Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2002 2:55:59 PM EDT
Lots of stuff goin' on in the world today that just ticks us off.  So here's a chance to tell all what puts a smile on your face:)

A couple for me-

Happiness is...
    Taking a new guy to the range to shoot for the first time in his life(24, and he grew up in the south!  Only could shoot my 22LR.  Going to the farm soon to play with the big stuff.)

Happiness is...
    Knowing that your wife now knows how to load the 12 ga. (less than a year ago she wanted nothing to do with them) when idiots a block away decide to have a knife fight, and the cops go around the neighborhood on the horn warning everyone they can't find 'em(when I got home from work, she smiled and said she only put the birdshot in:)

Gun related or not, have at it...
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#1]
happiness is when your wife buys you a new gun
colt 45 sa but hey thats a start for her...just told her i wanted a new gun she just smiled and said wait till my B-day.......now pondering..
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Shooting the .50 BMG [:D]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 3:33:49 PM EDT
[#4]
happiness is sex. sex is happiness [sex]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Having my 16yr old daughter win a junior 3 gun championship.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 3:38:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Pulling up to the curb in front of the house after working all day and seeing your wife & son standing in the front door.  Then, getting out of your truck and hearing your 1 year old son laugh and yell "DADDY" with his hands up in the air from all the way across the front yard through a closed storm door.[:D]

Uh-huh, you're all jeajous...
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Encouraging a student to believe in themselves enough to succeed.  I teach computer classes to adults at a community college.  Many of the older learners come in at the beginning of the semester without faith in themselves to succeed using technology.

Happiness is seeing them overcome this mental hurdle and fall in love with the technology.

It doesn't happen everyday, and I am sure a few drop before reaching that goal, but seeing thier face light up when they have reached the top of that mountain makes me all gushy inside.

TheRedGoat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top