Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2002 8:10:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 8:13:56 AM EDT
[#1]
first, commonality of interests, then friendship.
everything else can or can not fall into place later.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 8:31:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I was going to say...BIG TITS...but then I said to myself.."wait a sec Will,your not a BIG TITS kind of guy"...so...i guess my answer would have to be...Smaller tits  [:D]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 11:34:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Someone with the same values, someone I respect and trust, who communicates honestly rather than manipulates or deceives.  Someone who is fun to be with, who has dealt with the pain in their past and likes themselves, who is passionate about life (including sex), someone who likes me.

I want to be with someone who challenges me to become a better, fuller, more whole person.  "He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm."
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess for starters, they shouldn't already be married. :-)
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I guess for starters, they shouldn't already be married. :-)
View Quote

The problem with that is that it cuts down on the population.[}:)]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#10]
for a woman that will either shoot with me, or not BITCH when I go shooting with out her
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#11]
First I must be attracted to her

1 Looks
2 Brains
3 75% of other things in common
4 similar sex drive
5 easy going and mild mannered but won't be pushed around
6 parents that are also easy going and don't try to run my life.
(my ex-wifes parents were always telling me that I needed a new job and were always finding new ones for me that involved me moving across the street from them.  Mom-in-law was always telling me that if I wanted to become a father then I needed to ditch the guns.
7 come from the country
8 realize that I am not going to change on a whim, but also realize that as I get older things will change and we will both need to evolve accordingly
there are lots of things that all add up.  I will give any woman a chance but if she comes off the wrong way (is a liberal) or if there isn't a spark then see ya later
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Having yet to find my own soul-mate [oh I have looked] I am quite certain what I am looking for.

1) Honesty
2) Loyalty [both to me and to "us"]
3) Passion [life, play, sex, love]
4) Friendship
5) Common interests
6) Her own person....not her parents rendition of what she should be.

Crap, I could list other things but these go a long way with me.

Having been married twice and divorced twice I am very gun shy right now.  

I want a woman that is into me as much as I want to be into her [with natural progression of course].  A friend, a partner and a lover.

No party girls, no kids, no whiney spoiled bitches [had those]....a true lady.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Ohhhhh.....I love inquisitive women! Are you hinting at something? [;)] As far as friendship, I look for common interests and just enough interests that we dont have in common, to keep it all interesting. In order for the dating thing to happen, we would have to be settled into our friendship and then I would start looking for the personality traits that I look for in someone that I want to date, honesty, loyalty (those two dont really exist anymore, except in a handful of women), direction in life, etc. As far as marriage goes, I havent blown up that bridge yet, but as soon as I come to it, I will let you know.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#14]
2 problems:
1. the qualities listed here are desired almost universally.
2. do you even meet your own standards?
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was going to say...BIG TITS...but then I said to myself.."wait a sec Will,your not a BIG TITS kind of guy"...so...i guess my answer would have to be...Smaller tits  [:D]
View Quote

LOL
Someone had to say it[:D]

I like the term "perky".

Seriously; creativity, witt, and good sense of humor. Tight buns, nice rack make it even better. Minimal questions. I am recently single (going on two weeks) cause I could not handle the questions.
NO QUESTIONS
-Are you feeling OK?
-What are you thinking?
-Got plans for.......?
-What do you want for dinner?
-Want cheese on your broccoli?
-Working late?
-Whats on your mind?

Edited to delete further rantings.............
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#17]
A firm Buttocks! [:)]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I always looked for a woman who didn't talk all the time, or asked a lot of silly questions. [:D]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 4:56:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Lady,

This makes for a pretty neat poll...

If I became single tomorrow, I'd look for the following attributes in a budding relationship:

1) Honesty
2) Some (repeat: SOME) compatibility and similar likes/dislikes
3) Ability to try new things
4) Non-judgmental arguments

All leading to a future of some sort...if it's not going anywhere, then why do it?

