Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2002 9:37:23 PM EDT
From AG Lockyer himself. Crime rates, especially violent crime, are up in CA.
[url]http://caag.state.ca.us/newsalerts/2002/02-029.htm[/url]
[url]http://ag.ca.gov/cjsc/publications/preliminarys/jd01/rpt.pdf[/url]

AW and junk gun bans, safe gun storage laws, gun "safety" device laws, etc. One of the most gun controled states there is, yet crime goes up. Gee, anyone see a pattern here.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:45:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Yah, I saw that just now.  Will anti-gun groups ask for stricter background check, more gun bans, make it even more harder for anyone to buy guns, etc?  Or will they come to their senses and go out there and stock up on guns and ammos?  
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Have they had enough??

Not until:

1) Women realize is more [b]moral[/b] to allow themselves to be raped.

(Not according to my morals)

2) A gun in the home contributes to suicide, domestic violence, etc...

(Like poison, knives, etc are impossible to use.
NOTE: I had a neighbor kill herself by cutting her wrist and drinking drano. it was very, very sad. I knew her fairly well, she had cancer)

Their partial perception and fuzzy logic really baffle me. They can see a small part of a picture but not all of it.....
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yah, I saw that just now.  Will anti-gun groups ask for stricter background check, more gun bans, make it even more harder for anyone to buy guns, etc?  Or will they come to their senses and go out there and stock up on guns and ammos?  
View Quote

No they will keep passing more laws. But I dont think it will be too much longer, some time in the next six years, before they are slapped down in the Federal Courts.

In [i]Brown v. Board of Ed.[/i] SCOTUS allowed similar sociological and demographic data in as evidence to prove that Jim Crow laws were harming the Black community in the south, AND ALSO to prove that Blacks posed no danger to themselves or others if freed from Jim Crow restrictions.

Hopefully in the coming showdown in the courts we will be able to use such data to show that jurisdictions that deny their citizens access to firearms for their protection are in fact denying them protection from crime, and that on the other hand the same firearms don't pose a reasonable safety threat themeselves.

The fact is that the "If you have a gun in your home you are 49 times more likely to kill a famly member" is just as specious as the clames that Blacks had to be segregated for "their own protection" and similar psudo-scientific "justifications" used to support Jim Crow and segregation.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#6]
"If you have a gun in your home you are 49 times more likely to kill a famly member"
View Quote

Oh, never mind the anti's are only choosing to count households in which a criminal already lives... brainless $#%@&'s

I had a high speed pursuit pass my house last night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top