Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2002 7:25:42 PM EDT
Just wondered.

Mexican beers are kinda few and far between here in in the rural south.

Corona is always around but I prefer Tecate over it or even Dos XX.

Happened upon a six pack tongit at the Smoke Shack and scarfed it up real quick.  Drank it all just about as quickly too ..........tasty!

What do you guys prefer?
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I like Tecate best when it come out of a tap in Cabo with lime for a quarter a mug while watching NFL on a Sunday afternoon.  I am also a big fan of Dos Equis Amber.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Of those three, I prefer Dos Equis in the green bottle.  Tecate is a sentimental favorite, because thats the first beer I ever drank, but that's a long story for another thread.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I like most mexican beers.  Tacate is good, but it depends on what I'm eating/doing.  Sometimes I prefer corona, Dos Equis, or even negro modelo.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Hate to admit this as a good Muslim doesnt touch alcohol, but Tecate is the only beer I'll drink. Diet wise I cant afford to eat my favourite mexican dish more than once a year, but when I do, I always have a Tecate or two with it. Great stuff- smooth and no after-taste.

Amir
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to drink one called 'Superior', from Mexico.
Went great with the "Cheeze Enchas" and a few shots of Cuervo Gold!
I liked Tecate in a frosted glass with a lime slice in it, followed by about 3 more, and some more Cuervo, all of which is why I don't indulge in that sport anymore...[;D]
I drank for the pure abuse!!!

Ever see that bumper sticker that says:
Live simply that others may simply live.  ?

Well, for me, I twisted it around like this:
Drink HARDLY so others may hardly drink!

I am now a spectator rather than a participant.

Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#6]
never seen it in alaska but ill be on the lookout.  ill drink the hell out of dos xx, but damn its expensive here.  oh well my buds and im are hittin red bull and jager tonight!  great stuff!
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been traveling to Mexico for business for the past 4+ years.  My favorite brew is Indio (dark amber).. for those who prefer blonde beers, SOL is tasty.  In fact, I have a AM flight tomorrow for Monterrey.. can taste it already!

"un cerveza por favor" [beer]

Bravo5-2
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting, but I think I'll stick with Sierra Nevada Pale ale.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#9]
It's OK but no better than any other Mex beer IMHO except that it's better than Corona.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#10]
COLD GLASS , Salted Rim, LIme, and Tecate and a plate full of Chili Rejenos, beans, and rice. Chips and caso.  HOT

Full plate and three beers later and I am doing good.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I like to drink warm Tequiza. It was free.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 11:56:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree with toaster, but if you like mexican beer try pacifico.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 12:21:09 AM EDT
[#13]
2 words, Bohemia and Pacifico. South of the boarder beers rule!! [beer]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 2:26:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Overall, that is probably my favorite beer. I never tire of Pale Ale.

When my 78 year-old father buys beer, which is about twice a year, he always buys Tecate in the can. He spent many summers in Mexico just prior to WWII, so I guess it brings back memories. :)
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 2:28:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Out of all the Mex beers, I think I prefer Negro Modelo.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 4:53:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Tecate with a lime and a salt rimmed glass....nothing better with enches! [):)]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:14:01 AM EDT
[#17]
After being trapped in a Mexican resort that only served Corona for a week, I can no longer drink it. Bad-nasty after taste.

My current favorite is Modelo Especial.
Pacifico running a close second.

-elliott

Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:39:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Bud lite.... rivet.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah..........I forgot about Negro Modelo.............that is a good one also.

Looks like Tecate is a pretty commonly agreed upon item.

Like you guys said......frosty glass, salted rim and slice of lime with an ice cold Tecate is very hard to beat.

Was trying to decide what beer to take to the [b]BRC[/b] [for after hours consumption of course] and found out today that I can get the Tecate for a pretty good per case price.

I think about 4 cases of this good stuff is gonna take a trip to the [b]BRC[/b].

Hey that reminds me of a song...."96 bottles of beer on the wall............96"
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top