Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2002 3:54:19 PM EDT

Hi, my name is Lckydevl and I am a newbie [:D]

I thought I would jump right in like the established members told me to with an interesting subject. It may have already been brought up but I could not find it.

In southwestern Florida a very large triangular area of sea water has turned black and is full of jelly like substances. It is void of all marine life. Local marine biologists have no answers to what this phenomena is. They have taken water samples but still no answers. I would also like to point out that there is no cloud cover in this area either. This is very spooky stuff to me folks. This is not a small area. It covers from a straight line from the Keys to Naples and back to the coast.
     Is there any South Floridians here that can add something to the info I am getting? Oh and this is not a joke. I will try and add a URL when I figure out how.....Back in a few  
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Here's the link  [url]http://www.accessatlanta.com/partners/wsbtv/weather/blkwater0326.html[/url]

Make sure and go through the picture links. It is eerie how no clouds are forming over this area but everywhere surrounding it is covered. I wonder why the national news have not picked up on this story?

Link Posted: 3/26/2002 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#2]
lkydevl,

Welcome aboard.  I did hear about this on the radio.  A 3 second sound byte.  It left me wondering what the heck is that about.  This does the same.  Basically - they don't know.  Hey, inquiring minds want to know.  What the heck is in those water samples?

I smell a govt coverup.  Hmmmm, Blackwatergate?

James
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#4]

One thing that bothers me that hasn't been brought up in the papers and tv news media. Didn't the terrorists spend alot of time training in Florida?

I know its a stretch but if someone did want to purposely contaminate the sea water or shoreline. They could do it unnoticed from offshore and no one would ever be the wiser.

This deal with no clouds has got me spooked and yes I watch the X-Files religously.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

One thing that bothers me that hasn't been brought up in the papers and tv news media. Didn't the terrorists spend alot of time training in Florida?

I know its a stretch but if someone did want to purposely contaminate the sea water or shoreline. They could do it unnoticed from offshore and no one would ever be the wiser.

This deal with no clouds has got me spooked and yes I watch the X-Files religously.
View Quote

Nah, the terrorists only spend their time at the flight schools down here crashing planes into buildings and gambling on the cruise ships.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe it's the runoff from all this ridiculous unchecked development up here in Orlando.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Saw it in the Sarasota Herald Tribune this morning. My first thought was "what are we dumping in the Glades now?" Run off from the Glades is killing the Florida reefs. Anyway this paragraph is straight from the article.

"Only one previous incident of black water has been reported, said Beverly Roberts, research administrator for Florida Marine Research Institute. In 1902, marine biologist A.G. Mayer wrote in his study, "The Tortugas as a Station in Research and Biology," that when he was traveling from Key West to the Tortugas aboard the supply vessel Activa, the water was "cypress stained" -- almost black -- and there were fish kills and coral die-offs wherever it was present."

1902! Huh, guess we'll have to wait and see what the tests show, but it doesn't sound like it's the first time it's happened.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#8]
It's the fungus stupid! lol

Seriously, I recall reading something about some rootless marine plant that tangles ships and create a dead zone in the sea near the bahamas. It was noticed as early as the days of Columbus, not sure if this is the same thing though. It's a periodic thing, not sure how frequently this happens though
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:16:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Seriously, I recall reading something about some rootless marine plant that tangles ships and create a dead zone in the sea near the bahamas. It was noticed as early as the days of Columbus, not sure if this is the same thing though. It's a periodic thing, not sure how frequently this happens though
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#10]
maybe it is related to the ruskis drilling to hell:

[url]http://ship-of-fools.com/Myths/03Myth.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
... I smell a govt coverup.  Hmmmm, Blackwatergate?

James
View Quote

LMFAO
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

The fungus amongus!

You're talking about the Sargasso Sea, which is nothing but a vast area covered with Sargassum, a knid of seaweed. I don't really think it can tangle a ship's screws, at least not on a naval vessel or cruise ship.

Anyone ever seen a B-movie about some kind of colony living out in wrecked ships on the Sargasso Sea? I remember it from when I was a kid - there were people who walked out on the seaweed wearing "snowshoes" and for some reason they had "balloons" on wires above their shoulders. They'd caught the crew of a ship that somehow got caught in the area, and had all sorts of B-movie fun with them. I would be surprised if Joe Bob Briggs hasn't reviewed this movie...although I don't remember much in the way of a breast count from it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#14]
What I find most interesting about this is that although the phenomenon is real and has been investigated for several months, NOBODY has published any conclusions based on any lab results yet.

How long does it take to say "We ran samples through the lab and we don't know what we have here" or "We found a substance in the water that we haven't been able to identify yet" ???

I'm less disturbed about the fact that the black water exists than I am about the fact that no agency has yet published ANY findings on it except for photographs.

I don't know WHAT to think about this.

CJ

Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Railhead, also saw the article in SRQ Herald Tribune this morning. "Dark Waters menace Fl Keys." This reminds me of the old George Carlin routine; "A man has barricaded himself in his appartment this morning but he is un-armed and nobody is paying any attention to him."
    According to Fla. Marine Research Institute," People have reported seeing no dead birds or fish...and this has been around since January." Another non-event.

Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:38:04 AM EDT
[#16]
It's the "Black Lodge".

