Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2002 9:12:47 AM EDT
Just curious as to who thinks what around here.

Conservative, Libertarian, Moderate, Liberal, Centrist or Authoritarian.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:14:39 AM EDT
[#1]
American, so all the above , plus a few more.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I am a libertarian Republican!

Note the small 'l' in libertarian.[:D]

I want to win, GD it! I want to win!

Eric The(YouWereThinkingPerhaps'Likud'?[:D])Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:21:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I used to say that I was a libertarian Republican, now I am Libertarian....we win the elections but then the ones we vote for go and give the opposition everything they want.  Compromise is the enemy of liberty.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Whoa, now that the poll's been added, I'll have to say that I'm more conservative than I am libertarian, although that is debatable.

Who's defining these terms? I think that being libertarian is the most conservative position, and being conservative is the most libertarian position.

So sue me![:D]

Eric The(MessedUp)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:23:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am a libertarian Republican!

Note the small 'l' in libertarian.[:D]

I want to win, GD it! I want to win!

Eric The(YouWereThinkingPerhaps'Likud'?[:D])Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Eric, you're as much of a "libertarian" as Bill Maher!
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Whoa, now that the poll's been added, I'll have to say that I'm more conservative than I am libertarian, although that is debatable.

Who's defining these terms? I think that being libertarian is the most conservative position, and being conservative is the most libertarian position.

So sue me![:D]

Eric The(MessedUp)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

[url]http://www.self-gov.org/quiz.html[/url]

this might help
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:25:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Averaging everything out, I probably would be a right-leaning Moderate.  I very conservative on some issues, and slightly liberal on others, like the environment.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm a confirmed proponent of preatorian oligarchies.[BD]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Scientist
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:44:42 AM EDT
[#11]
didnt we do this 2 weeks ago?
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Ass-a-holian.  Ask anyone who's ever met me.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Lately, a virulent computer hater. [:D]

Really, somewhere in the middle of the first two options.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm a Pisces.  I like holding hands, long walks along the beach, and moonlit nights.

Turn offs include....

Oh, wait!  Sorry!

Moderate, in most things, including moderation...
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Crap. I hit the wrong button! Strike one off of "Auth" and give it to "Conserv".

Link Posted: 3/26/2002 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I used to say I was a small-L libertarian who held his nose and voted Republican despite differences on some issues.  Nowadays, I don't want to be seen as even partially sympathizing with the Libertarian Party, since Harry Browne and others of his ilk have shown their true colors since 9-11.
So just call me a conservative with some independent beliefs.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#18]
uh, what do you have against Harry Browne? Do you honestly think that bombing everybody will solve our problems? Personally I think we should stop buying our friends (just because a government is friendly does not mean the people are). That means stop the aid to Egypt, Israel, Columbia, and whatever other countries we support. cut down on active military force strength and overseas deployments. Instead, use a more diplomatic approach to winning the hearts and minds of our neighbors. Encourage foreign investment and work with foreign governments to develop a legal framework friendly to investment and economic development. People will be less pissed when they live comfortably and securely. Give them something to lose so they don't attack us.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
uh, what do you have against Harry Browne?

View Quote

uh, he's an anti-American, unrealistic, self-serving moron who is more interested in keeping himself in the public limelight than in the well-being of this country.
Not ONE DAY after the WTC attack he was putting out "I told you so" articles.  I wouldn't piss on Harry Browne if he were on fire.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#20]
The results of the World's Smallest Political
Quiz:

Your Personal Self-Government Score is 60%.
Your Economic Self-Government Score is 90%.

I'm a libertarian!

See? Told you so!

Eric The(libertarianRepublican)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:49:52 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm an Authoritarian for 10 hours a day:
The rest, I'm Conservative.

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top