Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2002 3:46:42 PM EDT
We were talking about vilence in society and a student brought up that he saw that TX just made it legal to carry firearms concealed. His point was that people can carry guns and not be blowing people away constantly. But when he first said that TX made it legal to carry concealed he said it as if he thought that that was amazing. Before I could say anything another student turned around and said "you can do that here". Then I chimed in and said that CC was legal in 40+ states and that in recent years states have been enacting laws to allow CC. Then someone brought up how england has very restrictive gun laws and that english cops don't even have to carry guns. A black woman said that since england enacted strict gun control laws crime has dropped dramatically. I quickly corrected her by saying that since england outlawed guns for civilians it 1998, gun related crimes have gone thru the roof and some english policeman are issued guns now. After I said that the teacher quickly ended the discourse by changing the subject because he didn't want to spend anymore time on the subject. To be fair to the teacher it was the first time this class met and he weren't really supposed to be debating anything yet. The gun thing came up by accident basically.

Editted to say I forgot this part: The woman who said that england's crime rate has gone down since they outlawed guns also said later that slavery was outlawed in the USA in 1886. And she is black!
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Good job educating the sheeple.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#2]
[beer] A+ Well done!

FYI, Aristotle was a pro-arms philosopher:

"Both [the oligarch and tyrant] mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." ~ Aristotle, [i]Politics, Book Five[/i]

"... Let us then enunciate the functions of a state and we shall easily elicit what we want: First there must be food; secondly, arts for life requires many instruments; thirdly, there must be arms, for the members of a community have need of them, and in their own hands, too, in order to maintain authority both against disobedient subjects and against external assailants ..." ~ Aristotle, [i]Politics, Book Seven[/i]

[url=http://classics.mit.edu/Aristotle/politics.html][b]Source[/b][/url]

Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Then someone brought up how england has very restrictive gun laws and that english cops don't even have to carry guns. A black woman said that since england enacted strict gun control laws crime has dropped dramatically. I quickly corrected her by saying that since england outlawed guns for civilians it 1998, gun related crimes have gone thru the roof and some english policeman are issued guns now.
View Quote
Why do people like her say stupid, unfounded things like this that have no basis in fact?  Are they fed this crap by Sarah and company and like good little sheeple, believe everything blindly.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why do people like her say stupid, unfounded things like this that have no basis in fact?  Are they fed this crap by Sarah and company and like good little sheeple, believe everything blindly.
View Quote

They watch Good Morning America, Oprah, Rosie, Dan Blather and they read Cosmo.  

Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:51:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

They watch Good Morning America, Oprah, Rosie, Dan Blather and they read Cosmo.  

View Quote

the knuckleheads also open their mouths and reveal much more than stupid, unfounded things. they also unwrap their most prized possesion:
IGNORANCE !!

reminds me of a quote my father kept pounding in my head: "better to remain silent and be thought of as ignorant,  than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top