Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Posted: 5/17/2010 11:21:52 AM EDT
Guys and Gals..... how many have had recent (problems seemed to have started around the 1st of April.... or last week in march) with Gpal/Gunpal? I'm seeing several places on the net, even their own facebook account, how they are scamming... keeping the users funds!

They have over $3600 from me alone! Another guy on Glocktalk has been had for over $1500 I think he said..... 4 or 5 on GunPal's facebook site have the same issues..... Gpal wont even reply when they dont give your funds. they ignore you.

WTF?

So chime in with your horror stories.

www.peterstactical.com/gpal.html is a good read on it....

Link Posted: 5/17/2010 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Why do you think they reorg'ed and changed the name???
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I used it within the past two weeks for the first time, things went fine.
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Just started an account but haven't used it.

Hmmmmm...
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#4]
FOLLOWUP

I got a call just now from Ben Cannon, owner/founder and was told that this happened to about 2 dozen people at or near the time they did the name change. he said it was a 3rd party vender who handles the transfers that messed up things.

I am promised that it will be handled by the end of this week and that the thousands of other transactions are running smoothly, as always.

If this pans out, I will give them another try, as I have had good luck up until this happened, although i had used them only half a dozen times.

I'll post when I see the $$$$
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 7:19:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
FOLLOWUP

I got a call just now from Ben Cannon, owner/founder and was told that this happened to about 2 dozen people at or near the time they did the name change. he said it was a 3rd party vender who handles the transfers that messed up things.

I am promised that it will be handled by the end of this week and that the thousands of other transactions are running smoothly, as always.

If this pans out, I will give them another try, as I have had good luck up until this happened, although i had used them only half a dozen times.

I'll post when I see the $$$$

Update?  All is well or no?
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 7:20:15 AM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#7]
alles ist klar?
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
alles ist klar?

Good question.  I can tell you, though, that the name change alone is enough to keep me from joining.
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
alles ist klar?

Good question.  I can tell you, though, that the name change alone is enough to keep me from joining.

Guess I'll just standby and see where all this lands.

A while back when the (?) owner posted here, I decided - as always - to wait before jumping in on something new.
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I made a withdrawal on May 24 and I have yet to receive the funds in my bank account.  They have not responded to my last couple of emails, either.  I am starting to lose patience.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#11]

I think the guy running the whole thing is pretty young, I was planning on setting up an account with them but I wanted to wait it out to see what happens.
Link Posted: 6/10/2010 4:49:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm having issues receiving funds as well. I suspect that they're delaying payments in order to preserve cash.
Link Posted: 6/11/2010 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
its because of the gpal name change, there are alot of complaints about money being held for weeks but it goes through finally

Gunpal obviously didn't consider interruptions in service before they decided to change their name to Gpal

it was something with the computer program messing up, they should of never changed the name. if it happened to me I would never use them again, wonder if they are going to pay you interest for all those days, probably not

On this site, not sure if it this thread but a gpal person answered questions here, I just dont feel like reading it
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=301046&highlight=gpal&page=2
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=309831&highlight=gpal

Thanks to Mikegigabyte for posting these links...many are having issues with Gpal
Link Posted: 6/16/2010 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#14]
NM - found the #s, calling tomorrow.

Link Posted: 6/21/2010 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Guys and Gals..... how many have had recent (problems seemed to have started around the 1st of April.... or last week in march) with Gpal/Gunpal? I'm seeing several places on the net, even their own facebook account, how they are scamming... keeping the users funds!

They have over $3600 from me alone! Another guy on Glocktalk has been had for over $1500 I think he said..... 4 or 5 on GunPal's facebook site have the same issues..... Gpal wont even reply when they dont give your funds. they ignore you.

WTF?

So chime in with your horror stories.

www.peterstactical.com/gpal.html is a good read on it....

Your link doesnt seem to work only shows there front page? Wheres the read at?