Unless you're 22, that is :-)

Oh, and meeting or beating CTT times for disassembly/assembly of an M240B would effectively cancel one of the four things I listed above :-)
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 5:03:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Traits that I can't tolarate:

- shallowness
- self-centeredness
- greed/golddigging
- smoking/drugs
- excessive or constant drinking (occasional drinks are okay)
- children (i.e., someone else's...)

So, sadly, the population of potential candidates is miniscule.

-Troy
View Quote

Troy my friend, how sad indeed it is that men like us see these traits in the pool of "single" women far too often.

Often I wonder [almost daily that is] if there are any truly desireable and reliable ones left!

Link Posted: 3/25/2002 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 5:27:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Do you know why the bride always wears white?

Because the dishwasher should always match the refrigerator and stove.

Just kidding.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Traits that I can't tolarate:

- shallowness
- self-centeredness
- greed/golddigging
- smoking/drugs
- excessive or constant drinking (occasional drinks are okay)
- children (i.e., someone else's...)

So, sadly, the population of potential candidates is miniscule.

-Troy

Maybe that's why they're single.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What do you look for in a relationship?
Marriage?
Dating?
Friendship?

Lady_of_the_Wolf
View Quote

wHY DID YOU LEAVE OUT CUDDLING?[:D]
(I know it's  in caps)...fullclip
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#26]
What do I look for in a woman?

The top of her head of course.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#28]
When I say that I'll cook dinner for us, then throw in a couple of MRE pouches in the pot and she says,"M-m-m-m, I like it like that".
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 9:07:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What do you look for in a relationship?
Marriage?
Dating?
Friendship?

Lady_of_the_Wolf
View Quote

OK here's a serious answer:

I don't initially look for relationship when I first meet someone. I either try to meet someone for sex or just for the fun of it. So it would depend on the woman. In my travels of life, I can honestly say I have only been in love 2x. One of those times I almost got married. Long story. I will not approach or attempt to meet a woman unless I find some sort of intial attraction. After the initial attraction, we move on from there. After I meet a woman they go into a category. And the categories are:

1) Possibility = Possibility of a longer relationship. Maybe marriage.
2) Ornament/Sexing = A hot chick with nothing to offer me other than a pc of ass that I can show off to friends and acquintances.
3) Friend = Have a lot in common but do not float the boat. No sexual attraction.
4) Buh Bye = Nothing to offer what so ever.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:06:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I always looked for a woman who didn't talk all the time, or asked a lot of silly questions. [:D]
View Quote

I couldn’t agree more.
How rare it is to find a person who you can sit with and quietly enjoy something, in the moment, in each other's company.  I believe the term is “comfortable silence”. No need for useless words.

I have had no long-term interest in any woman who was oblivious to the concept.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:28:55 AM EDT
[#31]
$$$$$$$$$$$.......And not afraid to hand it over!.......(everything else is a negotiation)..........[argue]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:41:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Just thinking what Troy's place may look like it could be his problem is related to the fact that the ladies get a lil' freaked out because everything at his house is either black, od green or camo'd, every table is made from ammo cans and in every other available space there are mags stacked to the ceiling.

[i]Hmmm, maybe that's my problem too??[/i]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:50:00 AM EDT
[#33]
A woman with horribly behaving children of her own from a previous marriage.  The kind of kids that make you want to blow your frickin' brains out.

Wait.....I've already got that.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:07:18 AM EDT
[#34]
One year into my marriage I am looking for less cuddling and a longer leash.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:59:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:01:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Troy, if you do get married are you going to make the lucky woman sign a prenuptial agreement that states she can't take half of any firearms related item?  [:D]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Since I have been broken up with my ex-gf for about 2 years now, and am a single father, and in the last few weeks, I also decided to (for lack of better words) make myself available

Most important: must accept me being a dad, and that my son will be living with me. *not negotiable*

The rest, in no particular order;

-No lies, fibs, tall tails, ect.. ect.. ect..
-common interests
-personality
-common goals
-intelligence
-not easy ( if I could get them in bed on the first date... forget it)
-I agree that looks are not the most important thing, but I have to at least be attracted to her.
-trust worthy
-sense of humor, but serious when need be
-not someone who expects me to be with her as soon as I get home from work, until I leave for work the next day
-similar sex drive
-shares or is at least open to my hobbies
-non liberal
-ambitious
-accept me for who I am, don't try to change me into someone I am not.

