Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2002 12:46:43 PM EDT
... Sorry, I know this has to be one of the most requested items but it's my turn to listen if you're a tellin'.

... Where can I find military camouflage patterns & specifications. I'm interested on scaling down the Woodland or Desert scheme on BDU's and painting an AR15 but I can't find the [b]specifications[/b] for them.

... The new digital patterns would really be cool.

TIA

Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it true that the military abandoned the "six color" desert scheme?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#2]
... man I could really use help on this.
So far I'm thinking current US Army "Woodland" is:

Dark Green  FS34102
Earth Brown FS30099
Black       FS37038

... anyone?

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:59:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah 6-Color Desert is out, and you should see the new urban camo. Grey base with white/Dark Grey, and Black rectangles. They are all at 90 degree angles to eachother. Some cool stuff.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
... man I could really use help on this.
So far I'm thinking current US Army "Woodland" is:

Dark Green  FS34102
Earth Brown FS30099
Black       FS37038

... anyone?

View Quote
There's also a "tan" in it, but as to specs? Beats me, man. Sorry.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 10:50:54 AM EDT
[#5]
... Hey thanks [b]Zardoz[/b], I think your meaning "Desert Sand" # FS30279

... This effort should benefit anyone that wants a cool aased camo scheme in the future. I'm reluctant to post pix of my project until the engineering is complete.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree with you Troy. The three color desert is too light (sand with no vegitation) and woodland is too dark (heavy forest is just right). The 6 color desert fits in better than just about anything else for open, grassy areas.

Here is a rather intresting page regarding [url=http://www.whitetail.com/camo1.html]Camo Patterns[/url] but it doesn't cover the Military patterns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top