Link Posted: 6/21/2010 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I had a similar problem with them last week, one phone call and I had the money in my bank account the very next day.
Link Posted: 6/21/2010 8:14:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I had a similar problem with them last week, one phone call and I had the money in my bank account the very next day.

I have about 80% of the funds I was missing. I have not had a response in a few days now regarding the remaining missing funds. Gpal has cost me alot my headaches and financial loss. Until I get my $, I cannot recommend them.

Link Posted: 6/22/2010 5:36:29 AM EDT
[#18]
FWIW- I got an email from them stating that they are aware of "communication problems" and are working to fix them.  Hopefully they un-cork their heads from their kiesters.  I'd love to ban paypal.
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I just got off the phone with GPal CS person 5 minutes ago...they are working through some issues with their payment processor.  My issue was fixed on the spot.  They are just like any other company out their...they sometimes have problems that cause temporary inconveniences.  Give them sometime to make it right!
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 7:15:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Same is happening to me. Lets keep this active so people are warned, and hopefully gunpal takes notice and fixs their problems.
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 7:16:48 AM EDT
[#21]
What phone number did you all use ? The one on their website goes just to voice mail.
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#22]
I received a payment for an item I sold to another AFCOMmer, and initiated the withdrawal to my bank account last Friday (6/25), and still do not see the funds in my bank.  I'm going to give it until tomorrow and then try to contact them.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2010 7:52:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Well, I have been sending support tickets for a week now and no response. I have called them and no one answers (during their posted business hours). They have over $2200 of mine wrapped up since 6-21-10 and it has not posted to my account as of this morning. I have had slow transfers each time I have initiated one but never this slow, this is crazy. I won't use them again until I hear they have their sh** together.
Link Posted: 7/3/2010 8:12:48 AM EDT
[#24]
COCKSUCKERS OWE ME $170.00 FOR OVER TWO WEEKS NOW. I GOT A  EMAIL FROM THEM TELLING ME IT MIGHT TAKE A WHILE TO TRACK MY FUNDS. IT SHOULD BE EASY TO TRACK THEY GOT IT AND KEPT IT. ROTTEN FUCKERS.  LAST TIME FOR ME TO USE GPAL.  AS SOON AS I GET MY MONEY I AM CLOSING MY ACCT. I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND THEM TO ANYBODY EVER.
Link Posted: 7/3/2010 8:15:31 AM EDT
[#25]
I got my funds. It took some hassle, if you kept calling you'll probably get it straightened out.

If you post here

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=4515630#post4515630

Some of GP support are monitoring and posting in the thread also, and they will probably fix it for you.

I still wouldn't recommend using them again due to the amount of time and stress I had to devote into getting my money, but at least you should be able to get your money.
Link Posted: 7/3/2010 8:18:49 AM EDT
[#26]
I just cancelled my account with them by deleting my CC and bank account info that I had on file with them. When/if they get their shit together I'll sign back up.
Link Posted: 7/3/2010 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Took me almost 3 months to get $800 from my account.  I requested a check because I didn't want to give them my bank account info.  In the end, I had to give them my account info to get it transferred electronically.  I will not use them again.
Link Posted: 7/3/2010 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#28]
I am also having trouble with them I am owed funds since 06/20/2010 and unfortunately just processed another transaction two days ago ...

Do they fall under the federal banking guidelines...?
Link Posted: 7/3/2010 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#29]
maybe its all one big ponzee scheme, they just pass around others money after a few months of holding it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 9:10:53 AM EDT
[#30]
I am out money. They show a completed deposit to my account but never showed up. When I call their support it just rings and then disconnects. Email support has not replied. Many other threads going on about this too:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=312216
http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?p=1666707

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&newwindow=1&q=gpal+problems&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#32]

This is really bad.  We NEED a gpal/gunpal-type of service.
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#33]
I hope you guys get your money back, but this certainly doesn't look good.
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#34]

I like the way that Gpal does not own the forum, but is closing down the threads about gpal......

