Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2002 7:43:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#2]
All that, and the "High Speed" guy, working SWAT with a [i]revolver??[/i] At least edit your six-shooter out of the trailer, so people who know what guns are don't say "Oh, fergetaboutit" when they see a guy fighting hundreds of zombies with a revolver.

Yeah, sure-love to reload that baby on the fly, with the undead after me![:D]

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes if your idea of awesome gun scenes is firing G36Ks with the stocks folded alternately from the hip and from the shoulder WITH THE STOCK STILL FOLDED!
View Quote

[mock horror] You mean you're supposed to unfold those things?! [/mock horror]

That mistake always makes me chuckle. Damnit, why can't all movies with guns be like Heat?
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
All that, and the "High Speed" guy, working SWAT with a [i]revolver??[/i] At least edit your six-shooter out of the trailer, so people who know what guns are don't say "Oh, fergetaboutit" when they see a guy fighting hundreds of zombies with a revolver.

Yeah, sure-love to reload that baby on the fly, with the undead after me![:D]

Juggernaut
View Quote

Fugedaboudit...
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I liked the movie.

Parts of it were unrealistic, but overall pretty tense and exciting.

The team is just private security guards, so I can imagine these rent-a-cops pulling stupid stunts.

I don't think a revolver is an awful choice as a backup gun. A .357 Magnum has certain advantages over a 1911.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 1:44:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think the fact that the movie is based on a video game should have been a cue for folks to suspend their reality.  The revolver was used because that's one of the guns in the video game.  I think there is nothing about this movie that should be compared to real life situations (evil zombies the big giveaway here).  If you like cool German subguns and some pretty gross-out gore you'll dig this movie.
View Quote

Zombies are a part of the movie plot I'm perfectly willing to suspend my belief about.

Underground multi-billion dollar corporation? Also part of the plot.

Undead Dobermans? Part of the movie.

Virus that turns you into a Zombie? Part of the plot.

However, so-called "tactical professionals" not knowing how to use their own weapons properly is just a bunch of mistakes on the part of the director-C'mon, we're not supposed to expect that in this fantasy world, that not only do zombies exist, but that firing a G36K from the hip with the stock folded is the right and most effective way for a highly trained operative to use it, are we? I doubt it...

There's plot devices, and then there's mistakes. The poor weapons handling falls under the mistake category.

Juggernaut
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top