Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2010 4:29:03 PM EDT
I can't imagine these being worth anything.

But I hate to throw them away.

Wife, kid, and I received them when we became endowment members.

Wife actually received two of them because there was a longer period between her Patron and Endowment status.

We are all moving up to Benefactor memberships, and were told we would get them again.

What the hell are we going to do with 7 of these things?  Are they really collectible?

Link Posted: 5/17/2010 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Start your own photoshop or traveling gnome style thread.
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll call them in the morning and see if they can just send me a hat instead of 3 more statues.

Link Posted: 5/17/2010 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait, you'll have enough to make a kick ass Appleseed recruitment video!
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 4:58:55 PM EDT
[#5]
that would look nice over my fireplace on the mantle.
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You could always give them away.

I just noticed there is a little brass name plate included with our names engraved.

I didn't notice the tiny screw holes on the base until I looked at the picture I posted.

Link Posted: 5/17/2010 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#7]
HA

BEST PART YET...

Made in China
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
HA

BEST PART YET...

Made in China

yeah, most of their junk is.  That's why I always opt for the Case knife at the banquets and the Americap hats instead of the statues and other junk they give you at the door.

Put it in the pay it forward thread?  Give it to team members named "masfonos"?  
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Put me on the list if you decide to give away or sell.  I am an endowment member but didn't get one of those.  :(
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 5:16:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm only a Life Member, but I'd be glad to take one off your hands, if you wanted to part with it.  Pretty nice looking.

By the way, what's the difference between Life and Endowment, I make the same payment every year?  That'd get pricey...
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 5:16:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Browse through the NRA catalog and see if there is something else you might want instead and ask for that.
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Im an NRA member and love that stuff, so if you decide to ditch them let me know, Ill pay to get one shipped to me!
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Just one more and you've got all the pawns for one side of a chess set.
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 5:20:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just one more and you've got all the pawns for one side of a chess set.

Player 2 has entered the game

Link Posted: 5/17/2010 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#15]
That would look great on top my safe. I'd buy one!
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I have one for upgrading to Benefactor (woo hoo).  It sits in the living room of my trailer right now.  If any S.O.B. were to try and take it...well, they'd have a fight on their hands.
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I just got one via UPS today.  I have no idea why.   I've been a life member for a long long time, but I've actually never gotten anything before.
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#18]
They make great scaled targets for simulating long range head shots.
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#19]
They make a very good discussion piece for why the statue is a minuteman who would take up arms against a tyrant government, but yet every speaker at an NRA function starts out with “I will never forget duck hunting with my father…..” NRA Life Member, BTW.
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#20]
You could say give one to an arfcom life member and NRA EPL member, that happens to live in Texas who could put it on his desk at work.

Just sayin
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I can't imagine these being worth anything.

But I hate to throw them away.

Wife, kid, and I received them when we became endowment members.

Wife actually received two of them because there was a longer period between her Patron and Endowment status.

We are all moving up to Benefactor memberships, and were told we would get them again.

What the hell are we going to do with 7 of these things? Are they really collectible?

http://home.mchsi.com/~the_reaper/NRA.jpg

Donate them to a local Friends of NRA event in your state, and get a tax write-off.

http://www.friendsofnra.org/Events.aspx?sid=16&sc=IA

Better yet, VOLUNTEER to help a local Friends of NRA Committee, or event/banquet.

HKO

Link Posted: 5/20/2010 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, made in China.  just about sent back the hat they sent me last renewal.  Really pissed me off.  Biggest pro American pro gunorganization out there and they pass out ROC garbage to their supporters.  That being said, I did like the light/lamp thing they sent, very handy.

Wes
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Cut them off of the base and play army men with them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 2:42:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yeah, made in China.  just about sent back the hat they sent me last renewal.  Really pissed me off.  Biggest pro American pro gunorganization out there and they pass out ROC garbage to their supporters.  That being said, I did like the light/lamp thing they sent, very handy.

Wes

I have a bunch of FNRA hats by Americap
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Glad I checked my subscriptions, I thought this thread was dead.

I called the NRA and requested that instead of sending me 3 more statues, to just send me plain old NRA caps.

Lady on the phone was awfully flustered.  Wanted to talk me into a bullet plaque or Bowie knife, but finally said she would take care of it.

Anyone want to bet I get 3 caps plus 3 statues?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top