Jackson gets the chance, but, he should be required to provide his own security during any visit to the Middle East – and then maybe Georges Hamas' gang of butchers can, for once, do everyone a favour and rid us of this opportunist peddler of self-engrandisement!
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:30:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn!

[b]Rev. Jesse Jackson, the AntiChrist?[/b]

Boy, do I owe folks a lot of money on some bets I've made in the past![:D]

Eric The(ItMakesPerfectSense,Though!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope that frog eyed cocksucker goes over there and hugs a suicide bomber. In fact, I'd like to load him up with C4, shove him up Al Sharptons ass and sit him in Louis Farrahkans lap. 3 for the price of one.

In the voice of James Earl Jones, "Oh mother Africa. Take your children back"!
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Pangea could you stop being so vague about your true feelings.  I hate it when men try to be too diplomatic and no one knows where they stand.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Pangea

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey, Pangea,

Don't I know you? Maybe we worked together once in the Diplomatic Corp?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope the racist bastage does go to "help" out! Maybe he could fly in and then take a BUS over to Gaza to "investigate"...
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Jesse Jackson?

[b]Jesse "Hymietown" Jackson?[/b]

The "reverend" who never saw a flashbulb, camera lens or female staffer he didn't make love to?

Jesse the race-baiting, thousand dollar suit wearing, airport line cutting, bastard fathering, lying about holding MLK's shot up body, publicity whore, poverty pimp Jackson?

That guy? He wants to mediate? Forget about it. Let him french kiss Yassir Arafat, then run a fixed bayonet through the both of them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#13]
It's actually a really good idea.  Maybe the PLO can have him fitted for a three piece semtex suit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Jesse the thousand dollar suit wearing,....

View Quote

PUUUHlease !!  Do not sell the Reverend short.

The Reverend Jackson's 'Pimpal" Uniforms cost $2500 +.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How much do WE need to pay to get rid of him?
View Quote

Yes, I think of him the way Sharon thinks of Arafat. More than happy to let him go as long as he doesn't come back!
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 9:32:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Putting the above scenario into my "Liberal Thought Process" computer program, I get the following response.

"If his death at the hands of either the Israelis or the Palestinians saves "just one life", it will all be worth it. Hug.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Jesse has no shame.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#19]
His desire to grab a headline was just TOO predictable.

-kill-9
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 6:14:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Oh thank the Lord Jesse is coming!!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 6:26:07 AM EDT
[#21]
I think Allah will welcome him with open arms (and hopefully a pinless grenade in each hand) I've got $50.00 towards his ticket anyone else.

CHGOTHNDER
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 6:34:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Shouldn't he be working at the Rainbow Car Wash trying to earn money to pay child support?  That's a better fit for his job skills.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 6:37:30 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't know if I've ever said this before, but.....I LOVE THIS PLACE!  LMAO!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top