Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2002 10:06:33 AM EDT
Anyone have current info on free download site for MP3  music???
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#1]
go to www.musiccity.com, and download "Morpheus."

It's a Napster clone, and you can get anything you want from there.

It's an easy to use peer-to-peer connection, and at any given time there are a half million people "sharing" 3 terrabytes of files.

You'll not regret it.

Link Posted: 3/25/2002 10:22:36 AM EDT
[#2]
audiogalaxy is good too
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#3]
audiogalaxy is good too
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Morpheus was good, now it is crap, new gui, bad connections, etc. Try kazaa (www.kazaa.com) instead. You can also download games like ghost recon, operation flashpoint etc .(in case you need to back up your current games (wink wink)
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 10:38:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Downloading MP3's is illegal unless the artist allows it.

Av.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Direct Connect is very similar to Kazaa, and I actually prefer it.  

Aimster is another MP3 site.  There's plenty out there, just do some searching!
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 10:39:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Av.
View Quote

..And your point is??
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 10:43:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Av.
View Quote

Shouldn't you be out saving whales
or something ???
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I like winmx
[url]http://www.winmx.com/download/[/url]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 12:25:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I second WinMX.  It's the best I've ever used.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 12:46:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The new Morpheus Beta prog is crap. Maybe once they get the bugs out it will be as good or better than it was. Til then Kazaa is doing well for most people
View Quote

I think that its less about bugs and mroe that its got Gnutella on the back end.  Gnutella is true peer to peer, which is cool, but it takes a few minutes after you run the program to establish itself in the network (finding good peers and establishing a suffienctly broad "horizon").

The problem with Kazaa (with the fasttrack back end) is that there's the ability for them to shut down the whole network (as demonstrated when they disconnected Morpheus users).

The problem with both of them is some of the spyware they install.

Viper Out
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am not sure about that.  I know it's illegal to distribute them, but I am not sure it's illegal to download them for your own use.  
At any rate, you may as well post saying "driving five miles an hour over the speed limit is illegal."  Nearly everyone is going to do it anyway.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#14]
there are tools that allow you to bypass the spyware on Kazaa and Grokster. Adaware is free, and kills the spyware, and then one simply replaces a file within the Grokster folder. No spyware.

Kazaa is suspect due their shady possible connection to the death of Morpheus. The new Morpheus, based on the Gnutella kernel sucks, both connections and speed. It also has spyware now-"Morpheus also includes BuyersPort, a shopping portal that may log your IP address, track surfing habits online, and share aggregate user information to third parties. For more information, please refer to BuyersPort's privacy policy."

I'm with Grokster for them moment.

Juggernaut
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top