Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2002 12:57:41 PM EDT
The Democrats win back both houses this year (most likely), pass either a law renewing the AW ban, or a more restrictive one (most likely).

Judging from Bush's action on the Incumbent Protection Act, which he just signed, how do you think he'll act on another blatantly unconstitutional bill in 2004, when the AW ban in on his desk, awaiting a signature?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I think he would probably do what any other first term president would, whatever help make him a second term president.

But here's an original idea: How about we focus on the upcoming election, do our best to see that the Dems don't gain any ground, and see where we stand in a year instead of creating self-fulfilling prophecies?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How about we focus on the upcoming election, do our best to see that the Dems don't gain any ground, and see where we stand in a year instead of creating self-fulfilling prophecies?
View Quote

This is America!  What you're suggesting would take effort!
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is America!  What you're suggesting would take effort!
View Quote

Absolutely right, Grasshopper!

There's a lot of people on this site that will get involved, assuming they know where to focus their effort.  I'm pretty good about writing my Senators and Congressmen, but I almost always find out about proposed legislation a day late and a dollar short.  AR15.com has been invaluable in providing early information that I, and a lot of others, can act upon in time to have some effect.  When the legislation rears it's head in '04, we'll be better organized than ever to fight it, and I wouldn't be surprised if guys from this board got together with other forums and sites to start a massive campain against this whole series of stupid feel-good laws.

A little effort on all of our parts will go a hell of a long way!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top