Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2002 12:21:01 AM EDT
Any comments pro or con re: this organization?  Thought I'd tap your collective knowledge before I sent them a check.  Want to put my money where it does some good.

Thanks,

Tate
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:56:11 AM EDT
[#1]
They send me 112 mailing labels every quarter, I send them a check every quarter.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:57:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:08:11 AM EDT
[#3]
The DAV does alot for Vets in the VA hospital,
like transportation and Shaving gear (Free)
and Homemade afgans to keep them warm in wheelchairs etc.. Good group. How do I know?
My dad (Korea era Marine) was in the VA hospital in Albany NY until he died Last year
and they really did some nice things for those guys.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input guys - check's on the way.

My personal thanks to your dad, Wildweasel.

Tate
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Wildweasel, thanks for the post.

I've written a few checks to them (hell those mailing labels alone are worth it).

It's nice to hear first hand that the organization is actually doing some good.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#6]
When I first got in the Army, the unit had one of those charity drives, where if you gave something like a $10 allotment, you got a 3-day pass. I made out a $50 allotment to the DAV, and never regretted it. "Passed" on the pass, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top