Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2002 7:19:56 AM EDT
Well, I had my surgery done Friday morning (Mar 22nd) and I must say I'm very pleased.  My sight is 20/25 Right, 20/20 Left.  My vision is still a bit more blurry than I'd like, but that should go away the Doc tells me.  I am still a candidate for the enhancement procedure and will go back if the vision doesn't clear up any more.  I could let it go as is, but want the best possible results.  The only down side is that it's beautiful outside, first time in a while, and I can't go to the range, ha-ha.  Later all.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:24:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Willyswagon, Glad to hear all went well. I'm going in for my surgery on Tuesday. I sure look forward to not needing these glasses. Best of luck. CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats WillysWagon.  Words of advice: do EVERYTHING your doctor tells you to do, including using the drops for as long as he tells you to, using those eye covers per his instructions, etc.  It is all necessary.  The healing period is as crucial as the surgery itself to your long term success.  I had LASIK done last June and I am still incredibly happy with the results.  It was worth every penny to me (and that was a lot of pennies), and I've never shot so well at the range, which is important to us AR15.com people. [:D]

If the blurriness doesn't clear up soon, make sure the doctor makes it right.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 8:33:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Best thing I ever did.  It was worth the $$$.  I only wish it were available (relatively cheaply) when I was younger.  I had it done at 35.  My military life would have been far different if I had it done at 20 or 25.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#4]
[b]Do what BMANSAR15 says!!![/b]

Also, [b]get off the computer!![/b] Staring a CRT or TV doesn't help the healing process. You don't realize it, but when reading the computer or watching TV, you don't blink often enough to keep your eyes moist. Which will mess up the healing process. Doctors are just starting to realize this.

Put on some UV/polorized wrap around sun glasses when outside.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats!  Good luck with yours.  Im very happy with mine and I consider it the best thing i ever did besides marry mrs. green18 [sex]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top