Wow, I guess I should have wrote this list out before.....  Does this mean I should plan in being single for a long time?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:40:53 AM EDT
[#39]

I have to hurry so my wife doesn't see this [:D]

BEFORE my wife I looked for these things:

1 - Basic Compatibility - If I can't stand something about them after 20 minutes it won't get better after 20 years

2 - Someone who is as attractive or ugly as I am. You don't want to date down or up. Although some exceptions can be made for supermodels, playboy bunnies and Brittney Spears look-a-likes

3 - If they can't make you laugh, they will only make you cry. Grandpa told me that one.....

4 - Money isn't everything but it helps...

5 - Someone secure enough with themselves to let me know what they are actually thinking. This one point makes a relationship 100% easier. I have seen countless older married people who know what their spouse is thinking or how they will react to certain situation. With this knowledge is where the type of person you are comes into play. You can be the better half and use the knowledge to make your baby happy. Or you can use the info to manipulate in
a devious manner.  Devious behavior of any sort will lead to divorce or seeking a trusting relationship elsewhere (ie...jumping the fence)

6 - If she looks good in a dress or a skirt. I am her slave [:D]

7 - POSITIVE ATTITUDE !!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:52:22 PM EDT
[#40]
To paraphrase Heinlein:

"A woman should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly."
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Damn, after looking at this post about what to look for in a relationship, I realize why my first marriage failed, ha-ha.  Especially your post Hoplophile.  Looks like The_Beer_Slayer might be getting an ass beating, with that vacuum he mentioned earlier no doubt.  You guys/gals crack me up!!!  
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#45]
1. A Pulse
2. A Purse
3. A Kitty Kat
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#46]
That thing everybody is scared of (after you run out of gas in the boat two miles from the dock and have to row(both of you) to get there.  Late getting to the sitters to get the kids, at the range your gun brakes down ends up useing hers(.375) you say you like the recoil!  All the little things that bring you together These are the things that make it a relationship, and then once you have a relationship(there it is again that bad word)  then you have something to build on!!  RELATIONSHIP GOOD!   And so are 10mm, and carrots ......both are full of beta-stuff....bob cole
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Attractive, red hair, Irish, likes firearms, Science major, smart, can put a paragraph together, and knows the words or is willing to learn the words to "My Little Armalite".

Women discriminated against me for 20 years, I think it's fair for me to have odd requirements in the other direction.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
i don't know what I am going to do with you guys. i guess i could answer my own question.
he's got to have a good job,be humorous,and just be a wonderful guy.
however The_Beer_Slayer better run for cover if he knows whats good for him!!! hint hint

^..^
View Quote

what if said guy Owned a large gun store, owned a large indoor/outdoor shooting range. Was a handgun,rifle and shotgun shooter. was a qualified gunsmith and had a multitude of AR15's

Said guy had a college education and was smart, funny and sensitive in the right areas.

the reason im asking you is becuase that is exactly how I want to be a few years down the road. All i have to do is find a woman that shoots and has all the trappings (pretty,smart,funny,friendly,creative,loving,forgiving,religous and of course tough.

My question is, if I had all of the characteristics that i listed for said guy above, would i be "the ideal man?"

(edited to add, "Ill also have a form4 and a ccw.")
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:18:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#50]
this is what i look for in a woman

[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=shindawia5&album_id=53687&image_id=3&courtesy=1[/img]

[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=shindawia5&album_id=53687&image_id=2&courtesy=1[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top