Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2002 2:03:59 PM EDT
Looks like a good one!

The Magnum

It's known as the most powerful handgun in the world, made famous by Clint Eastwood in the "Dirty Harry" movies. But its origins stretch back more than a century to the Indian Wars of the American West and African safaris, where hunters stalked big game. Join us for a review of the history of the biggest, baddest gun available today--unlimited firepower at the pull of a trigger! TV G  
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 2:34:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Must be a new one, it says 2002.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool!  Thanks for the heads up!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#3]
kick ass!
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#4]
FunnyI just looked at the TV listings. Says 7:00PM CLOCKS...I read it and I see GLOCKS..I have it bad real bad...GLOCKS and AR's what a life
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:18:19 AM EDT
[#5]
The show was very incomplete. How can you talk of the .44 mag. w/o mentioning Elmer Keith, the godfather of the .44 mag. He is the one who was instrumental in developing the .44 spl. into the magnum. For a good read, check out SIXGUNS or HELL I WAS THERE. Both by Elmer Keith. Filled with his adventures and the development of the .44 mag.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:33:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Tonight is guns of Afganistan. Looks pretty interesting.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The show was very incomplete. How can you talk of the .44 mag. w/o mentioning Elmer Keith, the godfather of the .44 mag. He is the one who was instrumental in developing the .44 spl. into the magnum. For a good read, check out SIXGUNS or HELL I WAS THERE. Both by Elmer Keith. Filled with his adventures and the development of the .44 mag.
View Quote

i wasn't too impressed either, i honestly think that all involved with the show still think "magnum" is a caliber.  it didn't appeal to my firearm sensibilities at all, of course i'm a huge proponent of the .357, and i think the .357 was neglected in the show
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Another thing is there is no way in hell a 220gr Sierra BTHPM with 72gr of powder in a .300 win mag is going to move at over 3000fps like they were saying in the show.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top