Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2010 12:28:55 PM EDT
How the hell do you know which rem 700 you have?
ADL  BDL, CDL
Deluxe
classic?
WTF?
Pic of the stock coming
The barrel date code appears to be CS so it's either 1969 or 1998
300 win mag

Pic of the stock coming
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 12:30:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it have two screws on the rear left of the receiver for a peep sight? Does it have a floor plate?
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Well...first of all, the ADL has a blind magazine, and the BDL has the floor plate that drops down to remove cartidges, which was carried over to the SPS line.

Interesting enough, the third screw hole that the ADL requires is included on all 700 actions.

Link Posted: 5/15/2010 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well...first of all, the ADL has a blind magazine, and the BDL has the floor plate that drops down to remove cartidges, which was carried over to the SPS line.

Interesting enough, the third screw hole that the ADL requires is included on all 700 actions.  

OK it has a drop down hinged floor plate
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 5/15/2010 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Then it isn't an ADL, which is good.  If it has wood, it is not an SPS (Special Purpose Synthetic), which wasn't made until recently, anyway.  For that same reason, you can rule out the CDL, because I dont think they were made back then, either.

I am pretty sure the CDLs do not come with the white spacers, so my best guess is that it is a 700 BDL.

Link Posted: 5/15/2010 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Then it isn't an ADL, which is good.  If it has wood, it is not an SPS (Special Purpose Synthetic), which wasn't made until recently, anyway.  For that same reason, you can rule out the CDL, because I dont think they were made back then, either.

I am pretty sure the CDLs do not come with the white spacers, so my best guess is that it is a 700 BDL.

I think he is on the right track.

I'd bet money he is right.
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I think he's right too, but which BDL?
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 1:36:44 PM EDT
[#8]
well fuck, how many BDL's are there?

You only asked if it was an ADL, BDL or CDL in your first post.
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
well fuck, how many BDL's are there?

You only asked if it was an ADL, BDL or CDL in your first post.

700BDL CUSTOM DELUXE
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#10]
sorry, the natty ice is impeding my reading.
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I found the same checkering pattern on a rem 700 at GB
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=162352829
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#12]
excellent research.

Its a 700BDL Custom Deluxe.
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
excellent research.

Looks like I'm a bit late but yes it's a BDL custom deluxe.

Until not long ago ADL, BDL and deluxe were about the only options. ADL didn't have the floorplate, BDL had the floorplate with a standard wood stock, deluxe had the floorplate with the fancy stock with extra checkering.

Link Posted: 5/15/2010 3:30:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
excellent research.

Looks like I'm a bit late but yes it's a BDL custom deluxe.

Until not long ago ADL, BDL and deluxe were about the only options. ADL didn't have the floorplate, BDL had the floorplate with a standard wood stock, deluxe had the floorplate with the fancy stock with extra checkering.

1969 Remington 700 Custom deluxe in 300 win mag for $200.00
A Remington 1100 with some nice fancy stocks and smooth bore rifle barrel, also $200.00
S&W 13-3 357 magnum in the hard to find 3 inch  which was also $200.00  
and they through in a Sears (winchester) 22 pump gun model 4T for free.

I almost forgot, they gave a boat load of ammo and ask me to please get rid of it.
Then they came out to my truck with a big box of gun parts, scope mounts and 2 very expensive refield peep sites still in the original wraps from 40 years ago.

Very nice afternoon
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#15]
damn.  nice score!
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#16]
The 700 replaced the 721/722 series in 1962, I think the early guns were just model 700s they were wood with handcut checkering and I don't remember if they had hinged floorplates (I don't think they did) there was a run in 300 Win Mag and 7MM Rem Mag which had 26" stainless barrels (blued) manufactured by Hart, I had one of these chambered for the 7 Mag in the late 60s and it was a very good rifle. I think the 700 variations showed up with the whiteline spacers and black plastic along with the aluminum hinged floorplates and press cut checkering when the BDL came along and the ADL became the econo model. I often wondered what the Hell Remington was thinking when they offered a 2 position safety (which locked the bolt) with a blind magazine.
Link Posted: 5/16/2010 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Does it have two screws on the rear left of the receiver for a peep sight? Does it have a floor plate?

Yes
Link Posted: 5/16/2010 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#18]
howd you snag all those?
Link Posted: 5/16/2010 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How the hell do you know which rem 700 you have?
ADL  BDL, CDL
Deluxe
classic?
WTF?
Pic of the stock coming
The barrel date code appears to be CS so it's either 1969 or 1998
300 win mag

Pic of the stock coming

Rack the bolt, put the safety on and rack the bolt if you can it was made in 1984 or later, if the bolt can't be racked with the safety on it was made in 1983 or earlier. That stock would indicate a late 60's or 70's gun.
Link Posted: 5/16/2010 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
howd you snag all those?

Quoted:
Quoted:
Where'd you get all the guns for $200/ea?

A few years ago I wanted a career change.
I saw a guy here talking about putting ads in the paper saying "I buy Ammo"
I thought it might work with guns too.
i started advertising in weekly's with this ad, "We buy Guns"
As soon as it kicked off well I applied for my 01 FFL
Now we have the 01 & an 07/SOT and are manufacturing AOW's
Short shotguns.
You'll hear all about them by July
There are a lot of used guns with in a few miles of everyone on this board, you just have mine them.
\By the way, my bank roll was $3500.00 when I started.
The first week I was licensed I made $3800.00
Not bragging, just showing there are great ideas, you just have to know em when you see em

Link Posted: 5/16/2010 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#21]
hmmm any ideas when mine was made guys?  Its a 700 7mm rem mag.  my great grandfather gave it to my grandfather when he died and my grandfather gave it to me  about 15 years ago.  he had it refinished with a new composite stock though so it doesn't look like it did originally.  My grandfather doesn't know when it was made but this thread has me curious now. All I know about it is it has killed a shit tone of elk and dear and even acouple mosses in my families hands.

Link Posted: 5/16/2010 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like an older BDL to me. If it has a six digit serial it would be pretty old and suitable for a spec M40A1 build, IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/16/2010 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Looks like an older BDL to me. If it has a six digit serial it would be pretty old and suitable for a spec M40A1 build, IIRC.

just noticed is has a little 64 stamped on the base of the barrel.  could that be manufacture date of the barrel or gun? 7 digit serial number.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top