Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2002 6:19:56 AM EDT
THE DAMNED AMAZING X2 CAM !!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:33:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Popup Killer is what you need. Needs some "training" at first, but then it kills 99% of all those friggen popups that used to drive me nuts. Now I only get one or two popup windows, a week, as opposed to 3 a second.

Let me fetch you the URL real quick.....

[url]http://software.xfx.net/utilities/popupkiller/[/url]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:41:03 AM EDT
[#2]
PopUp Killer is no longer...  
Sunday, Mar 03, 2002

Today is a sad day.

After numerous reports of problems with Internet Explorer from many new PopUp Killer users I have decided to discontinue my most beloved little baby.

At 6 years of age, the most popular ads control application is deceased..

Under other circumstances I would have tried to figure out the cause of the problem. Unfortunately, the cause appears to be related to a combination of factors that I just can't reproduce. Problems with the setup, with the user's machines, bugs in Internet Explorer, illegal (bootleg) versions of PopUp Killer floating around on the internet, lack of support back from the users having this problem and many other situations have made of this problem a disease that affected PopUp Killer for about 3 months and finally, as any mortal virus, took its life.

Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:53:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Most of you won't want to I know, but...
The latest Mozilla (open source Netscape) browser provides a setting that does not allow those popup windows. From what I've seen so far, it works like a champ. Check out http://www.mozilla.org for more info.
-Tom
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:06:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:08:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Has anybody ever actually read one of those popup ads?  I close them immediately.  I have a policy of NOT buying anything so advertised.  I think the average person is similiarly inclined, so why do they bother to use them?
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:14:55 AM EDT
[#6]
They advertise this way because it is so damned cheap, especially compared to other ad methods.

If they can intrigue one guy in 1000, and sell to one in 10,000, they will make money hand over fist.

Popup killer is like a gift from God himself.  How did I live without it.

Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:22:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Go to Zone Labs.  Good products and if you are not running an active firewall you may as well drop your pants and bend over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top