Link Posted: 7/15/2010 7:28:23 AM EDT
[#35]
It's been nearly a month since I opened a Gpal acct. and have been trying to get my money ever since. Talked to a rep back on the 6th. Just called back and got a machine
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 8:20:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Rats, gunpal sure looked good.   We're waiting on a transfer request from 7/5/2010.   We can no longer recommend them.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 8:52:31 AM EDT
[#37]
I use Gpal. When I first signed up at the beginning of 2010, transfer of funds took around 5 days. In May, I had a $1700 take 4 weeks. They did correct this and finally transferred the money. I did a couple more transactions in June that went smooth, now I have a $200 transaction going on 2 weeks.

I believe that they want to make this right and that Gpal IS NOT a scam. But if they don't correct these problems soon, they will loose all credibility.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#39]
They have owed me about $350 for a month now.. I guess I will call on Monday and bitch them out, then quit taking gpal as a payment for gunbroker auctions.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#40]
I got an email from them at 12:44PM CST stating that they have had further difficulties, and will mail a paper check upon request.   I submitted an email case to get the check.  I expect this will be ANOTHER week delay before it gets to me.  

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#41]
gpal is a scam. they have my money tied up for over a month. the sent me a e mail telling me they were sending paper checks out and that i had to request a check from them. hey no problem except they want me to answer a security question before i log in because i am using a different computer. this is the same computer i have had for two years. i answer the security question correctly and they still wont let me in.
WARNING iI WOULD NOT USE G PAL OR GUN PAL AS THEY ARE A BUNCH OF THIEFS AND ARE ACTING JUST LIKE A THIEF WOULD ACT. IF IT WAS ONE OF US NOT PAYING OR NOT SHIPPING ITEMS PAID FOR THE SITE STAFF WOULD BE ALL OVER THIS.
WHY ISNT SITE STAFF CHECKING INTO THIS?? thanks for the rant space
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 2:30:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Chad at GPal emailed me within minutes of submitting the request for a paper check, and only asked me to verify my mailing address.

Someone IS there... but they are probably inundated with angry people calling and emailing.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#43]
If you keep on them you will probably get your money. I've found when you don't let up ( calls, emails, visits..whatever) when you're owed money generally you get paid.

Call every day until you talk to Chad. He seems to be helpful, the problem is getting him on the phone.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
gpal is a scam. they have my money tied up for over a month. the sent me a e mail telling me they were sending paper checks out and that i had to request a check from them. hey no problem except they want me to answer a security question before i log in because i am using a different computer. this is the same computer i have had for two years. i answer the security question correctly and they still wont let me in.
WARNING iI WOULD NOT USE G PAL OR GUN PAL AS THEY ARE A BUNCH OF THIEFS AND ARE ACTING JUST LIKE A THIEF WOULD ACT. IF IT WAS ONE OF US NOT PAYING OR NOT SHIPPING ITEMS PAID FOR THE SITE STAFF WOULD BE ALL OVER THIS.
WHY ISNT SITE STAFF CHECKING INTO THIS?? thanks for the rant space

Its not site staffs problem. As far as I know gunpal is not a vendor here just a payment method.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Here's a Thread in the EE comment section about them.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#46]
JUST TRIED TO CALL THEM. IT SEEMS THEY ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE PHONE SYSTEM.
IT LOOKS LIKE EVERYBODY IS GETTING RIPPED OFF BY THEM. JUST ABOUT EVERY SITE HAS SOMETHING POSTED ABOUT THEIR MONEY BEING MISSING.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#47]
I have been trying for several weeks to get them to make verification deposits so that I will be able to transfer funds I have received into my bank account.  No luck so far...
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Currently waiting for $3557.00 from them for a month now. I was told
check would be overnighted tomorrow and arrive Wed. I offered my fedex
account #. I will update tomorrow if they do indeed send it.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 3:42:13 PM EDT
[#49]
I keep hearing of trouble. Makes me go
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Just an update. they canceled all of my transactions and cut me a check yesterday. Should have it by next week.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top