Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2002 12:37:58 AM EDT
I'd just like to know from you out there? I'm going to go Grunt or ordences.

Edited to say? And why?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 12:44:26 AM EDT
[#1]
ORDNANCE
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 1:59:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Artillery, preferably MLRS (13M.)
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:29:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Grunt...

I have the utmost respect for both.  Marine Corps?  Or Army?

Either way, I vote grunt... because those are the guys who make it happen.  Bomb an enemy to hell and back... it doesn't matter... the grunt is the only one who can take the ground.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:39:53 AM EDT
[#4]
For our sake it sounds like you need to go grunt.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 3:20:03 AM EDT
[#5]
What that does not involve spelling...
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 3:23:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Artillery, preferably MLRS (13M.)
View Quote

Got that right.  Nice load on a nice ride.  I got my rating back in '91.  Before that, I was Lance nukes.  Too bad the Reserves lost their Combat Arms.  I was hoping to find a nice MLRS unit once I got off of active.  No luck.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 4:41:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
One that does not involve spelling...
View Quote

Duh...I can't form a proper sentence either...
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 4:47:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Grunt...or one of the other Combat Arms.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 7:28:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm thinking a logistics officer might suit you pretty good!
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 7:32:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Aviation... Is there other branches?

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 7:47:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Go 11 series (i.e. grunt)! Try to get as many Hoa schools as possible while you are still young (and your bones heal better).  I would recommend getting airborne school guaranteed in your contract, then getting assigned to the 101st.  You'd get two out of the way right off the bat.  Then once you "make a name for yourself" volunteer for RIP.
[8D]
If you are not into the Hoa tab-hunter crap, but still want 11 series, get stationed on the DMZ--where the real deal is played out every day.
[:(!]
Good luck maggot . . .
[;D]
Just joking with you pal!
[:D]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 8:29:51 AM EDT
[#12]
BG,

Did you sit down with your recruiter and talk about this?

Well, here's a couple of thoughts about considering what MOS to choose...

1) Do you like working in an office, or living in the woods/jungle/desert like a leprous goat?

2) Do you have a knack with machinery, or work better with your hands?

3) Did you want to get a skill that you could use in the civilian world?  Or are you looking for more of a challenge?

For me, the choice was easy.  I've been in Combat Arms units (armor and armored cavalry) my whole career.  I love working with my soldiers, going for days on cold coffee and no sleep, and doing tank and Bradley gunnery.  Some people don't relate well to that kind of stuff - and there's really nothing wrong with that.

So my advice to you is for YOU to think about what YOU want your service to mean for you, and what you'd like to receive in return.

A former Sergeant Major (and friend of mine) once said, "the slogan should be changed to 'Be all you WANT to be.'  An American soldier can do anything he sets his mind to."  I couldn't agree more.

By the way, do you know what "ordnance" personnel do?  You might want to have your recruiter be a little more specific.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top