Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2002 10:57:52 AM EDT
I got attacked by a moose this morning.  We have a young bull moose that has been hanging around the house for the past couple of months.  He'll be a year this spring.  We think his mom was prolly killed by a motor vehicle, so he is a loner.  Anyway, I was out taking pictures of him and I guess he decided he didn't like me being there.  I was about 50' away from him.  I've been much closer in the past, within 5' of him, and he didn't seem to mind.  He turned straight toward me, dropped his head and his ears flattened against his neck, hackles came up and he was on the move.  I ran aroung the back of my truck and he ran by me.  I don't think he was too serious about the attack or I would have have not gotten off so easy.   My wife was watching from the kitchen window.  It must have looked pretty funny.  Got the pic, and didn't get my ass kicked in the process.  It all turned out good.  The moose hung around for another hour and wandered off into the neighbors yard to hassle his dog.  He's a garbage can diver too.  He comes around about 2 am and knocks over the garbage cans to rummage for vegetable and fruit scraps.  Never seen anything like it.   He should be of legal size by hunting season.  Just thought I would share my funny moose story with everyone.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:02:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Watch out for the squirrel with the aviator's cap and goggles, he's the dangerous one.
View Quote

Now that's FUNNY!
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:08:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We think his mom was prolly killed by a motor vehicle, so he is a loner.  
View Quote

Now where did you say the service shipped you in from? Do you call Garandman daddy? My guess is you're prolly from the south.

The word is: [size=6]PROBABLY[/SIZE=6]

Edited because I can't spell either

Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted: He comes around about 2 am and knocks over the garbage cans to rummage for vegetable and fruit scraps. Never seen anything like it. He should be of legal size by hunting season.
View Quote

You ought to feed him to get him fat before you shoot him. That way, you'll have more meat to eat [:)]

I'm just glad you're OK. Getting gored by a moose is not funny.

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#6]
If I were you I would have ran behind the truck and tripped him as he went by as retaliation for charging me in the first place. [:)]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:20:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Watch out for the squirrel with the aviator's cap and goggles, he's the dangerous one.
View Quote

I know him. Goes by the name "Rocky"
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
We think his mom was prolly killed by a motor vehicle, so he is a loner.  
View Quote

Now where did you say the service shipped you in from? Do you call Garandman daddy? My guess is your prolly from the south.

The word is: [size=6]PROBABLY[/SIZE=6]

View Quote
Absolutely correct.  Born and bred under the confederate flag.  Florida use to be home.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:25:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what my Browning Gold 3" is for. I got a load of BB shot waiting for Mr. Rocky.

[shotgun] [shotgun] [shotgun] [shotgun] [shotgun]

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did you get a picture of him charging you?  I would like to see that!
View Quote

He was just getting ready to charge when I got the pic. Don't remember if he was moving or not.  I don't have a digital so I will have to wait for the pics to be printed.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Southern boy eh?....what did you bait the possums with?..any pic's?...just kidding, cute story...hope he comes back when he has a nice rack!
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm just glad you're OK. Getting gored by a moose is not funny.
View Quote
Neither is getting moosed by Gore.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Speaking of Rocky, check out sid vs the flying rat.
There isn't much on my webpage now as I'm in the middle of redoing it.

[url]http://www.angelfire.com/ma2/sidmeighty[/url]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Southern boy eh?....what did you bait the possums with?..any pic's?...just kidding, cute story...hope he comes back when he has a nice rack!
View Quote

Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to my lovely bride, Hunydo.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
of course you are all aware that rocky and the rest of the flying rats are only air support for these guys

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/The%5FBeer%5FSlayer%2Fassault%2520squirl%2Ejpg[/img]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/The%5FBeer%5FSlayer%2Fbucky%2Egif[/img]

It's the infantry ya gotta watch out for!!
ooohhhhh YAAAAAAAA!!!

mike
View Quote

That's the baddest rodent I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#17]
A2cat-man

thats pretty funny.  i walked down to the truck one night to get somethin while me and my friends were all liqured up.  walked right past a moose that had been hangin out at my condo.  it scared me shitless and i went runin to the tennis court (enclosed by chain linked fence)  im from kentucky and spell words on here all kinds of ways.  what part of ak are ya in.  im in anchorage
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:07:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A2cat-man

thats pretty funny.  i walked down to the truck one night to get somethin while me and my friends were all liqured up.  walked right past a moose that had been hangin out at my condo.  it scared me shitless and i went runin to the tennis court (enclosed by chain linked fence)  im from kentucky and spell words on here all kinds of ways.  what part of ak are ya in.  im in anchorage
View Quote

We're just up the road from you.  Palmer.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Speaking of Rocky, check out sid vs the flying rat.
There isn't much on my webpage now as I'm in the middle of redoing it.

[url]http://www.angelfire.com/ma2/sidmeighty[/url]
View Quote

No, no, no. Case of mistaken identity. Rocky has [u]grey[/u] fur and a blue cap with goggles. Keep your eyes open.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top