Watch out for BOB and Agent Cooper. [peep]

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:42:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Please tell me I didn't click this link and read this "informative" site...  [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/anon.gif[/img]

Yum, the internet, the greatest source of knowledge yet devised...or the greatest waste of time ever thought up.

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Alien bugs have shot a load of crap at us and it landed in the ocean, where it is now trying to come together to fulfill it's evil intent.

I thought everyone knew this!
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#19]
I read this on another website.  Sorry but, I can't find any link, etc..

There is a "private" company down in south Fla. called DynOmat that has been spraying clouds that they were claiming to have co-operation with the weather service in watching them on radar make a cloud dissipate. They claim on their website that the chemicals & polymers absorb 2000% of its own weight in water & fall to earth as a "harmless" gel. The black water found offshore is in the location of their experiments.  

Okay. Here is the link where I read this. Read the posts about "chemtrails".

[url]www.frugalsquirrels.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=23[/url]

Edited to add link
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I smell a govt coverup.  Hmmmm, Blackwatergate?

James
View Quote

Oh, boy.   I'd [i]love[/i] to see how the NAACP reacts to that!
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Perhaps we should ask Fidel...[):)]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 1:01:47 PM EDT
[#22]
[b]Billy Causey, superintendent of the Sanctuary, told the Naples Daily News recently that there is real concern in the scientific community about the overall health of the Gulf.

Causey said contributing to the problems afflicting the shallow body is global warming, extended periods when the Gulf waters aren't cooling in the winter, and the growing impact of human activity along coastlines.

"What we're seeing is part of a bigger picture," Causey said. "We're seeing accelerated problems around periods of elevated temperatures."

Those problems, beginning in the early 1980s, include more frequent and longer lasting coral bleaching events that by 1990 were affecting stouter coral reefs closer to shore and more adapted to wide temperature swings.[/b]

Jackass.

Link Posted: 3/27/2002 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Please tell me I didn't click this link and read this "informative" site...  [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/anon.gif[/img]

Yum, the internet, the greatest source of knowledge yet devised...or the greatest waste of time ever thought up.

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]
View Quote

If you read down far enough you get to the part where some norweigen guy says "I made the whole thing up." It's real man. Read about "Mel's Hole". Art Bell's show is funny stuff.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 1:57:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

The fungus amongus!

You're talking about the Sargasso Sea, which is nothing but a vast area covered with Sargassum, a knid of seaweed. I don't really think it can tangle a ship's screws, at least not on a naval vessel or cruise ship.

Anyone ever seen a B-movie about some kind of colony living out in wrecked ships on the Sargasso Sea? I remember it from when I was a kid - there were people who walked out on the seaweed wearing "snowshoes" and for some reason they had "balloons" on wires above their shoulders. They'd caught the crew of a ship that somehow got caught in the area, and had all sorts of B-movie fun with them. I would be surprised if Joe Bob Briggs hasn't reviewed this movie...although I don't remember much in the way of a breast count from it.
View Quote

Dammit NH2112, "Joe Bob Briggs" lived in my small Texas town when he developed that Drive-In Movie Critic stuff.  Got famous and moved off...probably to Hollywierd.  KellyR (better half of DonR) probably knew him too.

Multiple aardvarking.

[:D]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I have heard about the Dynomat experiments....
They call it DynoStorm. They also make a decent gun cleaning mat. It absorbs spilled solvents, oils, etc, and does not leak though the backing. It looks like a piece of black carpet.
You can buy a big roll of the stuff, and cut your own if you want, or you can buy it precut.
I use it to line the tops of my work benches.

[URL]http://www.dynomat.com/guncleaningmat.shtml[/URL]
[URL]http://www.dynomat.com/storm.shtml[/URL]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#26]

"Something wonderful..." [(:|)]

Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Below is copy of quick email I sent to the journalist responsible for the article.
I used the term "agenda", I must be a nut! [:D] I am just sick of hearing about the "Global Warming" threat. Total BS.

Tin-foil hat on!
-Boom

"Billy Causey, superintendent of the Sanctuary, told the Naples Daily News recently that there is real concern in the scientific community about the overall health of the Gulf.
Causey said contributing to the problems afflicting the shallow body is global warming, extended periods when the Gulf waters aren't cooling in the winter, and the growing impact of human activity along coastlines.
"What we're seeing is part of a bigger picture," Causey said. "We're seeing accelerated problems around periods of elevated temperatures."
Those problems, beginning in the early 1980s, include more frequent and longer lasting coral bleaching events that by 1990 were affecting stouter coral reefs closer to shore and more adapted to wide temperature swings."

[b]Cathy,
These quotes relate HOW to the "Black Water Mystery"? You are falsely giving readers the impression that "global warming" has been a direct cause of the phenomenon. Is the propagation of the "global warming" theory is a requisite of the Naples Daily News agenda?
I don't know what the black-colored water consists of.  Your article does not offer any scientific information into the mystery. Is it man-made, synthetic, or is it even organic? You don't know either. However, you have no problem throwing the "global warming" spook into your article.
Shame on you.
Mr. Boomholzer[/b]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#29]
I know EXACTLY what it is:

There's a large cult (Maybe a quarter million members) that lives in and around the everglades that believes that God wants them to take just ONE bath per year in February.  What you are seeing is their communal bathwater making its way into the ocean.

I could make this really offensive and adapt this theory to one ethnic group or another, but I'd rather not...!

CJ

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top